Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-16-2019, 06:56 PM   #15
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
I don't know why not?

32% lobe with LT4 system has been proven to support 9-10psi on e50-e60. Your F1 isn't going to require any more fuel then any other supercharger at that boost level. It's potential gains won't be realized until you start spinning it much harder where smaller units start to lose efficiency and create more heat.

What Oldman was trying to tell you is that you will run out of fuel system before you ever tap the full potential of that F1. If you were only planning to run 7-9psi, then you could of just went with a D series. F1 isn't even getting into it's prime operating speed till about 15psi+. You will likely take a hit on low end spinning that unit for only 7-9psi. It's no different then properly sizing a turbo for the application and goals. If it didn't matter then procharger would only offer 1 or 2 units.
I plan on forged pistons and rods and going for 900+ in the next year, that's why I went with that head unit.

If I can get 750 rwhp out of this set up I'll be happy until I forge it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 11:39 PM   #16
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Makes sense...look forward to your results.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:32 AM   #17
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
You think it will be that high on only 7-9 pounds? I've never had a supercharged car before and not sure about what I am getting into with it. I had big turbo 4th gen before this that went high 8s but never a supercharged car.
Just remember - "boost" is a measurement of restriction. The number of you want to look at is the CFM being moved.

Lets say you put a out of the box P/C setup on a stock engine and tune it and its running 10lbs. A year later you do do a cam, headers, and intake manifold. Since the engine is able to flow much more CFM, the restriction is less, so boost will go down on the gauge, but CFM is going up (and making more power).

I am over 700wheel (SBE, stock cam, stock intake, LT4 fueling, E85, and a little meth) and have yet to see over 10lbs
Old 07-19-2019, 05:05 PM   #18
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
Just remember - "boost" is a measurement of restriction. The number of you want to look at is the CFM being moved.

Lets say you put a out of the box P/C setup on a stock engine and tune it and its running 10lbs. A year later you do do a cam, headers, and intake manifold. Since the engine is able to flow much more CFM, the restriction is less, so boost will go down on the gauge, but CFM is going up (and making more power).

I am over 700wheel (SBE, stock cam, stock intake, LT4 fueling, E85, and a little meth) and have yet to see over 10lbs
Yep I understand all of that. I'm now just hoping I enough fuel for what I have.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote