Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Southeast

Phastek Performance

Old 10-24-2016, 12:09 PM   #1
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Central Carolinas Region SCCA Autocross November 5th! Last event of the season!!!

Registration is now open for the 11th and final points event of 2016 season for the Central Carolinas Region Sports Car Club of America at zMax arena on Saturday November 5th. Don't miss out on your last opportunity of 2016, there will not be another event hosted by CCR-SCCA at zMax arena again until February of 2017! If you have been thinking about it but have been on the fence you owe it to yourself to come out and drive, so stop making excuses!

As always we will have another one of CCR's famously challenging courses for you to enjoy, and we will have novice instruction for new drivers and loaner helmets available. You just need to bring yourself, a valid drivers licence and a well maintained vehicle.

Here is the link to register for the event on MotorsportsReg http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...rolinas-035099

Even if you can't make it to this event please join our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/ccrscca/ to stay up to date with this and future events.

As always if you have any questions about this or upcoming events please feel free to send me a PM. Hope to see you there!
Old 10-27-2016, 12:19 PM   #2
Ecchi667

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
Registration is now open for the 11th and final points event of 2016 season for the Central Carolinas Region Sports Car Club of America at zMax arena on Saturday November 5th. Don't miss out on your last opportunity of 2016, there will not be another event hosted by CCR-SCCA at zMax arena again until February of 2017! If you have been thinking about it but have been on the fence you owe it to yourself to come out and drive, so stop making excuses!

As always we will have another one of CCR's famously challenging courses for you to enjoy, and we will have novice instruction for new drivers and loaner helmets available. You just need to bring yourself, a valid drivers licence and a well maintained vehicle.

Here is the link to register for the event on MotorsportsReg http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...rolinas-035099

Even if you can't make it to this event please join our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/ccrscca/ to stay up to date with this and future events.

As always if you have any questions about this or upcoming events please feel free to send me a PM. Hope to see you there!
This looks pretty interesting! Unfortunately my Camaro is in the bodyshop and I have no idea when I'll get it back, but doubtful to be in time so I'll have to join y'all next year. I *could* bring the Bronco, but that'd probably only offer some brief amusement before it rolled over and killed everybody. On the plus side, it could almost certainly be popped back on it's wheels and still get me home.

Anyway, how many runs do you normally get? I'm a circuit guy, but I've never done autocross. I presume it's pretty much like taking a full-sized car around a go-kart track, ultimately?
Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 08:37 PM   #3
Egon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecchi667 View Post
This looks pretty interesting! Unfortunately my Camaro is in the bodyshop and I have no idea when I'll get it back, but doubtful to be in time so I'll have to join y'all next year. I *could* bring the Bronco, but that'd probably only offer some brief amusement before it rolled over and killed everybody. On the plus side, it could almost certainly be popped back on it's wheels and still get me home.

Anyway, how many runs do you normally get? I'm a circuit guy, but I've never done autocross. I presume it's pretty much like taking a full-sized car around a go-kart track, ultimately?
That sucks that your car is in the bodyshop and not just because you are likely to miss our last autocross of the season. (hope it wasn't for anything too serious) And by the way it's not a Bronco's job to kill everyone that's what Mustangs are for.

Novice drivers get 5 runs total with an instructor. Even if you are experienced with road racing it's best to sign up as a novice for your first few events if only to get the extra run. If the instructor signs off that you are solid you don't have to have them ride with you all of your runs though. Some smaller venues probably do feel more like a go-kart track but at zMax we have a very large area where we can set up some pretty awesome courses. Typically each run is 70 to 80 seconds long unless you are a pro or running a very fast car that you know how to drive. Top speeds are usually around 60-70 in short sections, but one of the events earlier this year we had a few cars that hit 85 unexpectedly due to some crafty drivers. Here is a video of one of my runs earlier this season for you to get an idea of what to expect.

I hope you can get your car back before Nov 5th and come out and join us, but if not we will be starting it all over again next year around February.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:36 AM   #4
Ecchi667

Quote:
That sucks that your car is in the bodyshop and not just because you are likely to miss our last autocross of the season. (hope it wasn't for anything too serious) And by the way it's not a Bronco's job to kill everyone that's what Mustangs are for.

Novice drivers get 5 runs total with an instructor. Even if you are experienced with road racing it's best to sign up as a novice for your first few events if only to get the extra run. If the instructor signs off that you are solid you don't have to have them ride with you all of your runs though. Some smaller venues probably do feel more like a go-kart track but at zMax we have a very large area where we can set up some pretty awesome courses. Typically each run is 70 to 80 seconds long unless you are a pro or running a very fast car that you know how to drive. Top speeds are usually around 60-70 in short sections, but one of the events earlier this year we had a few cars that hit 85 unexpectedly due to some crafty drivers. Here is a video of one of my runs earlier this season for you to get an idea of what to expect.

I hope you can get your car back before Nov 5th and come out and join us, but if not we will be starting it all over again next year around February.
Thanks man, sounds and looks good! Most likely see you February! I'll join the Facebook page when I get back home.
Old 10-30-2016, 07:37 AM   #5
Egon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecchi667 View Post
Thanks man, sounds and looks good! Most likely see you February! I'll join the Facebook page when I get back home.
Even if your car isn't ready you should still come by and check everything out on Nov 5th. You should be able to get a few rides with people while you are there, which is always fun and it will give you a better idea of what is going on than you can get from a gopro video.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:38 AM   #6
Ecchi667

Quote:
Even if your car isn't ready you should still come by and check everything out on Nov 5th. You should be able to get a few rides with people while you are there, which is always fun and it will give you a better idea of what is going on than you can get from a gopro video.
Unfortunately I get horrendous motion sickness so being a passenger isn't an option. I *could* dose up on pills, which may help...but in all honesty I wouldn't want to drive the old Bronco all that way anyway. I have no doubt it'd make the journey, but the thing vibrates so much it's like driving a washing machine with an armchair mounted on top.

Have a great run, hopefully see you next time!
Old 11-03-2016, 11:26 PM   #7
Egon

Online registration is closed and we have an amazing 195 people pre-registered with 35 novices! If you are still interested but missed signing up online it is still ok to register on site between 7-9am for an additional $5 on site registration fee. If you were on the fence or just thinking about it please just do it, it will be a blast with some great fall weather!
Old 01-24-2017, 09:56 AM   #8
Ecchi667

Hey, do y'all have a date set for February yet?
Old 01-24-2017, 09:58 AM   #9
Ecchi667

I presume this is it, starting in March?:

SCCA - Central Carolinas Region - Autocross

Friday, Mar 3 — Saturday, Mar 4, 2017
zMAX Dragway, Concord, NC
Old 01-24-2017, 02:11 PM   #10
Egon

I wasn't aware of anything going on that Friday, but we have our first event of the season on March 4th. Here is the rest of the schedule. We have added a new venue at Donaldson Airport in SC and we are going to have a Novice School there as well. I highly recommend going to the Novice School if you are new to autocross as we have some great instructors and you get a lot of seat time. I will probably post the schedule in a separate thread in a few weeks as we get closer to the start of the season. I hope you get the chance to make it to some of the events!

The 2017 CCR Solo Schedule.
Enjoy!
AX #1 - March 4th @ zMax - Sterling Malory Archer
AX #2 - March 26th @ Donaldson - Space: The Final Frontier
AX #3 - April 22nd & 23rd @ zMax - The 3rd Annual Unofficial NC Tour
AX #4 - May 7th @ Donaldson - The Last In Line
AX #5 - May 27th @ Donaldson - Team America
AX #6 - June 17th & 18th @ zMax - The Tour de Dad
AX #7 - July 15th @ zMax - Airplane!
AX #8 - August 19th @ zMax - Jebediah Springfield
AX # 9 - September 23rd @ zMax - Camelot, 'Tis a Silly Place
AX #10 - October 14th @ zMax - Pulp Fiction