#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-27-2021, 02:43 PM   #1
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
I just might do it… Yep, I done did it

Absolutely enjoy everything about my car, but the used car market has me seriously considering buying a new one.

Found a dealer with a Wild Cherry ZL1 arriving in a couple weeks & they are giving me a pretty good trade in, more than what I paid for it 1yr ago.

It’s lacking the CF dash, red seat belts & sunroof, other than that the same.

The wife already gave her approval, so there is that.

Last edited by gtfoxy; 08-09-2021 at 02:27 PM.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 03:21 PM   #2
infinitereality
Limitless Imagination

Drives: 2018 ZL1 & 2022 Hayabusa
No sunroof isn't really a bad thing, unless you use yours alot. I do not have one and love the bodylines the roof gives the car vs just a smooth roof
- RotoFab Dry, Forgestar CF5V (ZLE Spec), Eibach Pro, AeroForce Interceptor, GT4 Tow Hook
- Carbon Fiber (Satin): Radio, Shifter, Steering Wheel Controls, Shifter Top, AC Vents, Side Mirrors & Shark Fin
2022 Suzuki Hayabusa - Brilliant White Pearl & Shocker Yellow Wheels
- +4 Arm, 240 OEM Wheel, Brock's CT (Ti) Exhaust, 1.25" drop, etc...
infinitereality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 03:23 PM   #3
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Absolutely enjoy everything about my car, but the used car market has me seriously considering buying a new one.

Found a dealer with a Wild Cherry ZL1 arriving in a couple weeks & they are giving me a pretty good trade in, more than what I paid for it 1yr ago.

It’s lacking the CF dash, red seat belts & sunroof, other than that the same.

The wife already gave her approval, so there is that.

If I were in the same spot, I’d do it.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 03:33 PM   #4
ZX-10R

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Riverside
If you love that color maybe I can see it, but you're still paying more + taxes for the exact same car and no additional collector value. Might want to wait until the "final" year - 2024-2025?
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 04:09 PM   #5
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-10R View Post
If you love that color maybe I can see it, but you're still paying more + taxes for the exact same car and no additional collector value. Might want to wait until the "final" year - 2024-2025?
Exactly. Shelling out more money for the same car when yours is only 2yrs old b/c it's a diff shade of red.
Old 07-27-2021, 04:41 PM   #6
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
Exactly. Shelling out more money for the same car when yours is only 2yrs old b/c it's a diff shade of red.
You must like being wrong today, because it’s not about that at all. I’d actually prefer it to be Red Hot with the options I have now.

It’s about it being the very first new car I’ve ever bought for myself & having a new one that will have the full 3/36 warranty vs one that only has until April, probably slightly lower interest rate, & I’m not losing any money on my current Z that I got to enjoy for a year now. To trade up for all that for less than $5K difference I’d be stupid not to do it, as my wife said.
Old 07-27-2021, 05:08 PM   #7
ZX-10R

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Riverside
ok the warranty - I have 6 year powertrain (CPO) so that's not a reason for me - plus I have a catch can and a few other goodies installed

I would probably let mine go for $65k, and at that point I might think about a GT3, not another Camaro
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 05:12 PM   #8
Snowwolfe

Drives: CTV5 V Blackwing on order
U can always make more money. Enjoy life and buy what you want as long as your family and retirement is taken care of
Snowwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 05:24 PM   #9
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
ok the warranty - I have 6 year powertrain (CPO) so that's not a reason for me - plus I have a catch can and a few other goodies installed

I would probably let mine go for $65k, and at that point I might think about a GT3, not another Camaro
Seriously, a GT3? A new one? And your talking about a piddly couple extra grand on a Camaro trade in? If you can afford a GT3, a couple $’s shouldn’t make a difference.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 05:27 PM   #10
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:

Well, if you started this thread it could be about you, but you didn’t. At the same time I respect your opinion as your own, which you are entitled to, but it’s not mine.

The Porsche will be for the wife when the kids are gone as she’s wanted one for decades, but is much too practical to buy one now even though we could afford it along with my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
U can always make more money. Enjoy life and buy what you want as long as your family and retirement is taken care of
That’s my wife’s motto. Our retirement is our self-made business & property. I’m a man, however, that believes in working until the day you die. I can’t not work. (Yes I know that’s a double negative & it should be read that way) I’ve worked in one capacity or another since I was 10yrs old & will continue to do so. Retirement is what you do before you find out what you really want to do.
Old 07-27-2021, 05:36 PM   #11
gblaue

Drives: 2017 Bright Yellow ZL1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
exactly!
Old 07-27-2021, 05:37 PM   #12
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
The 19's seem to be pretty reliable. So I don't think I would move into a new one that isn't the color you prefer and doesn't have the options you desire in trade for longer warranty. I wouldn't want a dealership working on my Camaro anyway.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 05:56 PM   #13
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
The 19's seem to be pretty reliable. So I don't think I would move into a new one that isn't the color you prefer and doesn't have the options you desire in trade for longer warranty. I wouldn't want a dealership working on my Camaro anyway.
OK. Valid point. So let’s expound on that as I thoroughly respect your input.

What would be the negatives here, or potential positives I may not have considered?

Add: almost everything I’m seeing is Wild Cherry or Black. Do not want Jet Black. So my choices are quite limited at this juncture in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZorro View Post
I think you need to cause the wife said so - since when does that happen take advantage
You are a wise man.

She was actually the one that pushed me into my 1SS, & while she was reluctant on my current car at first, once she saw the numbers & its meaning to me said go for it. Plus since her credit score seems to always be a few ticks higher than mine, & we buy every major purchase together, she’s on the loans first. , so her input is, as a union, always paramount in my decisions in such things.

When I presented it to her this morning it took all of a 5min convo, discussing the facts, for her to say I should move forward with her backing me. To me that is worth more than words can state.

Last edited by gtfoxy; 07-27-2021 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-27-2021, 06:52 PM   #14
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Go for it gtfoxy!