Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-29-2020, 01:48 PM   #1
Jaystroh

Drives: Camaro RS 2LT
Say I told you so... dealer service 😩

So I got my car back after 8 days which wasn’t bad at all. Spoiler, cold air intake and some brake work. It was raining so it made it hard to see everything. Anyway long story short, got it home and was detailing (cleaning up mess in car left from service) and opened the trunk lid only to hear stuff Rattling/bouncing around in trunk lid... yea it’s the old hardware left inside trunk lid after new blade spoiler install. Oh well I can take care of that I guess even though I shouldn’t have to. Figured if everything else is good no huge deal. Then I get over by the driver door/front fender and notice the Gap between the door and fender are off quite a bit. Fender is flared outward away from the car so Follow it down to the side skirt/rocker area and yea crushed in/dents in it. Assuming from lifting the car incorrectly. Right side seemed ok. Supposed to call them back Tuesday since they are so busy. So just wanted to see what you guys think as far as how they should handle this and where I stand with expectations Or compensation etc... the price and timeframe was great but obviously that came at a cost.. wish I was in my new place/nice garage where I could do this stuff myself like I normally do. For the record the dealership is pretty decent overall compared to others I’ve been around so want to give them the chance to make good on this. Thanks again!
Jaystroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 01:58 PM   #2
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Jay, take your car back to the dealership and let them fix the damage. They are responsible and need to repair it and they will since they worked on it.��
Old 05-29-2020, 02:03 PM   #3
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Agreed, take the car back and go see the general service manager, in person, no email or text, website, etc. Show him your problem and let them fix it. This should be a no charge item. Believe me , a service manager will want to see this as it reflects upon the tech that did it. And you have a very important CSI survey coming that he wants a good score on. Remind him you haven’t filled it out yet , in a nonthreatening way.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 02:04 PM   #4
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
This might sound a little crazy to some, but I always take pics of the underside before taking it into the dealership here in Michigan as well. Guess I've read to many horror stories lol. As far as handling it that depends, but personal experience has taught me to always start out nice (give them a chance) and see what happens. If you show anger up front you just might sabotage yourself in the end. However, if they give me the run-around then I become you can say a "little different" lol
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 02:04 PM   #5
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I say live with it unless you're finished taking your car to places who divy out the grunt work to min wage/overworked people. You're just going to have it happen again when the next person who puts it on a lift does it wrong since it seems to happen every single time.

Like if you're the kind of person who doesn't do their own oil changes....just give up.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 02:15 PM   #6
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
And Jay, you don’t have to live with the damage either since you didn’t do it!
Old 05-29-2020, 03:33 PM   #7
Ghostdriver2

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2ss
Definitely bring it in. As a Dealership you would hope the repair techs would know where the proper jack points are! That’s why since day one I put jack pads on the pinch welds so any mechanic can see exactly where to put the jack or lift.
Ghostdriver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 04:38 PM   #8
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
This might sound a little crazy to some, but I always take pics of the underside before taking it into the dealership here in Michigan as well. Guess I've read to many horror stories lol. As far as handling it that depends, but personal experience has taught me to always start out nice (give them a chance) and see what happens. If you show anger up front you just might sabotage yourself in the end. However, if they give me the run-around then I become you can say a "little different" lol
Yep. And make sure they SEE you taking pictures. Who cares if they think you’re crazy. That way they might be a little more considerate of how they treat your car.
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 05:32 PM   #9
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
When I bring a vehicle in for dealer service (which is almost never btw), I always have them do a "walk around" with the service manager before I let them have it.

Hopefully, they will do the right thing and fix the crushed fender. They might say it was already like that before you brought it in. This seems to be common problem when I look at used 6th gens on the lots. It reminds me of the 4th gens back in the day with their bent lower fenders from improper lifting. Ugh!
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 05:46 PM   #10
Yellow Beast
TD

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2014 Mercedes C300
Busy or not take your car back to them now if you can. If not take it back Monday morning . Ask for the service manager. Show him the damage and the shit in the trunk. Make sure he understands you are not happy with the situation. You don't have to be angry and scream but be stern. That is bullshit. Id be pissed. I'm pissed and its your car. Make sure they fix it and give you a loaner at their cost. I was a tech at a dealership and I've seen this kind of shit happen. Sometimes the service advisors are so defensive they claim it didn't happen at the dealership. Hopefully you won't have to deal with that. If you do call General Motors customer service. Get it back to them asap.
Yellow Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 05:50 PM   #11
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
sounds like some real professionals working there
Old 05-29-2020, 07:43 PM   #12
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
So this is the 2nd thread I've seen about proper jack points on these cars. Glad I joined this forum and got a heads up. When I take my car in I do take it to the GM Chevy dealer. I certainly would hope that they do know this, but I will be 100% certain I verify it next time it goes in. So what are the jack pucks I see people talking about. How are they adhered to the underside of the car?

OP... If they messed it up, take it back to them. They should fix it and make it right.

Edit: Ahhh.. I just watched a YouTube video for the Phastek Performance lift pads.

Last edited by jamala00; 05-29-2020 at 07:58 PM.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:03 PM   #13
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
How is this still happening at some Chevy dealerships 5 years into this new generation?

Good luck OP - hope the fix is perfect and you are happy with the mods!
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:24 PM   #14
Jaystroh

Drives: Camaro RS 2LT
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I’m staying cool about it. I called them literally an hour after I picked it up when I noticed it and they instructed me to call them Tuesday. I wanted to bring it right back up there but the lady was honest in saying they wouldn’t even be able to look at it until Tuesday. Hopefully that doesn’t mess my chances up. Anyway I’ll work it out but just wondered what some of the other members thought. I will not be taking it in for anything outside of major warranty again that’s for sure. This car seems to need extra special eyes when working on it. It does have some unique and sensitive things about it. Live and learn I guess. Hopefully by the time I do anything else to it I’ll have my garage back! Lol
Jaystroh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damage, service department