Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-15-2023, 04:43 PM   #1
Nate76

Drives: 2022 2SS Convertible
Borla ceramic black tips? Nice?

Can anyone who has installed the Borla 11924cb cat back exhaust comment on the ceramic black? Does it scratch easy, does it look as good in person? Does it have any Borla branding on it? Anything you can add. Also, if anyone can comment on the sound of the gurgles and pops during deceleration with this exhaust. I have the npp on a manual and I can say I’m not a big fan. Sound too raspy and not very deep.
Nate76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 05:37 PM   #2
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
This is the best black, and it sounds perfect
Attached Images

CalgaryZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 05:46 AM   #3
Nate76

Drives: 2022 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
This is the best black, and it sounds perfect
Thanks for your comment. Those look awesome! I like the “Borla” written on top. Wondering if the CB version would have any badging. I’ve seen a fair amount of the carbon fiber tips. I’m wondering if anyone has the ceramic black version that can share.
Nate76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 01:20 PM   #4
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate76 View Post
Can anyone who has installed the Borla 11924cb cat back exhaust comment on the ceramic black? Does it scratch easy, does it look as good in person? Does it have any Borla branding on it? Anything you can add. Also, if anyone can comment on the sound of the gurgles and pops during deceleration with this exhaust. I have the npp on a manual and I can say I’m not a big fan. Sound too raspy and not very deep.
A louder exhaust isn't going to make you like it, if it's already a thing you don't like, this will only make more of a thing that bothers you.
I looked at that part number and I've not seen those tips before, I've not heard ceramic and exhaust tips before and honestly it looks powder coated. Which if that's the case it WILL fade/scratch/peel, over time. It is listed a high temp ceramic, OVER 304 Stainless. I don't recommend tips that are powder coated or chrome plated, coated or painted, I only see what really stays good over time which is polished stainless, polished aluminum, etc etc
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
11924cb, borla, ceramic black