Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Great Lakes

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-09-2019, 10:27 AM   #1
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Proposed Michigan Gas Tax

I will try to keep this NON political and strictly informative. There is a new proposal to raise Michigan's gasoline tax $ 0.45 a GALLON on top of the current $ 0.26 a gallon. This would make Michigan's State Gas Tax the HIGHEST in the nation.

Please contact your state senator and representative to let them know your opinions on this proposal.

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:35 AM   #2
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
This is on top of the previous gas tax hikes to fix the roads and the 20% increase in vehicle registrations fees a few years back to fix the roads....

Quoted from the Detroit News in late 2016

"The cost of driving a vehicle is about to get a little more expensive in Michigan as gas taxes and vehicle registration fees will increase across the state.

The state gas tax is increasing by 7.3 cents per gallon beginning Sunday, New Year's Day. Also new for 2017, motorists will notice registration fees will jump by 20 percent for all cars and trucks.

The increases are the first in decades in Michigan's fuel taxes and vehicle registration fees in an attempt to address deteriorating highways, roads and bridges across the state."

Yet most all the roads are still terrible. Where did all this money go?
Old 03-09-2019, 10:36 AM   #3
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Yep I just heard about this yesterday. Makes me sick
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:17 AM   #4
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Yep I just heard about this yesterday. Makes me sick
Let your state senator and representative know. When they get a sh_t ton of emails they will have to bend.

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:13 AM   #5
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
I like it, but then again, I'm in the infrastructure industry
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:22 AM   #6
bturner2

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue, Sunroof, NPP, MRC
Sorry but this is political. Vote Gov Jen II in and get the same BS as the last time. People have such short memories. And let me make another prediction..... The money collected will go into a bucket that will fund schools (actually teacher raises and retirement), welfare, child services, walking paths, biking lanes, save the whales and any other thing they decide to rob the fund for. This just keeps happening over and over again. You give them money for one thing and it's siphoned off for something entirely different.

I'll be the first to admit that I didn't like either of our choices this last go around but anyone who says they didn't see this coming has to be an idiot. Stevie Wonder could have seen this coming.
bturner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:52 AM   #7
cheeze9878

Drives: 17 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner2 View Post
Sorry but this is political. Vote Gov Jen II in and get the same BS as the last time. People have such short memories. And let me make another prediction..... The money collected will go into a bucket that will fund schools (actually teacher raises and retirement), welfare, child services, walking paths, biking lanes, save the whales and any other thing they decide to rob the fund for. This just keeps happening over and over again. You give them money for one thing and it's siphoned off for something entirely different.

I'll be the first to admit that I didn't like either of our choices this last go around but anyone who says they didn't see this coming has to be an idiot. Stevie Wonder could have seen this coming.
Agreed
cheeze9878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:41 AM   #8
KCelsius

Drives: 2018 Summit White 1SS 1LE
And let me guess, once they collect the money, the roads will still be trash.

If this happens, I'll probably be looking for a job outside of MI. Insurance it pretty ridiculous here and roads aren't good enough to compensate for the cost to drive. Hope they can get this right...
KCelsius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:37 AM   #9
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCelsius View Post
And let me guess, once they collect the money, the roads will still be trash.

If this happens, I'll probably be looking for a job outside of MI. Insurance it pretty ridiculous here and roads aren't good enough to compensate for the cost to drive. Hope they can get this right...
I feel you. I have OH friends and I'm tempted to "move" in with them. My address will then be OH and I can pay cheaper rates. I already do all my shopping in OH and am looking at a job there. MI is a beautiful place to live....I mean visit.
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote