Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-29-2021, 09:07 PM   #57
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZorro View Post
No offense meant, pardon me if I offended you.
All good, no offence taken. Every Camaro I’ve owned has had T-roofs or sunroofs. The two are a together thing for me.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:08 PM   #58
Pupilbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Yeah I agree with gtfoxy about the exposed carbon hood insert. It does look good and glad mine came with one and also had PDR which I have never used yet but may try out one day.
I do love my Carbon Fibre Insert, it gets a lot of compliments. Really glad I got it.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:14 PM   #59
Pupilbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Personal preferences are incontestible and I totally respect yours, you know that, but saying the pre-refresh taillights are "dated" is simply incorrect, round or elliptical lamp bodies are more dated almost by definition.

Also, just compare our cars from a design consistency point of view, you must see how round bulbs do not match the rest of the bodywork. As great as they look on the C6 because they flow with the body lines, they're as alien on our 6th gen cars.
Excellent pic! My problem - I love both. My 19 has the “oven burners” as my better half calls them. At first I didn’t like them, but they’ve grown on me and look better at night IMO (but I took me a while to get there).

I know I’ve posted this like 100 times but I should’ve kept my yellow 2SS when I upgraded to the ZL1.

As for switching my ZL1, hell no. Crush Orange for me could not get better ever. So I’m stuck with her. Lol.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:13 AM   #60
ZX-10R

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Riverside
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
So what I'm saying is if it is more a purchase out of passion and desire, and when the honeymoon phase of buying a new ZL1 wears off, if you believe that at that point you will still think you made the right decision, then go ahead. Remember, this is a $70K decision. It is nowhere near as close to my $11,000 decision.
Yep, the honeymoon wears off quick, then it's just another used car

That $70k might be better invested in US Steel (X) stock
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 12:12 PM   #61
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-10R View Post
Yep, the honeymoon wears off quick, then it's just another used car

That $70k might be better invested in US Steel (X) stock
Or silver, gold, land, property, or buying out a failing business. Or simply just having the money sitting somewhere for now. But that would only work if he has the $70K in cash. For most of us it would be a loan. And taking out that kind of loan now on something is not too good of an idea. I say wait until the repossessions and evictions start. Then see where the prices for new cars end up.

Also, if he had a SS and was upgrading then I would say go for it. But he already has a ZL1 that I'm pretty sure he doesn't owe $70K on. So it wouldn't be prudent right now to trade in for the same thing just because his was a used car purchase and this one is brand new and it has a few extra electronic features and apps.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 12:21 PM   #62
ZZorro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE - A10
So - As the other fellow said, I thought this was an informative, knowledgeable based forum for gathering facts and especially car information about 6th gen Camaro etc etc...? It seems to have gotten of track and turned into a thread about finances, and the state of the economy, as well as soap box preaching about the pitfalls of loans, and buying vehicles with cash / loans , scratching head ...???
ZZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 02:59 PM   #63
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
So - As the other fellow said, I thought this was an informative, knowledgeable based forum for gathering facts and especially car information about 6th gen Camaro etc etc...? It seems to have gotten of track and turned into a thread about finances, and the state of the economy, as well as soap box preaching about the pitfalls of loans, and buying vehicles with cash / loans , scratching head ...???
Some of that is to be expected… just the way it is.

As far as the OP, he works hard has $ and wants a new car, with a longer warrantee. I see nothing wrong with what he wants to do.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 05:42 PM   #64
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Or silver, gold, land, property, or buying out a failing business. Or simply just having the money sitting somewhere for now. But that would only work if he has the $70K in cash. For most of us it would be a loan. And taking out that kind of loan now on something is not too good of an idea. I say wait until the repossessions and evictions start. Then see where the prices for new cars end up.

Also, if he had a SS and was upgrading then I would say go for it. But he already has a ZL1 that I'm pretty sure he doesn't owe $70K on. So it wouldn't be prudent right now to trade in for the same thing just because his was a used car purchase and this one is brand new and it has a few extra electronic features and apps.
Says the guy with 3 cars & a sport bike.

Had an SS, then a Z, & probably soon another one. All my only DD at a time.

Maybe I have all those other things, or not, doesn’t matter.

Maybe I don’t want to wait to take advantage of other people’s misfortunes because I don’t define myself by that, or what I own, but by my works & what I provide for people & how satisfied they are with those works. In return I am blessed with being able to afford my very first new personal car. Not my business’s, not my wife’s, but my own.

For the record I could easily pay cash for this car & keep mine. Seriously. That would, however, set us back on other things that I I have planned to use that financial liquidity on to make more money, or pay off my house faster, or… on & on. To finance $30K on a $70K vehicle is, as a model of percentages, no different that <$15K on a $30k, or <$10k on a $20k one so I’m quite comfortable in doing so.

Thank you for your concern of my financial stability, but it’s not your call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Some of that is to be expected… just the way it is.

As far as the OP, he works hard has $ and wants a new car, with a longer warrantee. I see nothing wrong with what he wants to do.
Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Funny story; When I got my ZL1 my employees were checking it out & one that’s quite cheeky told a story “A boss came to work one day with a new car. He looked at his admiring employee & said, “If you work hard every day & dedicate yourself to doing great work, one day I might be able to buy another one.”

I looked at his grinning face, cracked a slanted smile, raised an eyebrow & said, “Maybe so. Now get back to work.”
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 08:37 PM   #65
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Funny story; When I got my ZL1 my employees were checking it out & one that’s quite cheeky told a story “A boss came to work one day with a new car. He looked at his admiring employee & said, “If you work hard every day & dedicate yourself to doing great work, one day I might be able to buy another one.”

I looked at his grinning face, cracked a slanted smile, raised an eyebrow & said, “Maybe so. Now get back to work.

No problem man, hopefully the new car transaction goes smoothly.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 08:39 PM   #66
Pupilbone

All I can say is congrats. Getting a new ZL1 is something few get to experience, and the Cherry colour is top notch. Enjoy
Old 07-30-2021, 09:18 PM   #67
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Says the guy with 3 cars & a sport bike.
Actually 3 cars, a SUV, and 3 sport bikes.

Quote:
Had an SS, then a Z, & probably soon another one. All my only DD at a time.

Maybe I have all those other things, or not, doesn’t matter.
I wasn't saying you do or don't. I was simply replying to someone else's statement. And you're right. It doesn't matter. Not one bit to me.

Quote:
Maybe I don’t want to wait to take advantage of other people’s misfortunes because I don’t define myself by that, or what I own, but by my works & what I provide for people & how satisfied they are with those works. In return I am blessed with being able to afford my very first new personal car. Not my business’s, not my wife’s, but my own.
I never said to take advantage of someone. I said that repossessions and such might bring prices down. Hey, some people are unlucky. And every transaction favors one person more so than the other. If I find myself in a favorable situation a few months for now and if it still can help the person on the other end then so be it. We all can't come out winners. And someone is gonna get a great deal down the pipeline. Might as well be me!!

Quote:
For the record I could easily pay cash for this car & keep mine. Seriously. That would, however, set us back on other things that I I have planned to use that financial liquidity on to make more money, or pay off my house faster, or… on & on. To finance $30K on a $70K vehicle is, as a model of percentages, no different that <$15K on a $30k, or <$10k on a $20k one so I’m quite comfortable in doing so.

Thank you for your concern of my financial stability, but it’s not your call.
I'm not concerned. I simply replied to a thread. LOL!! And it is your call...like I said multiple times. Your money, your choice. So go buy it or don't buy it. Do your thing. But if you make a thread about it I'll say what I have to say. Good luck with your new ZL1.
Old 07-30-2021, 10:17 PM   #68
ZZorro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE - A10
I don’t know - honestly, I’d rather have a really nice house over a bunch of cars and stuff, but to each, their own, makes the World go round.
ZZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 10:48 PM   #69
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
I don’t know - honestly, I’d rather have a really nice house over a bunch of cars and stuff, but to each, their own, makes the World go round.
I completely agree!!

However with the crisis on our hands from this Pandemic there are many people who bought houses or multiple houses and are about to lose them. This is not really a good time to be a home owner. I know at least 7 people who are about to lose their homes. And more who are losing their businesses. Such a shame. It is a bad time in this country for sure. Reports are already calling for record breaking numbers of evictions, foreclosures, and repossessions.
Old 07-30-2021, 11:52 PM   #70
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
Quote:
Wife and children first..they both have to want for nothing.
then the house must be paid off and be perfect in everyway.
good reliable daily driver ofc paid in cash.

only once all the above boxes are ticked can you then buy yourself a nice summer car.
i have the above boxes ticked so felt i can spoil myself.

my 17 year old sons new computer here lol.

he has a brand new 125 cc motorbike.
brand new moped.
brand new mopedcar.
playstation5
iphone 12 pro max.

he always comes first

Last edited by Camaro fanboy; 07-31-2021 at 12:05 AM.
Camaro fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote