Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2019 Camaro Fest (IX)

AWE Tuning

Old 05-14-2019, 05:25 AM   #15
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom And Cheryl View Post
Were coming from Northern Wisconsin, we won't beat the Canada folks
Heck we had a car from Vancouver drive down to Florida and Camarovan up to Valdosta with us for the 1st Fest.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:41 AM   #16
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom And Cheryl View Post
Were coming from Northern Wisconsin, we won't beat the Canada folks
Dang it Tom, you're not trying hard enough. Get you some plates from Japan or Africa and put on the car for the judging!!

just an FYI, my plates have "Saturn" on them... you'll have to beat that for Longest distance. I'm winning this year, going all out baby!!
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:38 AM   #17
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

New judging sheet completed. The scoring system will be based on a 100 point system. Time to start getting those cars cleaned up
Old 05-17-2019, 09:03 PM   #18
Tom And Cheryl

Drives: 2013 SS Convertible, ThumperII
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
New judging sheet completed. The scoring system will be based on a 100 point system. Time to start getting those cars cleaned up
New plates ordered "infinity & beyond
Tom And Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:02 PM   #19
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
I do shows all over and drive to 99.9 % of them. Indianapolis was a blast both years when we drove there and had to clean her up again. Bowling Green is a bit more of a tough drive after the usual Indiana storms enroute to get her cleaned up for that kind of competition. Good luck to all the competitors !!

Bumblebee, Lawdog and my son decided after the last fest we would sit this year out and see what next year brings so I am happy someone else can real in the big win this year !

We are truely going to miss this years competition and all of the friends that we made !!

AND

Great idea on opening it up to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each category.

It certainly gives people more incentive to participate.

I mentioned last year that one of these years you may want to consider putting the cars that previously won a trophie in any prior Camarofest years in their own separate class to compete against past trophie winners only, like a Hall of Fame Class, LOL. That would open up the competition even further and make it more enjoyable for newcomers to compete. Just a thought.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:09 PM   #20
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog View Post
I do shows all over and drive to 99.9 % of them. Indianapolis was a blast both years when we drove there and had to clean her up again. Bowling Green is a bit more of a tough drive after the usual Indiana storms enroute to get her cleaned up for that kind of competition. Good luck to all the competitors !!

Bumblebee, Lawdog and my son decided after the last fest we would sit this year out and see what next year brings so I am happy someone else can real in the big win this year !

We are truely going to miss this years competition and all of the friends that we made !!

AND

I mentioned last year that one of these years you may want to consider putting the cars that previously won a trophie in any prior Camarofest years in their own separate class to compete against past trophie winners only, like a Hall of Fame Class, LOL. That would open up the competition even further and make it more enjoyable for newcomers to compete. Just a thought.
Won't be the same without you this year. Always a big hit at CFest.

Good suggestion too.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:51 PM   #21
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog View Post

AND

We had a class for the F-Body Gathering called the "Reunion Class" allot of us who would participate in the show to be judged finally tossed in the towel and this was a class that judges would go around and choose what vehicle they liked best if I recall we had 15 reunion class winners. We did not have to spend the hours on hours cleaning for s it was just fun to be on display (the majority of us always keep our vehicle super clean and we are over the spending hours cleaning at the show) so we created this class.

If Camaro Fest continues and the car show portion grows this would be a neat class to have.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:31 PM   #22
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
[QUOTE=01pewterz28;10523429]We had a class for the F-Body Gathering called the "Reunion Class" allot of us who would participate in the show to be judged finally tossed in the towel and this was a class that judges would go around and choose what vehicle they liked best if I recall we had 15 reunion class winners. We did not have to spend the hours on hours cleaning for s it was just fun to be on display (the majority of us always keep our vehicle super clean and we are over the spending hours cleaning at the show) so we created this class.

If Camaro Fest continues and the car show portion grows this would be a neat class to have.[/QUOTE

Sounds cool.
I like the tough ISCA, WOW or similar standards on judged shows. I usually do not compete in any participant or subjective judged shows anymore. When I visit those types of shows most of the time I may just raise the hood for awhile and just enjoy the scene. Easy Peasy. and a whole bunch of fun with no work LOL
Driving them for 10 years and keeping them looking better then the day you got it is definitely OCD, Obsessive Camaro Disorder.

Judging is alot of work,its definitely hard to inspect the car correctly, Having done it myself several times and running the judging at Car Shows myself , I wish you the Best of Luck but most importantly HAVE FUN !

Last edited by lawdog; 05-23-2019 at 10:45 PM.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:25 AM   #23
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

For anyone interested in helping judge please send me a PM weather you are a veteran or a newbie and always wanted to see how it’s done let me know it’s a great way to get to know what judges are looking for.

Ideally we would love to get 12 judges to split up the day in 2-3 shifts to allow judges to enjoy the show as well.

Just send me a PM I will compile a list.

Thank you
Sean
Old 06-07-2019, 05:34 PM   #24
2GRN4U

Drives: 2011 SYG 2SS
So here is a question that I have. If we have to take down all the stuff we have on the engine bay to drive it to a tent to get judged how will some of the awards for best of show, best engine bay and so on be able to judge that going through a tent? I put a lot of effort into making the engine bay look awesome. Also after sitting in line (I'm sure) the car will be hot so when we get it back to our spot we won't be able to display it for awhile. Is there other option available?
2GRN4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:00 PM   #25
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GRN4U View Post
So here is a question that I have. If we have to take down all the stuff we have on the engine bay to drive it to a tent to get judged how will some of the awards for best of show, best engine bay and so on be able to judge that going through a tent? I put a lot of effort into making the engine bay look awesome. Also after sitting in line (I'm sure) the car will be hot so when we get it back to our spot we won't be able to display it for awhile. Is there other option available?
Not really sure what you have on display in the engine compartment needs to be judged. You will not be traveling far to get judged we are not judging display items now if you mean you have polished covers over items driving the vehicle a 100 yards is not gonna mess anything up.

I have judged 1000 pt cars that roll off the trailer and have to drive to tech check and then into line to be judged.

Nothing more than a few specs of sand or dust kicked up while driving up the same can and would happen if your car is sitting on the show area with the hood up, windows down, trunk open. The car is going to be hot weather is sitting in line or sitting in the parking lot.

We are trying something different this year to see if we can speed up the judging process and allow folks who want to show a car get judged as well as participate in the auto cross or drag racing.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:17 PM   #26
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Phastek has finalized the Award graphics and they look awesome.

Lots of awards for the car show this year!!!
Old 06-13-2019, 11:11 AM   #27
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

BUMP looking for volunteers for the judging for the show. I would like to get enough to run 2-3 split shifts for Friday and Saturday.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-28-2019, 06:13 AM   #28
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

2 Weeks away from the Fest lets get those rides shined up and anyone who would like to volunteer to judge shoot me a PM or see me at the fest.

See everyone in 2 weeks.

Safe travels to all.