Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-04-2016, 12:48 AM   #1
Razzaa

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Diablosport tuners?

I am new to the Camaro scene and was wondering if anyone had any experience with using the Diablosport tuners? I used it with my ram and liked it a lot. I was able to log all the data after adding bolt ons and send them via email to someone who was writing custom tunes. If you have experience using their canned tunes on the SS, your thoughts would be appreciated. Also, is there currently any custom tuners using their software in the Camaro scene? Thanks.

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...uner-i2030.htm
Razzaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 09:29 AM   #2
Ponyeatr16ss
retired badass

Drives: 2016 2SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Ponyeatr16ss Send a message via Yahoo to Ponyeatr16ss
Get a professional tune, the only vehicle a handheld or in vehicle tuner is worth, is in a diesel.
Ponyeatr16ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 09:37 AM   #3
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Kracka uses diablo based tune but has his tuner do a custom tune on his C7 which is the same way I will be going. Canned/OTS tunes are always crap really, can't beat a real pro/custom tune.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:21 AM   #4
Razzaa

Apparently Diablosport hasn't released anything for the 16's yet.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:05 PM   #5
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzaa View Post
Apparently Diablosport hasn't released anything for the 16's yet.
Not yet.
I run one (canned tune) in my 3.6 Colorado truck and it works well. Also ran it in my C7, mostly for the trans tune feature. Worth the $300 for sure if you just want to do minor tweeks..
Old 07-05-2016, 05:18 AM   #6
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
I had a Diablo for my 04 GTO A4. I think it may have slowed it down. The best times I ran at the track were stock in that car.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:00 AM   #7
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyeatr16ss View Post
Get a professional tune, the only vehicle a handheld or in vehicle tuner is worth, is in a diesel.
Hello, I am sorry you have been mislead.

I provide professional custom tunes via email using SCT, Diablo, and HPtuners as well as EFIlive tuning software in that order of preference.

There is no real magic in tuning, it's just good quality calibration drawing from real professional day to day experience and proper training.

Yes Diesel engines are much easier to increase the power just ad more fuel and it makes more power.

I also do Diesel tuning so I am familiar.

Gasoline engines today leave very little on the table typically less than 2%.

Reducing torque management gives you access to power you already have but don't have access to, so you will get the illusion of more peak power.

I have done a lot of testing on my 16 Camaro and Headers and exhaust are the best area to add substantial bolt on power which also requires tuning.

Next would be a supercharger.

Feel free to ask any questions about tuning.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:41 AM   #8
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post

I provide professional custom tunes via email using SCT, Diablo, and HPtuners as well as EFIlive tuning software in that order of preference.

There is no real magic in tuning, it's just good quality calibration drawing from real professional day to day experience and proper training.

Yes Diesel engines are much easier to increase the power just ad more fuel and it makes more power.

Reducing torque management gives you access to power you already have but don't have access to, so you will get the illusion of more peak power.

I have done a lot of testing on my 16 Camaro and Headers and exhaust are the best area to add substantial bolt on power which also requires tuning.

Ted.
+1!
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:41 AM   #9
Razzaa

Quote:

Ted.

Diablosport doesn't provide support for our cars yet. Do you feel SCT is a viable option? Is it discoverable by GM? In your professional opinion, is tuning a stock vehicle with minor bolt ons worth it? Just a TB and CAI. How much power increase did you see with headers and exhaust?
Old 07-05-2016, 11:48 AM   #10
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzaa View Post
Diablosport doesn't provide support for our cars yet. Do you feel SCT is a viable option? Is it discoverable by GM? In your professional opinion, is tuning a stock vehicle with minor bolt ons worth it? Just a TB and CAI. How much power increase did you see with headers and exhaust?
I do I have already tuned multiple LT-1 with SCT.

All aftermarket tuning is detectable if they really wanted to look hard enough, but they really need a reason to do so.

There is no warranty fairy flying house to house, checking for tunes LOL.

See my Header test posts. http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...&highlight=arh

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:55 AM   #11
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
The Diablosport handheld-canned 93 CAI tuned I used in my Dodge Magnum R/T blew up my A5 transmission after about 15-20k miles. I'll never use them again for that reason. YMMV
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 12:15 PM   #12
vam5555

Drives: 2017 2SS 6mt, garnet red
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCruisin View Post
The Diablosport handheld-canned 93 CAI tuned I used in my Dodge Magnum R/T blew up my A5 transmission after about 15-20k miles. I'll never use them again for that reason. YMMV
Can you elaborate? Just because I'm curious.
vam5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:46 PM   #13
Ponyeatr16ss
retired badass

Drives: 2016 2SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Ponyeatr16ss Send a message via Yahoo to Ponyeatr16ss
Quote:

Ted.
Mislead? Sorry but I'm not one of the magazine mechs that cover most forums. My 16 is my fifth Camaro and number three that sits in my driveway. All mods down to engine builds done by me and all tuning done professionally by RPM motorsports in Garner NC (home of THE fastest) cars in the country and multiple record holders. Hand held tuners are worthless in gas vehicles and a complete waist of money.
Ponyeatr16ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:04 PM   #14
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
Nothing beats getting your car on a dyno and having someone tune your specific car in your specific weather.

Email tunes are convenient and half the automobile world uses them, but with HPTuners there is no reason you shouldn't have your car dynotuned.

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote