Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-30-2023, 09:31 AM   #43
SamSmoothCastel

Drives: 67 Orange Mustang Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbcamaro6 View Post
What’s going on Camaro6, out of a Rapid Blue Lt1 and a shadow grey metallic 1ss
Which one do you think will maintain it’s value in the longer run? The main feature on the Lt1 is Npp and the main features on the 1ss is a sunroof and Npp
LT1 is beyond basic. The SS will hold more value to the collector but then again its still a base model. If it was a loaded 2SS then we're talking
SamSmoothCastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 11:36 AM   #44
NovaSS4spdFan

Drives: 2024 2SS vert w/M6 & Dual Mode. Red
2SS Convertible with 6 speed ,dual mode exhaust and red Brembo brakes. Draped In "Re-sale" Red Hot with black leather /red inserts(adrenaline red package).
When the top goes down, the price goes up.
NovaSS4spdFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 11:50 AM   #45
nprario

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1925 View Post
Got that right!!!! Mine's sitting in the garage doing exactly what you described right now. I fill her at half a tank just to avoid the "sticker shock" of a full tank.
Now thats funny, I do the same thing.
nprario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 02:25 PM   #46
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSmoothCastel View Post
LT1 is beyond basic. The SS will hold more value to the collector but then again its still a base model. If it was a loaded 2SS then we're talking
Nothing wrong with being basic, if you have the basics right. This car does.
Old 09-30-2023, 04:28 PM   #47
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6cyl View Post
Nothing wrong with being basic, if you have the basics right. This car does.
X2. That’s why some very basic cars are always strong sellers at collector car auctions. Example: The first Road Runners, which were a high-horsepower engine in a stripped body with no amenities - just a bench seat, 4-speed, no console, no AC and an AM radio (or radio delete). The character of that car was strong - and there’s no mistaking what it feels like to drive a Road Runner compared to anything else.

A stripper Gen6 LT1 doesn’t have that cache yet, but it may in 20-25 years - which has been the normal cycle for muscle cars to bring big money at auction. A 10-year-old basic muscle car is just a used car, but an original one kept in great shape likely will bring a solid return another 10 years into the future. Unfortunately, most of us are too interested in the luxuries and tech in the newest and latest cars to reach that point. How many times have you said, “ I wish I’d kept that car.”
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 05:09 PM   #48

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
X2. That’s why some very basic cars are always strong sellers at collector car auctions. Example: The first Road Runners, which were a high-horsepower engine in a stripped body with no amenities - just a bench seat, 4-speed, no console, no AC and an AM radio (or radio delete). The character of that car was strong - and there’s no mistaking what it feels like to drive a Road Runner compared to anything else.

A stripper Gen6 LT1 doesn’t have that cache yet, but it may in 20-25 years - which has been the normal cycle for muscle cars to bring big money at auction. A 10-year-old basic muscle car is just a used car, but an original one kept in great shape likely will bring a solid return another 10 years into the future. Unfortunately, most of us are too interested in the luxuries and tech in the newest and latest cars to reach that point. How many times have you said, “ I wish I’d kept that car.”
For being "basic" I'd say a 5thGen Z/28 was the closest thing to a "stripper" or a Road Runner type build.

A 6th Gen LT1, not so much. The LT1 is closer to the V-6 models but with a V-8 dropped in as a great way to save some money and still get the V-8. Camaro and GM never really approved of any "stripper" versions though. After the Z/28, they didn't want to try it again. Just sayin'.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 05:28 PM   #49
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
For being "basic" I'd say a 5thGen Z/28 was the closest thing to a "stripper" or a Road Runner type build.

A 6th Gen LT1, not so much. The LT1 is closer to the V-6 models but with a V-8 dropped in as a great way to save some money and still get the V-8. Camaro and GM never really approved of any "stripper" versions though. After the Z/28, they didn't want to try it again. Just sayin'.
LT1 is similar to the 4th gen f-body Formula model in my mind. V8 in V6 body. Of that gen, I'd still say the Trans Am is more desirable, particularly TA WS6, but Formula WS6 might hold more value due to rarity. It'll be interesting to see if something similar happens with the LT1 given the limited model years it was offered and I suspect much less of them out there in the wild compared to SS.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 06:31 PM   #50
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
LT1 is similar to the 4th gen f-body Formula model in my mind. V8 in V6 body. Of that gen, I'd still say the Trans Am is more desirable, particularly TA WS6, but Formula WS6 might hold more value due to rarity. It'll be interesting to see if something similar happens with the LT1 given the limited model years it was offered and I suspect much less of them out there in the wild compared to SS.
Actually you can go back to the 2nd gen Formula, same optic. I had a 79 W66/WS6 triple black non D88. It was the value based FBody in stealth mode and categorically not an SE TA for several thousand more. They made less than 350 of them at both plants, and now if you can find one they are 50k + for a proper one(or what a nice WS6 TA goes for) That car was why i ordered a 23 LT1 M6 with Recaro's, tech package,RS,NPP in VOM. I certainly didn't do it for future valuation, but because in ten years noone will know what it is and not so many will have one, at least in that spec.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 07:00 PM   #51
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6cyl View Post
Any with a manual tranny.
This one, this one speaks the truth!

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 08:40 PM   #52
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Those that nobody ever used... at which point one has to ask the question of why. These are mass manufactured cars, they are depreciating assets and most of their value is derived from enjoying their capabilities to their fullest. If you want high return on investment, don't buy a Camaro or any car for that matter. Yes, there are exceptions, some rare specimens will sell for a lot, but it's a crapshoot.
I can see why someone would buy and not ever drive it, it's why people buy Lego sets, art, and models of everything. Just to have, look at, and say "I have that".

I drove mine though. Not a lot, not as muchbas I want to, but I drive them.

40 years from now people will be losing their mind over some barn find V6 1LE Camaro that will be illegal to drive
Old 09-30-2023, 11:57 PM   #53
MyNameIs
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS
Super Sport will always bring more money as time passes. Always has.

Last edited by MyNameIs; 09-30-2023 at 11:58 PM. Reason: tt
MyNameIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 12:00 AM   #54
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
40 years from now people will be losing their mind over some barn find V6 1LE Camaro that will be illegal to drive[/QUOTE]

And because it's a v6 1le no one will know how to drive it.
Old 10-03-2023, 10:52 AM   #55
Saberscar223

Drives: 2023 Riverside Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmelter View Post
My guess would be any unmodified 1LE's. ZL1 1LE's first followed by 2SS 1LE's. It's turned into an iconic package for budget sports car enthusiasts and most of us will modify them. Unmodified cars almost always hold their value better then ones that are not stock. OEM parts from GM aside.
Why would a 1SS 1le be worth more than a 2ss 1le in any world?
Saberscar223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 11:20 AM   #56
dfwcowboy

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6, 1969 Cessna Skylane
FWIW I paid $32K for my 2LT M6 back in 2018. When it was totaled last year the insurance paid $29K. So at least from my limited experience it appears they were holding value quite well and I can only imagine values will go up significantly after the end of production. There's a good chance everyone who owns a 6th gen will get more than they paid on resale if not the earlier gens as well.
dfwcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote