Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 03-13-2017, 08:11 AM   #15
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilgear View Post
Just have enough brk in miles now to start running harder. Haven't tried the no lift feature yet, but a couple of runs up to 6000, in 1,2nd and 3rd with just a fast lift shift there is a very noticeable delay or pause between shifts. Will this change if I use track mode, and turn off traction control (I was in sport mode)?
The delay could be the cars traction control keeping the wheel spin in check...especially if it was cold out.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:13 AM   #16
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy71 View Post
We had three or four warm days in a row here, so Thursday I took my car for a ride. I tried this no lift shift and it felt like I was dumping the clutch on it and broke the tires lose (2nd - 3rd shift). It did not feel like it did anything fuel wise and made no noises. I probably did it wrong, but I left the throttle on the floor.
There have been mixed reports of some early 16's not having it, so it's possible you don't, but it seems like 90% do. Did your rpm's continue to climb when shifting?

If you used NLS correctly, you would know as it makes some strange noises on the shift when using it...
Old 03-13-2017, 08:30 AM   #17
Chevy71

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
There have been mixed reports of some early 16's not having it, so it's possible you don't, but it seems like 90% do. Did your rpm's continue to climb when shifting?

If you used NLS correctly, you would know as it makes some strange noises on the shift when using it...
I shifted rather quickly, but did not notice any real increase in RPM, and as I mention no extra fuel burn off. My car was built 3/16. Is there a way for me, with no tuning tools, to know if I have no lift shift?
Chevy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:12 AM   #18
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy71 View Post
I shifted rather quickly, but did not notice any real increase in RPM, and as I mention no extra fuel burn off. My car was built 3/16. Is there a way for me, with no tuning tools, to know if I have no lift shift?
If you don't have HP Tuners to look at it, the only way to know is to try it...my friends '16 SS, which was built around yours does have it. I have personably used it on his car.

You need to be at at least 90% throttle, and going over 30 mph...the rpm will hold steady when using it, and the fuel dump will make some odd noise out of the exhaust.

My friend told me his car didn't have it, and that he tried it a few times...I drove it and it did have it. He was just lifting a tad off the throttle due to habit, nerves, who knows...once I told him to make sure you keep it to the floor, he got it...
Old 03-13-2017, 02:24 PM   #19
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
I can't do it. My brain just flat won't send the signals to my feet. I depress the clutch every single time even though I'm talking myself through a no-lift. Ugh. Don't think it matters though for road coarse. I have it down to a fraction of a second.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:35 PM   #20
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post
I can't do it. My brain just flat won't send the signals to my feet. I depress the clutch every single time even though I'm talking myself through a no-lift. Ugh. Don't think it matters though for road coarse. I have it down to a fraction of a second.
Are we talking the same thing here? A no lift shift involves using the clutch but with no lift on the gas pedal. An old fashion power shift without using the clutch is not what others are saying is doable.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:50 PM   #21
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post
Um, you best push that clutch down lol...

NLS just means you don't have to lift off the throttle.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:27 PM   #22
Chevy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
If you don't have HP Tuners to look at it, the only way to know is to try it...my friends '16 SS, which was built around yours does have it. I have personably used it on his car.

You need to be at at least 90% throttle, and going over 30 mph...the rpm will hold steady when using it, and the fuel dump will make some odd noise out of the exhaust.

My friend told me his car didn't have it, and that he tried it a few times...I drove it and it did have it. He was just lifting a tad off the throttle due to habit, nerves, who knows...once I told him to make sure you keep it to the floor, he got it...
I could be doing it wrong, but I'm certain I'm not lifting my foot, I ain't scared to drive it like I stole it, I was going from second to third so I should have been well above 30. Next time it's nice out I'll have someone watch my feet to ensure I'm not lifting it and see if I can make it work.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:39 PM   #23
Hyperlinkblue

