Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-07-2021, 07:04 AM   #1
CPCNY

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, VR ext/Blk Int
ZL1 Rocker Paint

I've searched and can't find any pictures of what I'm thinking of doing.

Has anyone painted the top half of their ZL1 rockers the car body color and the bottom half gloss black? My car in VR and I have a new spoiler painted gloss black, I'm going to paint my SLP splitter gloss black and I think the rockers would look good in gloss similar to the Z/28 color scheme.

Thanks in advance.
CPCNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 10:22 AM   #2
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Is this something of what you are looking for??

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...RST&ajaxhist=0
Old 02-07-2021, 04:42 PM   #3
CPCNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Is this something of what you are looking for??

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...RST&ajaxhist=0
Yes those are the rockers with the red on top/black bottom. The black looks like the plastic color. I want something like the pics attached below. I apologize for stealing someones' pic. The 1LE with ZL1 rockers and the extensions behind the rear tires is what I was thinking but in gloss black instead of the matte. I haven't seen any like that except for the Z/28 and think it will look sharp...or as my father would have said snazzy..especially with the gloss anvil spoiler and splitter. Also looking at the stance SF07 wheels.

What do you think?
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2021, 06:31 PM   #4
1JEWLDSSRS

If you want that Z28 look, these are what I'm ordering for my Camaro. Other companies offer them in duraflex for cheaper, but you have to do some prepping to get them to fit.

https://www.c7carbon.com/1015-camaro...b0e8fe81d288bb

And here are the ones for the rear quarter panels..

https://www.phastekperformance.com/2...e-33-4-137.htm
Old 02-08-2021, 03:25 AM   #5
CPCNY

I already have the pieces for the rear quarters from phastek. Not really going for the Z/28 look, just the color scheme. Actually the top pic of the 1LE is what I'm looking at but gloss black lower versus the matte/satin black.

The C7carbon skirts are nice but I don't have any carbon fiber on the car. I emailed the company to see if they'd paint them instead of CF. I've read too many issues with duraflex.

I have the IKON skirts at home in NY (I'm in Florida for winter) and may try painting them and see how they look.

I've never been a huge fan of black wheels but the Forgestar CF5Vs in the second pic looks great.

I have only done a few things to the car because I didn't expect to have it this long. It's 10 years old now and only 18K miles so I'm just going to keep is so now I'm going to change things up a bit.
Old 02-08-2021, 04:51 AM   #6
AG454
I am not "Fast & Furious"

Drives: 2010 Camaro LSX454 1LE
I have ZL1 rockers painted gloss black on the bottom, IBM on top. My car has gloss black GFX splitter and rally stripes. No rear quarter pieces or black spoiler though. I’d post a pic, but you can’t really tell because IBM is so dark. I think it looks good, it would really pop on a red car.
Don't wait up 'cause I'll be late, I'll be late
AG454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 08:15 AM   #7
CPCNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG454 View Post
I have ZL1 rockers painted gloss black on the bottom, IBM on top. My car has gloss black GFX splitter and rally stripes. No rear quarter pieces or black spoiler though. I’d post a pic, but you can’t really tell because IBM is so dark. I think it looks good, it would really pop on a red car.
Thanks I think it'll look good also. I found pics of this blue ZL1 with gloss black rockers. I like it.

Next decision is wheels...ugh!
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2021, 10:58 AM   #8
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPCNY View Post
I already have the pieces for the rear quarters from phastek. Not really going for the Z/28 look, just the color scheme. Actually the top pic of the 1LE is what I'm looking at but gloss black lower versus the matte/satin black.

The C7carbon skirts are nice but I don't have any carbon fiber on the car. I emailed the company to see if they'd paint them instead of CF. I've read too many issues with duraflex.

I have the IKON skirts at home in NY (I'm in Florida for winter) and may try painting them and see how they look.

I've never been a huge fan of black wheels but the Forgestar CF5Vs in the second pic looks great.

I have only done a few things to the car because I didn't expect to have it this long. It's 10 years old now and only 18K miles so I'm just going to keep is so now I'm going to change things up a bit.
Yea one of my Camaro buds has a 2014 1LE like the top pic except he had his matte black pieces done in gloss and the car looks amazing with the red/gloss black combo. He also has the ZL1 wheels in gloss black. Good luck sir, gonna look great!!
Old 02-08-2021, 11:19 AM   #9
CPCNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Yea one of my Camaro buds has a 2014 1LE like the top pic except he had his matte black pieces done in gloss and the car looks amazing with the red/gloss black combo. He also has the ZL1 wheels in gloss black. Good luck sir, gonna look great!!
Thanks man. I'm excited to make the changes.
Old 02-08-2021, 11:33 AM   #10
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPCNY View Post
Thanks man. I'm excited to make the changes.
That's all that matters, It's gonna look great and make YOU happy. I had all gloss black pieces on my RJT and thought I wasn't a fan of Carbon Fiber, until I installed the CF spoiler and was amazed at how awesome it looked on my Camaro, what a nice look/combo, so I bought a CF front Z28 splitter, installed it and again, wow, very nice, so now the CF Z28 side rocker extensions to round out the look. It feels great when you can change the look of your car in the most subtle ways, and it totally makes the car look like a whole different car!! Have fun sir!!!
Old 02-08-2021, 01:33 PM   #11
CPCNY

The problem with carbon fiber parts is some tend to yellow. I've had motorcycles with CF and as they aged the CF got a little dingy. Maybe car parts have a better clear on them. But I do love the look of it.