Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-27-2018, 12:22 AM   #85
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
They were not terrible for the time. I owned several of them and they were better and faster than the competition. That didn't equate to enough sales though.
True, most cars were terrible in the 80s and 90s.

Everyone is kidding themselves if they think the camaro and any other car, especially those with V8s will survive another 10 years. Trucks and SUVs are outselling cars 5 to one.
Old 09-27-2018, 04:48 AM   #86
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
:-/ I dont think most people want it to fail, I just think they are exercising their right to freedom of speech and saying its ugly. Well, to a bunch of folks, it is ugly.
Nobody wants it to fail. On the contrary.

We, the “ugly people” want GM to notice that the design of the car is a fail by being vocal on the internet and on sales. Simply we want to tell GM to go back to the drawing board so that the next gen / refresh will not be a fail.

How else can you show them that we want another design? We are not frustrated [“owners of the previous gen”], we want GM to know that they have to change the design.

Because we love Camaro, we just want it back the way it was: mean and sexy
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 05:05 AM   #87
Quinten_33

Drives: Silverado
If the next gen is coming as a 2022 model, the design of it is finalized already
Quinten_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:28 AM   #88
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
:-/ I dont think most people want it to fail, I just think they are exercising their right to freedom of speech and saying its ugly. Well, to a bunch of folks, it is ugly.

Maybe people who get all worked up over differing opinions on the internet should get some comfort animals or playdough to help get through it
Maybe you should start a 16-18 vs 19 thread so you can debate it endlessly with pictures of Chargers and Honda’s.

It’s gotten real old having the same group hurl the same insults every time someone posts a picture of a 19. This is a Camaro enthusiast site. New owners love their cars. It’s time for you to move on...or move your dislike to a haters thread.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 09:33 PM   #89
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Maybe you should start a 16-18 vs 19 thread so you can debate it endlessly with pictures of Chargers and Honda’s.

It’s gotten real old having the same group hurl the same insults every time someone posts a picture of a 19. This is a Camaro enthusiast site. New owners love their cars. It’s time for you to move on...or move your dislike to a haters thread.
Ok, enough with over exaggerated outrage. No need for personal attacks. This is a free country and I assume a free forum. I'll go where I please. No need to get all upset if people have differing opinions than you. What's next? How about banning everyone who has an opinion you dont like. Hmmmm

Actually, I've posted several posts in these '19 threads where I said "to each their own, some will love it and some will hate it." That is true and I'm sorry if you think that people stating their personal opinions that differ from your opinion offends you. Maybe you would be happier in an echo chamber safe space where everyone only shares your opinion. The 2019 is a polarizing design which has been noted by numerous automotive journalists. So, get used to it.

My guess is that not everyone likes the Hotwheels (myself included) or the 1LE. That's life and I certainly could care less.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:39 PM   #90
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
They were not terrible for the time. I owned several of them and they were better and faster than the competition.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:15 AM   #91
Sheriff37
Do it for Dale

Drives: '16 NFGray V6 M6
If money was no object...

When the refresh came out I wasn't sure about it. However after being able to configure it, the new design has definitely grown on me
Attached Images

Sheriff37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 12:38 PM   #92
Turkish01

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff37 View Post
When the refresh came out I wasn't sure about it. However after being able to configure it, the new design has definitely grown on me
Agreed
Turkish01 is offline   Reply With Quote