Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-22-2021, 03:31 PM   #1
Future1LEa10
Banned

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1LE
The Misery loves company thread - Want/cant get LT1/SS/ZL1...

So here I am. Wondering what it would feel like to get that ZL1 I have been lusting over. Pandemic and chip shortages aside, I have other financial obligations Im waiting to for to resolve before I can get one. Looks to be end of summer for me. By then I should be able to basically pay cash for one. But until then I am stuck.

Now add back the pandemic and chip shortage, its looking like either stock is going to be impossible to find, or available stock is going to be WAY over priced like it is now. Im super sick about it. I had the chance to get one about a year ago, but I reinvested my money at that time and basically broke even luckily because of the dumb pandemic.

So who else here is waiting to get a car, or cant find the one they want to buy? Sound off. No need to go into detail about your specific situation, but just know that there are many of us in your same boat one way or another.

Pic for attention of what I want.

Future1LEa10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 03:53 PM   #2
DorsoDuroJohn

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
I have an LT1 i'll sell to you for 65k
DorsoDuroJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 03:56 PM   #3
DorsoDuroJohn

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
also
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=592767
DorsoDuroJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 04:11 PM   #4
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future1LEa10 View Post
So here I am. Wondering what it would feel like to get that ZL1 I have been lusting over. Pandemic and chip shortages aside, I have other financial obligations Im waiting to for to resolve before I can get one. Looks to be end of summer for me. By then I should be able to basically pay cash for one. But until then I am stuck.

Now add back the pandemic and chip shortage, its looking like either stock is going to be impossible to find, or available stock is going to be WAY over priced like it is now. Im super sick about it. I had the chance to get one about a year ago, but I reinvested my money at that time and basically broke even luckily because of the dumb pandemic.

So who else here is waiting to get a car, or cant find the one they want to buy? Sound off. No need to go into detail about your specific situation, but just know that there are many of us in your same boat one way or another.

If you think your situation was bad, try wanting to buy a new 1LE since back in 2016, and having to settle for an LT1 in 2020, and financed at that. Your 1st world problems make mine seem like 3rd world problems.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 04:54 PM   #5
appleman22

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
This thread is pointless. Attention seeking at its best. Nobody gives two shits about your situation. And how hard is your life since you’ll be able to buy a car in cash soon???
appleman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 05:10 PM   #6
Callaway SC630

Drives: 2020 Callaway Camaro SC630
Why get mad when people can pay for something outright?
Old 05-22-2021, 05:35 PM   #7
Staves

Drives: women crazy
1st world misery. I’m praying for you to get through this.
Old 05-22-2021, 05:42 PM   #8
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
I'm sure if anyone looks for 1 of my 1st few posts on here, it was prob close to a year b4 I got my zl1. I did my research, almost went with an SS but then life happened and everything got put on pause. I will say, the wait was 100% worth it.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 05:50 PM   #9
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
All I know is OP has excellent taste in automobiles & color choice.

Don’t feel bad man, had to settle for an SS for a couple years before going to the Z.

No regerts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleman22 View Post
This thread is pointless. Attention seeking at its best. Nobody gives two shits about your situation. And how hard is your life since you’ll be able to buy a car in cash soon???
OMG, go take a Valium or something.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 05:50 PM   #10
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:

I have a 2021 LT1 10 speed auto you can buy for 38K with 5500 miles
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 08:15 PM   #11
Future1LEa10
Banned

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleman22 View Post
Rather than jump back on you as you jumped on me, I will explain further just to try and salvage your post.

Sure it looks like attention seeking 1st world problems. But this was more for those of us in any situation sitting on the sidelines watching all of you having fun with your cars, to share the misery a bit and understand we are not the only ones.

I personally am ONLY into cars, and have wanted a camaro for ages. I was going to get a 1LE but I realized that a ZL1 would be more appropriate. So continuing to save I did. I work an awesome job that took me 20 years of grinding to get and I have done most of what I needed to make a nice cozy life. If that offends you Im sorry. It wasnt meant to. Just meant to get the others like me that are bummed that we cant be out there washing/waxing/driving/racing our awesome camaros, together and talk about whats going on with us and how we are going to get to our goals.

Thats it really. Stick around and contribute or dont.
Future1LEa10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 08:25 PM   #12
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
A dealer new me has a used LT1, 2020 very low miles, A10 I think was around 33k used the other day I saw.

I would wait until later in the summer when stock comes in. These chevy dealers with inflated used prices will have problems moving the cars if a new one is only a couple grand more. Might get a good deal.

Another option is to get like a C6 Corvette low miles and slap a super charger on it.

I had this problem in the summer of 2011 buying my Coyote Mustang. You might recall the first couple years the 5.0 came out they were very hard to find on dealer lots because it was the fastest car out of the big three as the Camaro and Challenger were all slower at the time. I had a tough time finder an auto in my price range and this was in St. Louis, a major city. I really just wanted a base model 5.0 but dealers didn't carry those.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 08:33 PM   #13
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
I wouldn't buy a car this year. Wait for the bubble to pop.
2021 is a seller's market.
Old 05-22-2021, 10:11 PM   #14
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Rather than jump back on you as you jumped on me, I will explain further just to try and salvage your post.

Sure it looks like attention seeking 1st world problems. But this was more for those of us in any situation sitting on the sidelines watching all of you having fun with your cars, to share the misery a bit and understand we are not the only ones.

I personally am ONLY into cars, and have wanted a camaro for ages. I was going to get a 1LE but I realized that a ZL1 would be more appropriate. So continuing to save I did. I work an awesome job that took me 20 years of grinding to get and I have done most of what I needed to make a nice cozy life. If that offends you Im sorry. It wasnt meant to. Just meant to get the others like me that are bummed that we cant be out there washing/waxing/driving/racing our awesome camaros, together and talk about whats going on with us and how we are going to get to our goals.

Thats it really. Stick around and contribute or dont.
Great post , and I find it ironic that some think it’s a good idea for us to take advantage of the market and sell our cars. Nope! May make sense for others, but not for me.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote