Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Southeast

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-20-2016, 09:46 PM   #1
Yellow6thGen
18 ZL1 A10 Convertible

Drives: White ZL1 Convertible
Installed my new tail lights today.....

had some fun on my Mod Sunday project....

It turned out pretty easy! Actually easier than my 5th gen....

Before and after....
Attached Images

Yellow6thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:49 PM   #2
Captain Obvious
^Name^ | Things I Say -->

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible, Hyper Blue
Nice! Love the smoked tails.
Captain Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 06:44 AM   #3
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
What's the best deal going on those lately?
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 06:53 AM   #4
1LE801
"Lohla"

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 :"Lohla"
Looks excellent
Old 11-21-2016, 09:42 AM   #5
gosutag
Left Lane Enforcer

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE.
Where'd you get it? For how much? How did you remove the previous taillights and how did you install these? Much appreciated.
1994 Evo II

Previous Cars:
2017 Camaro SS
2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ
gosutag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 03:09 PM   #6
Dysan911

Guess it's a secret.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Old 11-23-2016, 02:42 PM   #7
PWPhoto

Drives: ‘21 2SS 1LE
I got mine from www.ShopChevyParts.com. $412 for the set. I haven't taken pics of them in yet, but they look great on the Fifty.
PWPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 06:31 PM   #8
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Looks good. You forgot to remove the dealer sticker.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:31 PM   #9
Dysan911

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWPhoto View Post
I got mine from www.ShopChevyParts.com. $412 for the set. I haven't taken pics of them in yet, but they look great on the Fifty.
I agree. They should have been OEM from the start on the fifty..

Old 11-23-2016, 08:22 PM   #10
Yellow6thGen
18 ZL1 A10 Convertible

Well the install was easier than the 5thgens for sure....They were right at 415ish. The install instructions were strait forward.... To make it easy get the plastic remover tool for the pop up plastic pieces 3 per side.... then there are the pieces in the trunk that come out easy with snap fittings for the carpet in the convertible. Remove the carpet and the covers on the sides have the push plastic pins that are groves that hold the side pieces in... these are a little tougher to remove but only 2 to take out. Once the plastic is removed the lights are exposed to get hands behind and removed the 3 nuts off the rear of lights 2 on the close inside of the light and 1 one the outside of the light. A ratchet 1/4 inch to get the nuts broke of the tourque is all you need. Remove 3 nuts and push and pull the light out then unplug the connector, by pushing on red tab to release the lock then pull apart...Reverse install plug in the new light, install in the reverse same holes you can't mess it up....after both are plugged in and not tighted with the nuts check the lights to ensure they work, (in case you have something wrong) lights check, then install the 3 nuts on each side, then plastic sides go back, then the carpet, then in my case the convertible the divider for the trunk is installed, then the plastic top pieces with the 3 push pin plastic pieces per light... Done deal, all in all it took less than 1.5hrs and I was a little afraid to tear into the trunk with only having 300 miles on the car, lol...If you all want I can try and find a video or make one if enough interest...
Old 11-25-2016, 01:14 AM   #11
PWPhoto

Drives: ‘21 2SS 1LE
BTW, the nuts on the 3 little nuts holding the tail lights in place are 10mm. My next thing is to paint one of the 2 sets of gold/chrome bowties I obtained form my dealership I bought mine from with the same paint used on the brake calipers. The paint wasn't cheap, but less than I thought it would be; $48 including sales tax for 1/2 pint. It is mixed for spraying 1:1 so it will actually make a full pint. I got the best grade PPG using the paint code for the calipers (408Y - "U Tempted Orange" for anyone interested. I did verify the match using the GM paint chip catalogue and holding the chip against the calipers before I had it mixed. I also checked to see how close it was to the orange strips. Not dead match, but is close. The paint is a little darker but will blend well.) Then I will have the rear mask replaced (it was damaged by the dealership when they changed the factory gold bowties to the black one ordered with the car. They sent me the replacement already.) One I have them painted, I will handle replacing the mask and changing out my bow ties all at one time. I also plan to either paint or have decals cut to fill in the SS emblems as well. I will leave the front one where it is. The one on thew back I am going to move and put it on the edge of the truck right under passenger side block for the spoiler. This is an old factory location for the SS emblems back in the day. Once I get all this done, i will take pics of it and post. Hopefully it won't take me too long to handle it, but I do have a hectic work schedule coming up through the end of the year. We will see.
PWPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 05:04 PM   #12
Naturday13

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow6thGen View Post
Well the install was easier than the 5thgens for sure....They were right at 415ish. The install instructions were strait forward.... To make it easy get the plastic remover tool for the pop up plastic pieces 3 per side.... then there are the pieces in the trunk that come out easy with snap fittings for the carpet in the convertible. Remove the carpet and the covers on the sides have the push plastic pins that are groves that hold the side pieces in... these are a little tougher to remove but only 2 to take out. Once the plastic is removed the lights are exposed to get hands behind and removed the 3 nuts off the rear of lights 2 on the close inside of the light and 1 one the outside of the light. A ratchet 1/4 inch to get the nuts broke of the tourque is all you need. Remove 3 nuts and push and pull the light out then unplug the connector, by pushing on red tab to release the lock then pull apart...Reverse install plug in the new light, install in the reverse same holes you can't mess it up....after both are plugged in and not tighted with the nuts check the lights to ensure they work, (in case you have something wrong) lights check, then install the 3 nuts on each side, then plastic sides go back, then the carpet, then in my case the convertible the divider for the trunk is installed, then the plastic top pieces with the 3 push pin plastic pieces per light... Done deal, all in all it took less than 1.5hrs and I was a little afraid to tear into the trunk with only having 300 miles on the car, lol...If you all want I can try and find a video or make one if enough interest...
Ordered these for my ZL1. Would love to see a how to video.

They look great!
Old 02-03-2017, 09:26 PM   #13
Yellow6thGen
18 ZL1 A10 Convertible

I will find one and post it up....

2018 ZL1 Convertible A10 @ Kooks R&D.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:47 PM   #14
BurnOne

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturday13 View Post
Ordered these for my ZL1. Would love to see a how to video.

They look great!
BurnOne is offline   Reply With Quote