Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-29-2020, 09:21 AM   #1
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Problems with gen5diy.com

I purchased a new HMI with the navigation option back when I was troubleshooting my dead infotainment screen from gen5diy. Turns out, the hmi wasn't the issue but I kept the hmi unit. Once I replaced the screen at the end of February I noticed that the new hmi did not have android auto and was a version that predated the existence of the android auto patch (i have a 2016).

I verified this by plugging my old hmi in, which still worked, and noted the version (as well as finding posts i and others made when the post was rolled out back in 2016).

Thus began the email chain back and forth between gen5diy (jarod) and me that spans the course of the beginning of March until now. Discourse that is not hostile or attempting to discredit my claim that they gave me a obsolete firmware instead of what was current or at least fully functional ... However, the problem appears to be their programmer who appears to be a subcontractor of which they have no alternative. Covid obviously happened and my responses from gen5diy have dwindled to nothing. I haven't received an email from them since march 20th when they stated they were waiting on the programmer before sending me a shipping label.

So even though it was a waste of 1000 bucks since i didn't need it, it's a $1000 item that's married to only my car that i can't even use or sell.

So beware of anything from gen5diy that requires programming.

Last edited by cellsafemode; 05-29-2020 at 09:46 AM. Reason: typo.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 09:35 AM   #2
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
thanks for the update. Sorry to hear that they aren't standing behind their stuff.

That's the bad part about sub'ing stuff out.

If the sub is a flake, you are left holding the bag to make it right. Either find a new programmer or refund the money.

It's sad that they just blow you off.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:07 PM   #3
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
I purchased a new HMI with the navigation option back when I was troubleshooting my dead infotainment screen from gen5diy. Turns out, the hmi wasn't the issue but I kept the hmi unit. Once I replaced the screen at the end of February I noticed that the new hmi did not have android auto and was a version that predated the existence of the android auto patch (i have a 2016).

I verified this by plugging my old hmi in, which still worked, and noted the version (as well as finding posts i and others made when the post was rolled out back in 2016).

Thus began the email chain back and forth between gen5diy (jarod) and me that spans the course of the beginning of March until now. Discourse that is not hostile or attempting to discredit my claim that they gave me a obsolete firmware instead of what was current or at least fully functional ... However, the problem appears to be their programmer who appears to be a subcontractor of which they have no alternative. Covid obviously happened and my responses from gen5diy have dwindled to nothing. I haven't received an email from them since march 20th when they stated they were waiting on the programmer before sending me a shipping label.

So even though it was a waste of 1000 bucks since i didn't need it, it's a $1000 item that's married to only my car that i can't even use or sell.

So beware of anything from gen5diy that requires programming.
Have you reached out of Ofer @ Gen5DIY (2SSRS @ Gen5diy) on this board he is the owner