Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-28-2020, 05:16 PM   #15
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
The Camaro will soldier on with the LT1 and the LT4 until the 6gen has the plug pulled on it. Chevy is putting the emphasis on SUVs, Crossovers and Trucks now since those are what types of vehicles people are buying. I don’t really see how the Corvette has survived the cut all these years but at least it’s still selling even in its eighth generation.
Corvette has always been engineered and manufactured as if it was low volume. That combined with a much higher transaction price keeps the Corvette profitable.

Camaro is not intended to be a low volume car, at least low like it is now, 40,000 ish. Camaro volumes are now at the point it's a good year for Corvette.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:30 PM   #16
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
If the chevy decides to stop making the Camaro then I suggest they just convert over to full time making ventilators.
Seriously? You think if they stop building a car that accounts for maybe 1% of sales and is likely not worth more investment they should just go out of business? You know stop building the 1.5 million FST and SUVs that make more profit in a day than the Camaro might all year?

No

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
If you had to guess, would the new Camaro be all EV or just a hybrid?
Completely uneducated guess, but I believe GM has gone all in on EVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
I mean, consider that GM killed off the Z/28 after it had seemingly been fairly deep into investigation.

Maybe GM will dump the LT5 into a ZL1 for something special, but I really don't expect them to do anything beyond paint and body (or anything that is an easy-button) to the rest of the Camaro lineup.
LT5 would be the easiest to just "drop in" but if the supercharger is taller, which I think it is, that would at least drive a new hood. But hey I'm sure at least a couple of people would buy a farewell $100,000 Camaro
Old 05-28-2020, 07:04 PM   #17
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
I just bought my Camaro and I love it. I hope it lasts me a long time. It would be a bummer to see GM do away with it. I think it's a beautiful car.
jamala00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 11:06 AM   #18
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
GM was never that invested in the Camaro. It’s not going to get better now that sales are falling.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:35 AM   #19
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
If you had to guess, would the new Camaro be all EV or just a hybrid?
If they're going to go that far off the rails I'd rather they just make it into a true SPORT utility vehicle instead of an electric anything. A modern El Camino even. Mix the sporty looks and powertrain with high ground clearance and off road capabilit with more room in the trunk.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 01:13 PM   #20
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Quote:
Nah, just kill it. No "Mustang" Mach-E abomination for Camaro. Some fates are worse than death.
Well, they sort of tried it with the new Blazer that has a lot of Camaro styling cues. Of course like everything else, GM screwed it up by pricing it too high for the market.

Even though the Mach-E is an abomination on the Mustang heritage, at least Ford is keeping the name relevant for the future. GM just discontinues product no matter what the heritage is.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 02:21 PM   #21
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
7th Gen Camaro will just be a rebadged MB C63 AMG Coupe, made in Germany, just with some Chevy tweaking and even the interior will be MB.

(Three guesses which car I am trying to joke about, first two don't count).

As for the original question, nah, probably not worth it. 6th Gen Camaro was already eating into potential C7 sales, and now that C8 got a nice big gap between it and the 6th Gen Camaro, I don't think GM would want to shrink that gap again.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 04:32 PM   #22
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
We only have ourselves to blame for this. Why aren't people buying as many Camaros like they used to compared to the 5th gen days? It can't be all related to the pent-up demand excuse people like to throw out.
More expensive, probably. Now we've got the LT1 now but I know given the options, especially on the used market, I'd buy a 5.0 over a V6 camaro for the same price if I had a budget to stick to and I'm a Chevy guy and am a huge Camaro fan. I looked at a 2020 2SS earlier this week new on the lot and it was almost as high of an MSRP as my LT Trail Boss and the LTZ Z71 I looked at. Obviously, they're two different markets there, but these cars are expensive, and at $52k for an SS almost anybody would go for a C7 at that price, or even a used hellcat.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 02:35 PM   #23
Chevyfan4life
The Green Hornet

Drives: 2020 Rally Green 2SS 1LE
offer the LT5 for the ZL1 as a option.It would be a waste of money in development to put in the ZR1 for only one year.Make the LT5 optional and it will make the ZL1 more of a competitor vs. the GT500 and the Hellcat.Is that really to much to ask?

