BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-12-2017, 07:02 AM   #183
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
That road course better be all straights

I love that they had the guts to build this thing as a car guy. I felt the same way about the Z28, knowing it would be low volume.
Yes, I should've clarified that it's the fastest in the quarter mile.
And I completely agree with you about Dodge having the stones to build this.

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
McBeevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:03 AM   #184
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
Chevy has an answer to the Demon.

Quote:
The Exorcist Is Hennessey's 1,000 HP ZL1 Rival To The Challenger Demon

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/04/the...00-hp-zl1.html

Yes, because nothing says "factory" more than a Texas size Snake Oil salesman.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:07 AM   #185
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
I'm still laughing from my post pre new gen camaro. I love dodges philosophy of rather then snub there muscle car down to the size of a Beemer and chop off it's butt without doing much in the horsepower range and brag about your 200 lbs you shaved, they said screw you we will just add horsepower and not sacrifice too much elsewhere. Now they just spit on your new gen camaro again and said we just added more outrageous horsepower and produced untouchable numbers from the Factory!!!! I thinks it's hilarious the gm just stands there and watches this debauchery with no answers other then the usual "ask it to turn" stupid comments, or "It's a fat pig" comments.. and it's pathetic the newest fan boy argument is to rely on a third party after market vendor that had to modify the STOCK camaro with 10s of thousands of dollars to try and answer back?
I say dodge has been throwing fast balls for years now in the hp wars and it competitors in same class have had no answers...that fat pig just ate your lunch AGAIN y2k, that's what I say. Give them there due.. they just upped the anti again and said beat that..
I think it's wonderful...
lol. someone here is a bit salty about the 6th gen being such a better performer than their 5th gen. Its OK buddy. I still like your 5th gen too.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:19 AM   #186
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Nice numbers!

BUT - Dodge markets this car as a drag car, yet if you actually try to take it to a legit drag strip you will get booted after one run do to a lack of a roll cage?

...marketing fail.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:58 AM   #187
McBeevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Nice numbers!

BUT - Dodge markets this car as a drag car, yet if you actually try to take it to a legit drag strip you will get booted after one run do to a lack of a roll cage?

...marketing fail.
We'll see how much of a "fail" it is when all 3300 are sold within the blink of an eye. On top of that, look at the enormous media coverage this car has had.....hardly a fail.

Anyone who is not a stranger to the drag strip, will understand that it's not like this car is going to be literally banned from all drag racing. That said, all it would take, is adding a cage & a few safety items and you're set for NHRA sanctioned events. If a person can afford the car, they can afford to tailor the remaining bits to suit their needs.

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
Old 04-12-2017, 09:34 AM   #188
winterboy8

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Blue Velvet Metallic
This is a badass car, I love how Dodge gave lots of options drivers wanted. The customization of the drive modes is very cool.

As per other comments on drag strips, I thought NHRA banned this car already, so wouldn't that prevent an owner from participating in NHRA sponsored events, even if the car had roll cage installed???
Old 04-12-2017, 09:36 AM   #189
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Nice numbers!

...marketing fail.
While true, there are plenty of IHRA tracks out there that will let it fly.

I think it is awesome that Dodge built this. bravo dodge.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:48 AM   #190
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
It's a hell of a car -- stock... the tech is something for sure! Dodge raised the bar. If you drag race, this one is something else!

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:06 AM   #191
McBeevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterboy8 View Post
This is a badass car, I love how Dodge gave lots of options drivers wanted. The customization of the drive modes is very cool.

As per other comments on drag strips, I thought NHRA banned this car already, so wouldn't that prevent an owner from participating in NHRA sponsored events, even if the car had roll cage installed???
It is only "banned" due to lack of the cage and other select items required to run 9.99 and below. If an owner added these items, it would be then be eligible. Dodge answered the no cage question in one of the media sessions earlier this week. This was what was reported:

I talked to Tim Kuniskis from Dodge about this earlier this week.

Putting a cage in from the factory causes all kinds of legal issues on the corporate end. Then you have the fact that different people want different types of cages... Swing out, etc.

The answer is that if someone is going to build a 9 second car, they're going to need to do the work to get it into the 9s, then they're going to need to add a cage.

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
Old 04-12-2017, 10:30 AM   #192
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Sure, let's build an even faster Challenger while we constantly talk about getting GM to merge with us and we cancel two sedan programs that we invested a ****load of money into, oh and while we're at it, let's continuously delay other future product programs that will probably be more important for our bottom line, and we'll ignore the fact that Fiat's sales are sinking into oblivion, the Chrysler brand now only has TWO (2) cars in its entire lineup, the EPA's about to bring the hammer down on us over our diesels, but who cares because lolzomgHellcat.
Good One!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:40 AM   #193
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
I'm still laughing from my post pre new gen camaro. I love dodges philosophy of rather then snub there muscle car down to the size of a Beemer and chop off it's butt without doing much in the horsepower range and brag about your 200 lbs you shaved, they said screw you we will just add horsepower and not sacrifice too much elsewhere. Now they just spit on your new gen camaro again and said we just added more outrageous horsepower and produced untouchable numbers from the Factory!!!! I thinks it's hilarious the gm just stands there and watches this debauchery with no answers other then the usual "ask it to turn" stupid comments, or "It's a fat pig" comments.. and it's pathetic the newest fan boy argument is to rely on a third party after market vendor that had to modify the STOCK camaro with 10s of thousands of dollars to try and answer back?
I say dodge has been throwing fast balls for years now in the hp wars and it competitors in same class have had no answers...that fat pig just ate your lunch AGAIN y2k, that's what I say. Give them there due.. they just upped the anti again and said beat that..
I think it's wonderful...
What do you mean, "and it's pathetic the newest fan boy argument is to rely on a third party after market vendor that had to modify the STOCK camaro with 10s of thousands of dollars to try and answer back?"?

Who cares, unless you actually want to compete with it. Even if you did, you could build one for less yourself.

There are those that like to go straight fast... and there are those of us that live for this...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:13 PM   #194
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
IMHO, FCA should've simply made a swing-out cage standard. It would've appeased the majority of people buying this car and also permitted them to actually use it on a track.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:34 PM   #195

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
IMHO, FCA should've simply made a swing-out cage standard. It would've appeased the majority of people buying this car and also permitted them to actually use it on a track.
No cage is a perfect solution and excuse for the Demon's target audience....The bad boy's badge of honor for being banned from legal drag events would have to be given up with a cage....No choice but to be a smoke-show only You-tube hero on the streets...Street creds as a gangsta-rap, thug-life toady that never sees a track are the real goals of this Demon.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:43 PM   #196
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
It's a cool car, motorheads win again!! I love living during the days HP was on its way out and now. My 54 years on this round thing have been fun!