Drives: 2017 1ss m6. Blue.....
Ive been trying this the last two weeks , people have different definitions on how the no lift shift works, all i know is mine goes all the way up to 6500 rpm, if i push the clutch in at 5500 with gas pegged she goes to 6500 and holds steady but it dont bounce the tac, just holds it steady. Im getting pretty ticked off because i cant tell if it has it or not. Ive tried it with every mode on the car including track mode in competition mode. Now i can shift so fast where i bounce my foot on the clutch so it dont have tine to hit 6500 rpm but its supersonic and i cant do it everytime and the rpm definitely aint being held. Ive read that the 5th gen zl1's no lift shit was indeed held at a higher set rpm, IT WAS NOT SET TO HOLD IT AT WHERE YOU PUSHED IN THE CLUTCH.... which makes perfect sense cause youll spin that blower up and make a nice gush of boost! But lets put it this way how do you know weather your seeing no lift shit in the tune or maybe your just looking at the rev limiter possibly. Because to limit the engine its going to cut timing.... then again im just trying to piece this toghether, i am not a tuner but it would be nice for someone who tunes these thig to chime in, my car is a 17 1ss btw
Hyperlinkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:16 PM   #24
Chevy71

I tried it again today with no luck as well lol
Old 03-27-2017, 10:48 PM   #25
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperlinkblue View Post
Ive been trying this the last two weeks , people have different definitions on how the no lift shift works, all i know is mine goes all the way up to 6500 rpm, if i push the clutch in at 5500 with gas pegged she goes to 6500 and holds steady but it dont bounce the tac, just holds it steady. Im getting pretty ticked off because i cant tell if it has it or not. Ive tried it with every mode on the car including track mode in competition mode. Now i can shift so fast where i bounce my foot on the clutch so it dont have tine to hit 6500 rpm but its supersonic and i cant do it everytime and the rpm definitely aint being held. Ive read that the 5th gen zl1's no lift shit was indeed held at a higher set rpm, IT WAS NOT SET TO HOLD IT AT WHERE YOU PUSHED IN THE CLUTCH.... which makes perfect sense cause youll spin that blower up and make a nice gush of boost! But lets put it this way how do you know weather your seeing no lift shit in the tune or maybe your just looking at the rev limiter possibly. Because to limit the engine its going to cut timing.... then again im just trying to piece this toghether, i am not a tuner but it would be nice for someone who tunes these thig to chime in, my car is a 17 1ss btw

If the car didn't have no lift shift, you car would bounce off the rev limiter when you kick the clutch in. If it is holding at 6500 that means it is working....

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:14 PM   #26
Chevy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian SS View Post
If the car didn't have no lift shift, you car would bounce off the rev limiter when you kick the clutch in. If it is holding at 6500 that means it is working....
Are you sure that's correct? Why would GM have an option that had the engine spinning so much faster than the rest of the driveline? That's really hard on the clutch, synchronizer, and Tranny? It just levels off the fuel at 6,500 on mine as well. No extra fuel is being burnt off and it's doing nothing to keep all those moving parts in sync. It slams into gear in mine. I've tried it three times now, and it's nothing like these guys are explaining.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:22 PM   #27
SS2017

Drives: 2SS & GT Premium
Just used mine the other day, worked fine...just floored it, and hit the clutch super quick and slammed the next gear. The sound it makes sure is odd, almost sounds like farts on the actual shifts. Guess that is the extra fuel being burned off. I shifted at around 6200 and the tach pretty much stayed there until I finished the shift and was in the next gear...it didn't hit the limiter. It actually works pretty good, just takes nerves the first few times lol.
SS2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:36 PM   #28
crazydmc
ummmm

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Nightfall w/Blk Wheels
"no lift shift" just keeps the rpms steady when you push in the clutch and NOT lifting off the gas pedal... otherwise the rpm's would jump to redline and revlimiter and such, not cool.

remember you must be going for maximum acceleration if you are not lifting, it is not going to do a rev-match to the next gear for you.

and yes, shifting hard with the traction control ON is a horrible experience... the tires want to spin so the engine power is cut to stop this, and your head lunges forward, and makes it feel like you just did a terrible job shifting.

I keep traction control off... hey I have a Manual, tire spinning is either my intention or my fault... I don't want stinken computers trying to intervene.
crazydmc is offline   Reply With Quote