Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-07-2020, 08:09 PM   #1
Inamo

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
TruFiber experience

So I have been looking to dress up my ZL1's interior with some CF. I have search and scoured the internet to all ends. I decided to go with Trufiber as they had multiple pieces I wanted, despite I think them being a little expensive. I ended up waiting until they had everything I wanted before ordering. What I got and my thoughts...

LG384 Carbon Fiber Dash - Just like the GM option, a direct replacement part. Looks awesome and half the price of GM. Only thing I wish, is they would include the clips with the trim. It was the most time consuming thing as I tried to remove them from the stock piece without destroying them.

LG366 Start/Stop Button Cover (around not button) - It looks great and really goes well with the stick-on type red button cover. I made the recommendation to the person I spoke with on the phone(more on that in a minute) that they should have it go further up the dash so it looks like to surrounds the radio/screen.

LG362 Radio Bezel Cover - This really completes the look (imo) when combined with the other two pieces, especially when I test fit it, which seemed to fit well, or so I thought. Issue I had was that is was out of spec. The trim was to tall and would not attach at the top, or if the top was attached first it would partially cover the buttons. Also, the sides were not curled enough and would stick out, even the tape couldn't hold them flush. Was frustrating, but hey, things happen.

I emailed them and told them the issue. I got a response that they needed pictures of a 360 degrees of the piece. Makes since, they would want to see what I was talking about, but told them I wasn't sure what they meant by 360, but I attached pictures of the fitment issues. I showed them what happened if I started at the bottom, and how the top had a 1/8-1/4" gap. Also, attached pictures showing it I attached the top first how the buttons were covered. I also had a feeling these were going to sell out fast, and considering how long I watched the website to see them finally come back in stock, I kept asking to get another shipped, or start the process so I wouldn't miss out. So they replied that it didn't meet the requirements of 6+ pictures of 360 full view. So I sent them more pictures and ended up getting frustrated further and called them. I ended up getting transferred to their R&D department who required the pictures. As I was on the phone with him I kept emailing more and more pictures until we finally met the requirement. Fast forward to me finally getting the ok to return it, they are sold out again. The real kicker is that I really want....NEED this trim now. The 3M tape worked so good, and combined with how many times I had to keep reinstalling it for their pictures it ruined my car trim by ripping the top layer off along the top. Needless to say I'm aggravated with my trim getting damaged, the part not fitting, and them being out of stock now until Jul/Aug, but I understand things happen when they are made by hand and I'm good with that. Really frustrating to see that can't keep up with the demand and more items are out of stock than in, and I have to drive around with an eye sore on such a sexy car.
Inamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:03 PM   #2
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
What a mess! Hopefully when your replacement parts arrive they fit properly.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 04:36 PM   #3
Inamo

That is the problem, they are sold out and don't expect more until July/Aug. I'm awaiting the return label, and now they want pictures of the box I'm sending the item back in. I had 3 more items I wanted to order from them when I got more money, but with all the hassle with needing pictures for a return box, I'm starting to think to just search elsewhere.

It would be more of a hassle, but cheaper to buy an old radio/screen off ebay and make my own mold to make my own carbon fiber trim.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:53 PM   #4
Trochoidal

Anderson Composites and businesses like them should make these parts. No need to wait for shipping containers to arrive and better QC.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Old 05-08-2020, 05:42 PM   #5
Inamo

Appreciate it. I'll look into them.
Old 05-08-2020, 05:57 PM   #6
Trochoidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inamo View Post
Appreciate it. I'll look into them.
I wrote that wrong

I should have wrote I wished that Anderson Composites made those types of parts. They make larger items so to make smaller carbon fiber interior parts should be in their wheelhouse. One thing is there has to be a market versus the time and expense to make the molds.

Old 05-09-2020, 06:11 PM   #7
Inamo

No issues lol. I looked at their page and they do have some nice things, but more than I'm wanting to get into just yet. Also, yes it would be nice if others would make interior parts as well.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:31 AM   #8
Inamo

To wrap this up. When I kept trying to get a replacement, they told me none was in stock, yet their website showed them. Guess they didn't want to deal with me anymore. In the end,I finally did get my money refunded, but wasn't until I followed up to show they received the part the week prior. They have some nice things, and more I wanted to order, but after this, I will take my business elsewhere.