1100-07/02/19
3100-07/04/19 | TPW 8/5
3400-7/29/19
3800-8/2/19 Built!
4300-8/5/19
4300-8/9/19 delivered to rail yard
4200-8/13/19 Shipped!
5000-8/19/19
6000-8/24/19 She's Home!
Chevyfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 03:24 PM   #24
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I don't think they'll be able to get the full 495HP without the 4 into 1 headers, optimized intake path and cam (which relies on the other optimizations to really do it's thing). The best we can hope for is a version of that intake that will fit on the LT1 as a separate part #, if it fits under the stock SS hood to begin with.
Old 05-30-2020, 03:31 PM   #25
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyfan4life View Post
offer the LT5 for the ZL1 as a option.It would be a waste of money in development to put in the ZR1 for only one year.Make the LT5 optional and it will make the ZL1 more of a competitor vs. the GT500 and the Hellcat.Is that really to much to ask?
I wouldn't go so far as to say that there was a lot of development from GM to make the LT5. Was there money spent? Sure. But I wouldn't imagine that it was substantial enough for it to matter that it was only in the ZR1 for a year.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 05:58 PM   #26
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
We only have ourselves to blame for this. Why aren't people buying as many Camaros like they used to compared to the 5th gen days? It can't be all related to the pent-up demand excuse people like to throw out.
Your signature says you own a gen5 Camaro that sits in your garage.

Why did demand fall? In part because a lot of people buy them as toys that they don’t drive. Like you?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 09:18 PM   #27
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Yeah, I have been looking at possibly selling my daily driver Charger 392 for something newer and/or lower mile, but even with the 84 months 0% interest @ Chevy right now, at the price level of the new Camaro, it's not worth it to me. I'll keep driving the Charger without a payment for awhile. After looking around for a few weeks, if I had to choose at this point, if I can get back to a 2 door now instead of 4 door since my kids are getting older and starting to drive, I'd probably go with a low mile 11-14 Mustang GT and put a blower on it. It's cheap, looks good, and I can mod it and customize exactly to my liking for much less than a 2020 Camaro SS or especially what'd I'd really like, a ZL1. Full disclosure, I love the 16-18 SS looks, but not a fan of the 19 at all and the 20 is meh to me.
I'd take an '11-'14 Camaro over the same year Mustang every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Not because I'm a "Camaro Fan", the Camaro in those years is simply hands down a better car.

Now, the Mustang beyond that does play a role in Camaro sales. Ford did a pretty good job with that car, and made the choice much tougher for a lot of people.

To answer the original question, the LT2 will be Corvette exclusive for at least the next two years, I firmly believe.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 10:25 PM   #28
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Your signature says you own a gen5 Camaro that sits in your garage.

Why did demand fall? In part because a lot of people buy them as toys that they don’t drive. Like you?
Demand fell because a lot of people don't like the 6th gen. Well, not enough to buy them in droves like they did with the 5th gen. The styling got a lot more derivative. It lost the signature muscle car look it had with the 5th gen. It also got more impractical by getting smaller in interior room especially the back seat. What perception of limited visibility was made even worse by GM making the side window height even shorter on the 6th gen. It basically became just a slightly cheaper Corvette.

If there was a perfect storm of what not to do to make a car sell better, GM did it with the 6th gen. Pricing it higher and making it less practical is not going to increase sales particularly in that market. They thought increasing performance would make up the difference, but it didn't work. They tried that with the 4th gen back in '98 when the LS1 came out with dismal results. The 6th gen is number 3 in sales behind both the Mustang and ancient Challenger.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote