#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > New Member Introductions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-14-2016, 02:35 PM   #1
Danew_377
Chief Bief

Drives: Nightfall Gray Camaro 1SS
Ready for change...

Hello everyone, My name is Danew and I have been frequenting the site for quite a while now. I've always liked the Camaro, especially the last gen, and am now in a position to move up from the Cobalt SS that I've had for the last eight years. It's been an awesome car to own, but it's age is showing and the creaks are getting annoying. I'm purchasing a Nightfall Gray 1SS today after being in Japan and not being able to drive. Just treating myself to something nice after being gone serving overseas on a ship for two years.

Really love the site and look forward to learning more about this family here.
Danew_377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 02:57 PM   #2
PostNup
CAR-DASHIAN

Drives: 2015 Ashen Gray Metallic 2SS/RS L99
Thank you for your service, congrats on the 1SS and welcome to this community!!

Lock up about a good day to do searches on these forums, there is really a tremendous amount of knowledge to be had here. If you are going to mod; search, narrow down your options and then pose questions. This is a very friendly group, but members posting before searching tends to get a rise out of people

Just some friendly advice to help ward off any friendly fire.

Again, welcome and thank you
PERFORMANCE: ColdAirInductions CAI, ADM Race Scoop, Cordes Performance Racing Ported TB/IM/Custom VVT Cam, WFO Milled Heads, Stainless Power 1 7/8" LT/3" HFCs, JBA 3" Comp. Cat-Back, Taylor 10.4mm Plug Wires, Tim King Performance Stage 3 6L80, Circle D Billet 3600 Stall, Nic D ECM/TCM Tune, - 458rwhp/413rwtq (prior to PIM), Forgestar F14 (F)18" / (R)17" Rims.

SUSPENSION: Z/28 Rear UCA Bushings, Carlyle Racing LCA/TA, BMR Adj. Toe Rods/Xtreme Anti-Roll Bar, Justice Pete Castor Locks/Radius Rod Inserts, Pegasus Billet Rear Cradle Bushings, Mickey Thompson Street SS II 305/45/17 tires.
PostNup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 03:17 PM   #3
E-Ray

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Nightfall Grey
Welcome aboard. Congrats, your going to really enjoy this Camaro. Also thank you for your service.
E-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 04:07 PM   #4
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Congratulations. I absolutely love my 1SS and you will not be disappointed. Since you have not driven in 2 years it will be easier for you to do your break in miles gently. Big difference from a Cobalt to the new SS. One tip watch the temperature of the tires. Anything close to 40 degrees F they will break loose easily. Stock tires anyways. There is just about every thing you need to know up until this point about this car on this forum. I am already about 6 mods deep and just got it on the 23rd of last month.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 05:22 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Danew, CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 01-14-2016, 06:20 PM   #6
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014
Thumbs up

WELCOME!!Thank you for your service!
Old 01-15-2016, 09:49 AM   #7
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
welcome

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 01:51 PM   #8
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
A big VA welcome!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 03:26 PM   #9
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Congrats! Thank you for your service!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 09:26 AM   #10
Danew_377
Chief Bief

Drives: Nightfall Gray Camaro 1SS
I appreciate the kind words everyone. I just picked her up last night. I know everyone's seen all the colors now so it's not necessary. But I know there is a wealth of knowledge here.
Danew_377 is offline   Reply With Quote