Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 04-13-2017, 08:13 AM   #225
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
It isn't that either...there are more than a few cars that trap higher.
The Demon is NHRA certified as being the worlds fastest production car in the 1/4 mile per the reveal and per Dodge's website.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:15 AM   #226
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMATT View Post
But it isn't. P1, LaFerrari, 918, Super Sport all trap higher...

...and once the Chiron is tested, it won't be the quickest anymore either.
Are these million dollar+ ultra rare vehicles NHRA certified to be that quick? The Demon is. And the claim excludes 'non-mass produced vehicles' which those exotics clearly are not.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:18 AM   #227
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:

The Tesla P100 already does a 2.3s 0-60 and 10.5s 1/4 mi and will walk the Demon with driver mod or next upgrade (P110).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
Are these million dollar+ ultra rare vehicles NHRA certified to be that quick? The Demon is. And the claim excludes 'non-mass produced vehicles' which those exotics clearly are not.
The Tesla is cheaper than the Demon, including the upcoming P110 model.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:22 AM   #228
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
The Tesla P100 already does a 2.3s 0-60 and 10.5s 1/4 mi and will walk the Demon with driver mod or next upgrade (P110).

The Tesla is cheaper than the Demon, including the upcoming P110 model.
Oh, with mods or 'next upgrade'. I see.

And 'cheaper'? C'mon...
Old 04-13-2017, 08:22 AM   #229
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
Quote:

Wow.....really?
I'm starting to realize that even if the Demon came with a full cage, all other safety items, ran mid 6's in the quarter, and had a base price of $50k some of you guys would argue that it couldn't compete in the funny car class.
And before you go accusing me of being a Dodge fanboy, I am FAR from brand loyal. Over the years I have owned and enjoyed everything from big block Chevelles to Turbo Buicks to Ford Mustangs, and actually leaned more to Chevy and GM more than any other brand.
It's just hard to comprehend why a person feels the need to grasp and claw for excuses as to why a specific car is somehow a failure or whatever.

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
McBeevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:23 AM   #230
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Satisfied View Post
Wow.....really?
I'm starting to realize that even if the Demon came with a full cage, all other safety items, ran mid 6's in the quarter, and had a base price of $50k some of you guys would argue that it couldn't compete in the funny car class.
And before you go accusing me of being a Dodge fanboy, I am FAR from brand loyal. Over the years I have owned and enjoyed everything from big block Chevelles to Turbo Buicks to Ford Mustangs, and actually leaned more to Chevy and GM more than any other brand.
It's just hard to comprehend why a person feels the need to grasp and claw for excuses as to why a specific car is somehow a failure or whatever.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:23 AM   #231
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
The hate is strong in these threads
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:58 AM   #232
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
The hate is strong in these threads
The Ford guys are joining forces with the Dodge guys y'all. We are in trouble

On a serious note, I think it's acceptable to be skeptical. Maybe of us don't discriminate there. It's the folks that can't handle it that show their true colors.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:45 AM   #233
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
The Ford guys are joining forces with the Dodge guys y'all. We are in trouble

On a serious note, I think it's acceptable to be skeptical. Maybe of us don't discriminate there. It's the folks that can't handle it that show their true colors.
Oh yeah being skeptical or not having it be your thing is fine.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:13 AM   #234
1LEMATT
1LE enthusiast

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
The Demon is NHRA certified as being the worlds fastest production car in the 1/4 mile per the reveal and per Dodge's website.
FYI being "NHRA certified" doesn't mean jack sh*t. They are just a US based, sanctioning body.

Not to mention, it isn't the "fastest production car in the 1/4 mile." Higher end exotics or not, there are multiple cars faster in the 1/4 mile - and that is a fact. And with a low 3300 production volume, it's not "mass produced" either. So that can't be factored in.

I'm not taking away what the car can do, hell, I'd love to have one, although it seems like some of you like to twist it that way. I am simply stating some of the marketing titles given to this car are in fact, wrong.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:38 AM   #235
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Quote:
FYI being "NHRA certified" doesn't mean jack sh*t. They are just a US based, sanctioning body.

Not to mention, it isn't the "fastest production car in the 1/4 mile." Higher end exotics or not, there are multiple cars faster in the 1/4 mile - and that is a fact. And with a low 3300 production volume, it's not "mass produced" either. So that can't be factored in.

I'm not taking away what the car can do, hell, I'd love to have one, although it seems like some of you like to twist it that way. I am simply stating some of the marketing titles given to this car are in fact, wrong.
You can be wrong if you want to - what you call 'marketing titles' are proven facts. And good god, the Demon is definitely mass produced. Now you are stating that you have the definition of mass produced as having to be more than 3300 units?

High end exotics and the Demon or Hellcat or Z06 or ZL1 are worlds apart; they are not mass produced cars, cost hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions more and therefore are NOT considered.

Why not compare a Top Fuel Dragster or Funny Car using your analogy? They are faster/quicker too. Or perhaps a rocket powered dragster? It's faster and quicker, right? That's just as stupid as comparing a COPO or a Cobra Jet to the Demon.

So technically, yes, there are some 'faster' cars than the Demon - but they are not American made on an assembly line, are not even remotely affordable, and therefore are on a different level.

Compare apples to apples.

No twisting at all here other than by people like you who want to criticize what Dodge has done that no other American car manufacture has, including GM.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:50 AM   #236
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
The fail is that the bosses allowed them to do this when their whole car line as a whole is junk. How does upper management allow them to spend even a dime on R&D on this when they have absolute crap sitting on the showroom floor and are not in good shape? For some publicity that in a month will be old news? I mean the 200 and the Dart replacements are where 100% of this money should have went...thank God I sold my stock years ago...
So now we are are judging cars against the backdrop of corporate health and other inventory?

Seriously?

I think you meant the above post for the AARP Smart Money forum or maybe something over at beancounters.com.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:46 AM   #237
1LEMATT
1LE enthusiast

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
You can be wrong if you want to - what you call 'marketing titles' are proven facts. And good god, the Demon is definitely mass produced. Now you are stating that you have the definition of mass produced as having to be more than 3300 units?

High end exotics and the Demon or Hellcat or Z06 or ZL1 are worlds apart; they are not mass produced cars, cost hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions more and therefore are NOT considered.

Why not compare a Top Fuel Dragster or Funny Car using your analogy? They are faster/quicker too. Or perhaps a rocket powered dragster? It's faster and quicker, right? That's just as stupid as comparing a COPO or a Cobra Jet to the Demon.

So technically, yes, there are some 'faster' cars than the Demon - but they are not American made on an assembly line, are not even remotely affordable, and therefore are on a different level.

Compare apples to apples.

No twisting at all here other than by people like you who want to criticize what Dodge has done that no other American car manufacture has, including GM.
Wow, it sure is easy to get your panties in a bunch!
Old 04-13-2017, 12:16 PM   #238
KJZ28

Drives: 2018 Buick Regal TourX
The Demon is awesome. Its American, looks awesome, has a V8, and is one of the coolest one trick Ponies, errr Clydesdale, ever made. It lifts the front tires from the factory! How cool is that!
SOLD: 2010 2SS/RS L99-A6 K&N CAI, Speed Engineering Long Tube Headers, Stainless Works hi-flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back. Tuned by Corvettes of Westchester. 1/LE rear suspension conversion, Bilstein B6 Stuts/shocks.
KJZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote