#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 09-17-2018, 05:18 PM   #197
TxJacket

Drives: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
2. Can't get a helmet through the window opening.

6. Seats that aren't more track focused.
+1 on both of these

Also, the stupid headrest forces your head into an unnatural forward neck angle with a helmet on.
TxJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:35 AM   #198
dantemcc

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
For me, the personality of the car when not on track.
dantemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:23 PM   #199
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
It is most definitely a big difference. I took it on a 200 mile drive today to visit family and there were lots of windy roads. You can drive this car hugging turns with one hand. The rear-end is very buttoned down now, it just stays put/still, and you can feel what is going on back there now.
Just read through the thread.
What was so difficult with removing the stock bushings? A simple / manual press machine should be all that is necessary. Should take minutes to pop them out and press the new ones in.
How did your shop go about this job that it took them 10 hours?
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 09:02 PM   #200
desertmonkey

Drives: '17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxJacket View Post
Also, the stupid headrest forces your head into an unnatural forward neck angle with a helmet on.
And I thought it was just me because of my motorcycle helmet (they tend to have less rounded backs)!
It would've been nice to be able to tilt the headrest back to not interfere with the helmet
desertmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:07 PM   #201
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldi Z View Post
Just read through the thread.
What was so difficult with removing the stock bushings? A simple / manual press machine should be all that is necessary. Should take minutes to pop them out and press the new ones in.
How did your shop go about this job that it took them 10 hours?
Some bushings are very difficult to press out, I've needed very large presses and have bent thick steel plates changing bushings. 10 hours does seem like a lot though.

On topic, the car needs to be a little more practical imo...

- visibility

- trunk opening

- rear seat access

- interior storage

- lack of cross traffic alert and blind spot monitors in a $45+k car?

- maybe just my lack of experience as my car has ~300 miles on it, but it's hard to place the front end of the car when pulling into parking spaces.

Also, 1SS interior is needlessly stripped down just to make 2SS seem like a good idea. Plastic knee pads and door panels, etc.

The Recaros have the parts to heat/cool but we can't get the controllers? WTF?

Sometimes the throttle seems weird, especially starting out in 1st gear.

The seatbelt flutters at higher speeds with the windows down.

HUD turns green with my polarized Oakleys.

10 Quarts of $10/qt oil needed for oil change. 10!

Seems like the car should come w/o AFM valvetrain and w/ a catch can system.

I have to wait HOW MANY miles before going over 4k rpm?!?!

Ok, that's all I have for now... I do love the car so far, it is awesome. My list of what I like would be MUCH longer.

Last edited by DaveC113; 09-18-2018 at 10:20 PM.
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:38 AM   #202
KCelsius

Drives: 2018 Summit White 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Some bushings are very difficult to press out, I've needed very large presses and have bent thick steel plates changing bushings. 10 hours does seem like a lot though.

On topic, the car needs to be a little more practical imo...

- visibility

- trunk opening

- rear seat access

- interior storage

- lack of cross traffic alert and blind spot monitors in a $45+k car?

- maybe just my lack of experience as my car has ~300 miles on it, but it's hard to place the front end of the car when pulling into parking spaces.

Also, 1SS interior is needlessly stripped down just to make 2SS seem like a good idea. Plastic knee pads and door panels, etc.

The Recaros have the parts to heat/cool but we can't get the controllers? WTF?

Sometimes the throttle seems weird, especially starting out in 1st gear.

The seatbelt flutters at higher speeds with the windows down.

HUD turns green with my polarized Oakleys.

10 Quarts of $10/qt oil needed for oil change. 10!

Seems like the car should come w/o AFM valvetrain and w/ a catch can system.

I have to wait HOW MANY miles before going over 4k rpm?!?!

Ok, that's all I have for now... I do love the car so far, it is awesome. My list of what I like would be MUCH longer.
A lot of people I know just say the long hood just takes some getting used to. I'm still getting anxious when going near curbs in parking lots since I can't quite make out the curb as I turn lol.

Throttle in touring mode is a bit twitchy in 1st, I tried sport and it seems better for sure. Although since this is the suspension mode that seems to dictate throttle, there's some pretty rough roads in Michigan so I tend to ride around in touring when i DD.

Lol once I got my 500mi oil change and got up to about 600-700mi, I've gone past 4k. I don't beat the piss out of it, I just drive it like I'd like. Still no WOTs from a standstill but have done a couple in 2nd or 3rd on on-ramps.
KCelsius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:51 AM   #203
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCelsius View Post
A lot of people I know just say the long hood just takes some getting used to. I'm still getting anxious when going near curbs in parking lots since I can't quite make out the curb as I turn lol.

Throttle in touring mode is a bit twitchy in 1st, I tried sport and it seems better for sure. Although since this is the suspension mode that seems to dictate throttle, there's some pretty rough roads in Michigan so I tend to ride around in touring when i DD.

Lol once I got my 500mi oil change and got up to about 600-700mi, I've gone past 4k. I don't beat the piss out of it, I just drive it like I'd like. Still no WOTs from a standstill but have done a couple in 2nd or 3rd on on-ramps.

You can decouple the suspension to the mode selector. So you can set it in sport mode with the mode selector for the throttle response while setting the steering, suspension, and exhaust to tour, track, or stealth( for the exhaust) individually in the settings menu.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 11:38 AM   #204
KCelsius

Drives: 2018 Summit White 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post
You can decouple the suspension to the mode selector. So you can set it in sport mode with the mode selector for the throttle response while setting the steering, suspension, and exhaust to tour, track, or stealth( for the exhaust) individually in the settings menu.
Ah gotcha, didn't realize throttle was tied to the PDM button. So you're saying if I manually set steering, suspension, and exhaust manually in the settings menu, then I change PDM to tour/sport/track, that will then be changing throttle only, correct?
KCelsius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 11:45 AM   #205
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCelsius View Post
Ah gotcha, didn't realize throttle was tied to the PDM button. So you're saying if I manually set steering, suspension, and exhaust manually in the settings menu, then I change PDM to tour/sport/track, that will then be changing throttle only, correct?
Also keep in mind that the various e-diff settings are tied to the modes and PTM modes as well.

I find that what mode I use is dictated by the kind of driving I plan on doing and how I want the e-diff to respond.

For all out performance driving , the PTM modes give you the most aggressive e-diff settings (even though, I am not a fan of the track mode throttle mapping). Comp. mode within Sport mode is good for daily driving and I much prefer the throttle mapping of Sport, but the way the wording sounds in the manual, the e-diff works differently and less aggressively that the PTM settings.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:20 PM   #206
flaps100

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0 RS
All the hard plastic inside. it cant cost that much more to make the interior around the console and door panels a little nicer with some soft touch materials.

Mustang had a much nicer feeling interior.
flaps100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:28 PM   #207
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaps100 View Post
All the hard plastic inside. it cant cost that much more to make the interior around the console and door panels a little nicer with some soft touch materials.

Mustang had a much nicer feeling interior.
I am not sure I agree with the Mustang analogy. The Mustang interior looks SOO much cheaper that the Camaro does.

I do agree that we could use even nicer materials, but compared to a Mustang (even the GT350), we are way ahead.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:32 PM   #208
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxJacket View Post
+1 on both of these

I haven't had access to my car in almost 8 months, but can't we remove the headrest and flip it around? I thought I had remembered doing that.... It's been too long........
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote