Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 06-17-2019, 07:36 PM   #1
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
ChechnyaTools S-21 Dual Action Polisher 21mm $92 plus shipping review

ChechnyaTools S-21 Dual Action Polisher 21mm $92 plus $35 shipping.

I read good things about this polisher on Autopia forum. I wanted a 21mm long throw polisher but didn't want to spend $400+ when I already have 3 good polishers. So I thought I would take a shot on this $92 polisher. It is a clone of the Griots Boss 21.

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...SABEgIO2vD_BwE

I ordered it thru their facebook group and paid $92 plus $35 shipping from Hong Kong with Paypal. They have EXCELLENT customer service and sent me personal emails (from Stacey) throughout the transaction.

I got the polisher in 7 days. It came in good packaging. It has a 13' cord. It looks just like the BOSS and it even has the same backing plate on it standard. (I changed the backing plate out to a Makita- more on that later.)

I tried the Chechnya Tools s-21 out on a BIG job, 2009 Silverado. I started the test with a cheapo orange foam pad and Meguiar's new M110 compound. After polishing one panel, the backing plate quickly got hot and exploded the cheapo pad. I put a quality pad on for the next panel, and while it got hot, it did not kill the pad.

The backing plate on the S-21 is the same as my Makita PO5000C (sweet!) so I took the 6" backing plate from the Makita and put it on the s-21.

I finished the rest of the truck and the pads barely got warm. MORAL OF THE STORY: Quality backing plates are a MUST!

The S-21 was smooth enough to run with one hand. It did not stall much at all with pressure when using the stock backing plate. With the Makita backing plate and a compounding pad, you can make it stall. However, it doesn't take much pressure to correct the paint with the long throw, so it's all good.

Using a Chemical Guys Hex Logic orange pad with M110 followed by a white pad and Meguiar's D166 here's the results:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

So the Chechnya Tools S-21 21mm Dual Action Orbital Polisher
http://www.chechnyatool.com/products/show.asp?i=209

did a great job- for one truck. Will it last thru heavy usage- LIKE AT CAMAROFEST!?!?!?! We shall see...
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:22 PM   #2
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
I'm finally going to use mine this week on the Camaro, if I get the CQuartz this week before my day off. I was planning on doing my Honda but we have had no lasting respite from the Rain yet, and the Camaro will be sitting in the garage anyway.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:43 PM   #3
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
I'm finally going to use mine this week on the Camaro, if I get the CQuartz this week before my day off. I was planning on doing my Honda but we have had no lasting respite from the Rain yet, and the Camaro will be sitting in the garage anyway.
Get a Makita backing plate. It adds $50 to the cost of the polisher but it is worth it. It will save your pads.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 06-17-2019, 11:10 PM   #4
SnakeEyeSS

I have a nanoskin vented pad on standby.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:04 PM   #5
SnakeEyeSS

I have used it on three cars now(a two step on one, and "removed" a scratch on a forth), what are your thoughts on the heat? When I replaced the grease I removed the handle/shroud covering the gear housing and noticed the vents that are completely covered by the (anti vibration) rubber. I ended up getting out my Dremel and cutting a slot in it increase airflow. I haven't noticed any build up in the vent. It seems to get Hot but doesn't seem to effect it's performance.
Old 08-29-2019, 02:55 PM   #6
KirkH

A friend is using his Chechnya Tools S-21 Dual Action Polisher every day in his detail shop and says it is doing great.
Old 08-29-2019, 02:56 PM   #7
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
I have used it on three cars now(a two step on one, and "removed" a scratch on a forth), what are your thoughts on the heat? When I replaced the grease I removed the handle/shroud covering the gear housing and noticed the vents that are completely covered by the (anti vibration) rubber. I ended up getting out my Dremel and cutting a slot in it increase airflow. I haven't noticed any build up in the vent. It seems to get Hot but doesn't seem to effect it's performance.
Mine has not gotten hot but I will definitely check out those vents.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:30 PM   #8
KirkH

I have used this polisher quite a bit and it has performed very well. A friend is using one in his shop all day long and he said it cuts fast.

This polisher is the same polisher as Griot's Boss G21. It looks exactly alike except for the labels.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:16 PM   #9
BlakeR
😁😁😁😁😁

Drives: 1ss
Attached Images

BlakeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:33 AM   #10
harner

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Nice review! How is the machine holding up?
1994 Trans Am LM7/CPT 4L60E/9"
1987 IROC
2006 Silverado
harner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:25 AM   #11
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by harner View Post
Nice review! How is the machine holding up?
No problems at all. I know a guy who is using one all day long and it is holding up.