Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-24-2016, 10:39 PM   #15
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
Thanks jax and Ron
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 11:41 PM   #16
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
No problem. We just recently figured it all out as well (at least I did, as you can see from the thread).

Just got springs, sways & trailing arms swapped out. After I get the alignment I'm going to try LC a couple more times without a full tank or passenger to see if I can get close to 4.0s. Once that is done, I'll be relearning the old fashioned way. Probably going to just make me spend more money on wheels/tires/bushings. I think the woman will kill me when I start buying power adders.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 06:37 AM   #17
Slem

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
No problem. We just recently figured it all out as well (at least I did, as you can see from the thread).

Just got springs, sways & trailing arms swapped out. After I get the alignment I'm going to try LC a couple more times without a full tank or passenger to see if I can get close to 4.0s. Once that is done, I'll be relearning the old fashioned way. Probably going to just make me spend more money on wheels/tires/bushings. I think the woman will kill me when I start buying power adders.
Nice I did try to do lc once and created a smoke show so obviously I did not do it correctly. As for mods I'm still waiting to see more dyno testing on roto fab and waiting for this gm air intake to come out. I am looking at the catch can but then stumbled on a thread about a guy that blew his engine, think it was a new Camaro ? He had catch can and air intake and gm would not warranty his engine. So a little nervous after seeing that.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:16 AM   #18
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Left foot has to keep holding down the brake (all the way to the floor) and use your right foot to immediately slam the gas. The car will rev to 2k rpm and hold. Release brake to launch.

GM is against catch cans at this point, not sure why. They made a 1LE oil separator for the 5th gen.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 11:49 AM   #19
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Left foot has to keep holding down the brake (all the way to the floor) and use your right foot to immediately slam the gas. The car will rev to 2k rpm and hold. Release brake to launch.

GM is against catch cans at this point, not sure why. They made a 1LE oil separator for the 5th gen.
Because a stupid dealer blew up the guys car by driving it with no oil. It had nothing to do with catch can. The warranty dept. just looks for any excuse to not cover a major repair.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:23 PM   #20
Slem

Quote:

Ok, do you have to have it in sport or track ?
Old 09-07-2016, 10:11 AM   #21
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
I wanted to add to this thread. Today I tried launch control with DR's and no TPMS. The car gave a "service tire monitoring system" warning on start ups. I put the car into track, put it competition mode, smashed the brake and then the gas. Car revved to 2000 and was ready. So launch control will work without the TPMS intact.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:51 PM   #22
BravoMyles

Drives: Blue/Black 2017 1SS
So we still have the question of which is better, launch control or rolling in yourself? I know my times this past weekend were 12.40 and 12.41 on LC, then 12.46 hotlapped and rolling into the power. Now granted I could have been more aggressive on that launch, I was just feeling it out.

My vote I think will go to stalling up to 1500 and rolling into the power, competitive stabilitrack and track mode on.

Stabbing full throttle from stalled up to 1500 just smoked my tires, and this was at the strip.

2010 2SS - Summit White - SOLD
CAI intake, Borla Atak axle-back (Summit xpipe resonator delete), custom ported TB, Texas Speed 1 7/8" LT Headers w/ Catless connections

Instagram: bravomyles
BravoMyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 01:16 PM   #23
jdasnt3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoMyles View Post
So we still have the question of which is better, launch control or rolling in yourself? I know my times this past weekend were 12.40 and 12.41 on LC, then 12.46 hotlapped and rolling into the power. Now granted I could have been more aggressive on that launch, I was just feeling it out.

My vote I think will go to stalling up to 1500 and rolling into the power, competitive stabilitrack and track mode on.

Stabbing full throttle from stalled up to 1500 just smoked my tires, and this was at the strip.
My gut tells me that LC will not be as good. When I did it today on my personal road, it really bogged with the DR's out back before it started going. If I get a chance, maybe I'll try it tomorrow night at the track.
Old 09-07-2016, 02:12 PM   #24
BravoMyles

Drives: Blue/Black 2017 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdasnt3 View Post
My gut tells me that LC will not be as good. When I did it today on my personal road, it really bogged with the DR's out back before it started going. If I get a chance, maybe I'll try it tomorrow night at the track.
Let me know if you don't mind. I can't make it to the track this week so I can't test it myself. I know someone watching my runs said the LC was bogging bad, and he could hear it happening. As well as mine will actually spin the tires while stalled up waiting to release the brake during LC.

2010 2SS - Summit White - SOLD
CAI intake, Borla Atak axle-back (Summit xpipe resonator delete), custom ported TB, Texas Speed 1 7/8" LT Headers w/ Catless connections

Instagram: bravomyles
BravoMyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 08:22 PM   #25
RonAndersonJr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slem View Post
Thanks jax and Ron

My pleasure. Sorry it took so long to reply.
RonAndersonJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:20 PM   #26
Cldgin2

Drives: 2017 1LE SS
I figured out LC the other day myself. Did as prescribed and it pegged at 2k with a little wheel slip. Was in track / comp mode. Did not use the timer but holy crap what a take off!!! Will be on the track this Friday, can report my findings then. Little nervous as in relation to the Xmas tree when I should set up LC
Old 09-21-2016, 11:13 AM   #27
jdasnt3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cldgin2 View Post
I figured out LC the other day myself. Did as prescribed and it pegged at 2k with a little wheel slip. Was in track / comp mode. Did not use the timer but holy crap what a take off!!! Will be on the track this Friday, can report my findings then. Little nervous as in relation to the Xmas tree when I should set up LC
I would set it up as soon as you trip the 2nd set of staging lights. Ease up to the staging lights and when the first set of lights are lit allow the car to roll forward without throttle until the second lights are on and then smash the brake as hard as you can. Stab the throttle to go into LC, and hope that a slight lurch doesn't break the beam.

I never tried it at the track, but that's how I envision it.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:53 AM   #28
BadBowtieProductions
Check me out on YouTube!

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
With stock tires, I couldn't get the track to hold the initial spin from the LC. It just started doing a burnout, so I didn't use it. If the prep is there though, I can just floor it off idle and not get a bit of spin or wheel hop at all (Double tap the TC/Stabilitrak into "competitive").
11.99 @ 117 - STOCK 1/4 mile
410 RWHP / 424 RWTQ - STOCK Dyno
---
YouTube Channel: BadBowtieProductions
BadBowtieProductions is offline   Reply With Quote