Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 02-07-2020, 03:21 PM   #1
JKO

Drives: 2016 2 SS
New 2020 ZL1 Help

Ok we have been racing for years had a couple SS Camaro's just got the ZL1 does it pay to try and run the car without drag radials. If so looking for some advise its an automatic should we try and use launch control , just foot brake it . Do you guys use the line lock to heat the tires just trying to find out what to expect our 1st time out .

Thanks in advance!!

2020 ZL1 .
JKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:17 AM   #2
2018ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10 NFG
I can tell you that torque management in this car wont let you really get much faster with drag radials... You will see a couple tenths but thats about it. My 60 foot times didnt improve much from the stock GY's to MT ER Street R's. With the TCM unlocked and tuned the DR's make a huge difference! I dont use the line lock to do my burnout because I turn all the nannies off when drag racing, it will run much better than with the nannies on! I ran an 11.35 with the stock GY's and a 11.17 with the DR's. But it was a different track and different DA so its hard to really tell! There are a few guys on here that have got int0 the 10's with the stock GY's! These guys have MANY runs down the track in this car!
2018ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 01:08 PM   #3
JKO

Drives: 2016 2 SS
Appreciate the advice I only asked because our SS would spin fairly easy , i just wondered if it would want to hook on the stock tires and if we had to use the traction control or launch control to be able to launch i'm not real educated on the torque management and how the slip percentage is correlated to the track i only know you don't want to tire spin so setting a % is greek to me we'll play with it as we race a good bit with our race car the ZL1 is my wife's daily and she likes to run here and there .

2020 ZL1 .
JKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 10:05 AM   #4
2018ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10 NFG
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKO View Post
Appreciate the advice I only asked because our SS would spin fairly easy , i just wondered if it would want to hook on the stock tires and if we had to use the traction control or launch control to be able to launch i'm not real educated on the torque management and how the slip percentage is correlated to the track i only know you don't want to tire spin so setting a % is greek to me we'll play with it as we race a good bit with our race car the ZL1 is my wife's daily and she likes to run here and there .
No problem! My statement about the nannies were it runs better with them off not on! Even with the stock GY's on there you will see better times with them off! Believe it or not those GY's hook pretty darn good for what they are! That torque management is built into these cars so GM can keep from breaking things under warranty! I blew my warranty all to hell after about 6 months! I really dont want the dealer working on it anyway!
2018ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote