#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-15-2016, 09:31 AM   #29
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Kinda like many of the people here that will inevitably buy one because it looks cool and it will never see a track?

I mean, it's their car and all... But.. I see those as the same over all issue with a car like that.

>set flamesuit = $True
#truth
Old 07-15-2016, 09:56 AM   #30
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestil View Post
If I get the 1LE it will be a DD 99% of the time, as I assume most of 1LE cars purchased will be. I will choose it with the knowledge of those extra capabilities and the cool factor where I know I have the eLSD out of the Corvette and 305 rears.

It's not like it's necessary to have those things, nor is it necessary to have the 1SS or 2SS either actually. Everything about these cars are an excess of what is 'necessary' but I might be willing to pay a bit more for the cool factor and special factor that the 1LE will give.
Enjoying life is about excess, right? If you can afford it and like it, buy it. Mine will probably never see a track, either, but if I choose to go that route I'm ready.

Technically, any car that goes over 75 is excess if it is a street car.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 10:12 AM   #31
Thor142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam 6 View Post
Enjoying life is about excess, right? If you can afford it and like it, buy it. Mine will probably never see a track, either, but if I choose to go that route I'm ready.

Technically, any car that goes over 75 is excess if it is a street car.
Oh absolutely I agree. If you want it and you can afford it buy it. I think it's a shame that some people will never know what this car can do and are missing the point of it's existence but YOLO. You want it, get it.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:17 AM   #32
Cam 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
Oh absolutely I agree. If you want it and you can afford it buy it. I think it's a shame that some people will never know what this car can do and are missing the point of it's existence but YOLO. You want it, get it.
Maybe 'stretching the legs' on the 1LE a little will actually entice some owners to track it. I'm hoping that's the case with me. We'll see...
Old 07-15-2016, 10:25 AM   #33
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
Quote:
#truth
It's true, mine probably won't see a track. I still want one and not just for it's looks
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 10:35 AM   #34
Thor142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam 6 View Post
Maybe 'stretching the legs' on the 1LE a little will actually entice some owners to track it. I'm hoping that's the case with me. We'll see...
Take it to a track. Please. I swear I thought I was wringing all kinds of crazy performance out of my 1LE on back roads till I took it to the track. You really have no Idea. I was so wrong, and I HATE admitting I'm wrong.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:58 AM   #35
Buzzberd6

Drives: 2LT/1LE, HPCRX, F250(tow vehicle)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Kinda like many of the people here that will inevitably buy one because it looks cool and it will never see a track?

I mean, it's their car and all... But.. I see those as the same over all issue with a car like that.

>set flamesuit = $True
That wouldn't surprise me from several comments that I've read here, not necessarily in this thread but about the 1LE in general.

While I don't actually own a Camaro at the moment I have every intention of buying a 1LE within the the year. I plan on using it as my daily driver but I also intend to put it on each of the four tracks that are within 4 hours of me at some point. It's not like I haven't already been on them.

Already told the wife, this is going to be the last car I buy! Not sure she's buying into that though.
Buzzberd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:03 AM   #36
Cam 6

Quote:
Take it to a track. Please. I swear I thought I was wringing all kinds of crazy performance out of my 1LE on back roads till I took it to the track. You really have no Idea. I was so wrong, and I HATE admitting I'm wrong.
It's cool. Your admitting you were wrong can have a positive impact on others. That's how I approach all of my mistakes.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:16 AM   #37
BigEnos
Planning stages...

Drives: 1995 Z28,2014 Ford Focus ST
Quote:
This is all extremely true and noteworthy for those who have never tracked a car. The other side of the coin is that one should never, ever drive a car on the street like you do on a track. To do so puts you and everyone else in a whole lot of danger.

One reason I really want a 1LE is so that I can get back to doing 2 or 3 track days a year in addition to all the autocrossing I do. And, yes, it'll be my daily for at least a little while, though the wife and I carpool to work regularly.
BigEnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:22 AM   #38
Thor142

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEnos View Post
This is all extremely true and noteworthy for those who have never tracked a car. The other side of the coin is that one should never, ever drive a car on the street like you do on a track. To do so puts you and everyone else in a whole lot of danger.

One reason I really want a 1LE is so that I can get back to doing 2 or 3 track days a year in addition to all the autocrossing I do. And, yes, it'll be my daily for at least a little while, though the wife and I carpool to work regularly.
Well yeah...since driving a proper line would mean crossing into oncoming traffic routinely
Old 07-15-2016, 12:26 PM   #39
BigEnos
Planning stages...

Drives: 1995 Z28,2014 Ford Focus ST
Quote:
Well yeah...since driving a proper line would mean crossing into oncoming traffic routinely
I see asshats do it, though.
BigEnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:29 PM   #40
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Why do people have to Track it.
I would buy for the improved handling, the great wheels and the seats.
The seats alone will sell the car

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:44 PM   #41
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I would love to see the first reviews against a GT350 and an R. I doubt the 1LE will come close to the R but I bet it gives the base GT350 a run for its money.
I think you will be surprised. The SS gives the gt350 a run for its money already.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:57 PM   #42
Thor142

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Why do people have to Track it.
I would buy for the improved handling, the great wheels and the seats.
The seats alone will sell the car
Improved over what? That's what we're saying. Most people don't even know the capabilities of their gen 6 ss. What exactly are you improving on? Do you need bigger brakes to handle the heat? The ESLD to put power down better on corner exit? More rubber to eliminate some understeer and give you better lateral grip? Oh wait. No you don't cause you're not tracking it.

But hey if you want to buy it cause it looks cool and you like the seats that is a perfectly valid reason. It's just kinda like dating super hot chick and not banging her.