Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-27-2021, 06:44 AM   #1
96SS390

Drives: 2006 BOM GTO
AGM 1LE with ZL1 Skirts

Looking for example pictures an AGM 1LE w/ ZL1 Skirts
96SS390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 09:33 AM   #2
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Bought mine from my local Chevy dealer. I had them painted at a local place then 6 week later the ppf was installed. All in they were close to a grand. I only installed mine becuase I installed the gm splash guards and to me it made the sides of the car look empty and bare. I did keep the original side rockers. The upper sides and undersides are painted to body color. The mid section...(the bulk of whats seen) are unpainted.

Last edited by Silveradoss573; 04-07-2022 at 11:54 PM.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:15 PM   #3
96SS390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
Bought mine from my local Chevy dealer. I had them painted at a local place then 6 week later the ppf was installed. All in they were close to a grand. I only installed mine becuase I installed the gm splash guards and to me it made the sides of the car look empty and bare. I did keep the original side rockers. The upper sides and undersides are painted to body color. The mid section...(the bulk of whats seen) are unpainted.
Thanks for posting a few pics. Originally that was my thought as well that with the front splash guards it would go better.

I am truly on the fence as I like the OEM look. I think the ZL1 Skirts look great on Black and White but on the Ashen I don't think it stands out as well.

Would you do it again if you had the choice.
Old 07-27-2021, 12:24 PM   #4
Silveradoss573

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96SS390 View Post
Would you do it again if you had the choice.
If I wasn't installing the splash guards then no. As the car sits now with the splash guards then yes. Trust me i spent a month or so looking at the car after installing the splash guards. This wasn't some quick decision by any means. And definitely not trying to be a zl1 wannabe. I even went so far one day to remove the driver side zl1 rocker and roughly reinstalled the factory one. I had thought about removing them and selling and just throwing the stockers back on. Well the zl1 rockers are still in place and unless I remove the splash guards, the rockers are staying put. It just completes the look from front to rear and side to side. Plus going with a OEM piece, I knew the fit and finish would be as good as it gets and no surprises.
Old 07-28-2021, 09:38 AM   #5
96SS390

Quote:
If I wasn't installing the splash guards then no. As the car sits now with the splash guards then yes. Trust me i spent a month or so looking at the car after installing the splash guards. This wasn't some quick decision by any means. And definitely not trying to be a zl1 wannabe. I even went so far one day to remove the driver side zl1 rocker and roughly reinstalled the factory one. I had thought about removing them and selling and just throwing the stockers back on. Well the zl1 rockers are still in place and unless I remove the splash guards, the rockers are staying put. It just completes the look from front to rear and side to side. Plus going with a OEM piece, I knew the fit and finish would be as good as it gets and no surprises.
Does the unpainted part match the splitter and diffuser well?
Old 07-29-2021, 10:15 AM   #6
96SS390

Quote:
Do you have the ZL1 splash guards too
Old 07-29-2021, 01:10 PM   #7
Silveradoss573

Quote:
Does the unpainted part match the splitter and diffuser well?
Yes the rear diffuser lower section and side skirts are both unpainted and have the same texture and color. The front splitter looks to be the same color but smooth.

Quote:
Do you have the ZL1 splash guards too
I have the gm accessory splash guards. I think some refer to them as zl1 splash guards??? The front ones are on the short side but the rear come up like 1/4 way up the rear fender well.

Last edited by Silveradoss573; 04-07-2022 at 11:54 PM.