Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-24-2021, 06:27 AM   #1
Buteman

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1LT 6.
The opportunity to compare ,,

It was time to move out of the Altima sedan and into a sports car of sorts. Being a Nissan fan our first move was towards the 370Z but there was absolutely nothing available with the specs. we were looking for.

One of my golf mates works for the big Ford dealership in town here. He was pushing me towards a Mustang offering a " deal that can't be beat ". Well I decided to give the Mustang some consideration ,, we gave this car an extensive test run ( city / highway ).

No, sorry, I didn't like that car at all and not a chance was I going to pay almost 50k. for a four cylinder car. Now this is solely my opinion but the car felt cheap ,, again, just my opinion. About a week later my wife found a 2021 Camaro 1LT at a dealership in Calgary about 620 km. from our home here in Kelowna.

When all was said and done looking at the Mustang against the Camaro we felt the Camaro was miles ahead. Our Camaro has the RS package, a very nice six cylinder engine with a 10 speed automatic it has plenty of options and I feel that it was finished better than the Mustang.

Our Camaro is finished in Riverside Blue Metallic and has the jet black interior. A premium infotainment 3 system, 20" wheels with polished chrome alloys and runs on regular grade fuel.

Against the Mustang, 4 cylinder, 18" wheels and a price difference of $ 8722.00 ( that's right, $ 8722.00 ) it was a complete no brainer in buying the Camaro. Options that the Mustang had that I did like, sat. nav. and lane departure warning. Mustangs had very limited colour options and premium fuel is recommended.
Buteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 06:42 AM   #2
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Paging a guy in Sweden in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1

But yeah, $50k for an EB sounds nuts, even for Canada. Turbocharging normally at least prefers more octane.

Norm
Old 07-24-2021, 08:20 AM   #3
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
I actually considered the Ecoboost Mustang before getting my V6 Camaro with the RS package. Here's my take on the comparison...I really like both cars very similar, but the Camaro was a slightly better deal. The sound of the V6 was definitely better, but there were things about the Mustang that I thought were better too. I actually traded a 2016 V6 Mustang for my Camaro, and really liked that car as well. Now the V6 Challenger on the other hand...no thanks lol.
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 09:43 AM   #4
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i looked at a 2016 2.0T camaro before buying my 2015 RS.the 2.0 is pretty quick but i couldnt get past the lawn mower exhaust sound and the feeling the 6 cylinder would last longer.mine is blue velvet metallic.if i had to replace it id want your cars twin brother...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 10:11 AM   #5
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Paging a guy in Sweden in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1

But yeah, $50k for an EB sounds nuts, even for Canada. Turbocharging normally at least prefers more octane.

Norm

good choice op
Old 07-25-2021, 09:01 AM   #6
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Prices have gone nuts. I bought my son a new Mustang EB fir $24k out the door in March. Glad I didn’t wait.

I prefer my Camaro, but I believe that in the non V8 segment the Mustang performs a bit better than the Camaro.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 10:12 AM   #7
Invertalon

Drives: 2021 2SS
Mustang 5.0 vs. SS was an easy choice for me. Camaro won in everything for me (cabin, styling, exhaust note, driving dynamics, etc...). Both equally considered but once I test drove them, the choice was easy.
Invertalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 10:15 AM   #8
Vaska

Drives: On Hiatus
Life must be boring in Kelowna, you have lots of time to start pointless threads...,,,,,,

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595347

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595158

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=594753

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=594994

Do you live in Kelowna? I don't think you've mentioned it enough,,,,,

I don't understand the point of buying anything other than V8s in muscle cars. Turbo 4s or 6 cyls you might as well look at another vehicle. These RS packages are just hilarious and not worth saving a few bucks over.
Vaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:14 PM   #9
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Owning a s550 GT before and a SS now... my thoughts.

Styling: the 15-17 Gt but after the refresh in 18 the Camaro.

Handling: Camaro by far.

Interior styling: tie

Power: Tie

Daily drivability: the Camaro unless it’s hot.

Exhaust: no comparison the Mustang.

Modding: More parts and a little less expensive on the GT.

These are based of the Gt and the SS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 05:15 AM   #10
Buteman

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1LT 6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaska View Post
Life must be boring in Kelowna, you have lots of time to start pointless threads...,,,,,,

I don't understand the point of buying anything other than V8s in muscle cars. Turbo 4s or 6 cyls you might as well look at another vehicle. These RS packages are just hilarious and not worth saving a few bucks over.
And who are you to criticize anything I ( or any other member on this forum ) post ? who exactly are you ??

I'm a new Camaro owner and I enjoy being on this forum ,, according to you anyone on this forum who doesn't own a V8 should not be on this forum, they should go away ( for want of a better word ) and buy something else. You sound like a real winner you do ,, Saskatoon, good Lord, you're welcome to it ,,, oh by the way ,, I'm from Kelowna !!
Buteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 07:08 AM   #11
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
I guess you don't understand that today's Camaro is more than just today's interpretation of a muscle car, either.

That may be fine for you, but other people see other outstanding attributes in the Camaro that were never part of traditional muscle cars. Speaking of . . . I'm betting that today's sixxer Camaro would gap most of the original muscle cars, stock for stock.

Norm
Old 07-26-2021, 07:35 AM   #12
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
I've had a couple of Z cars, and they are still one of my favorites. There is little to no inventory now because they have been discontinued with the new Nissan coming out. (not that there was much inventory before that announcement; the Z cars have always been relatively low production).
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 01:59 PM   #13
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
I have heard some complaints about 370Z's chassis, and it is a pretty old platform at this point. Good choice when it comes to the Camaro.

CAN$50k for an EcoBoost Mustang is ridiculous. I have a friend who leased a 6-speed GT PP1 that was selling for around CAN$40k. Then again, I have heard stories of people being cheated into paying CAN$70k for an EcoBoost.

Enjoy the car, and depending on if Area 27 gets affected by fire, I could end up near your neck of woods next month.

Quote:

Camaro has a pretty good chassis to justify the non-V8 engines. I have run with a guy with his V6 Camaro on some twisty roads and another 2.0T guy on a track. Both performed pretty well. I personally would love to try a 2.0T/V6 1LE at an AutoX.

It's funny how people are fine with Caddy's having turbo I4 and V6, but with Camaro everyone loses their crap, even though they are based off the same platform, LOL.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 02:26 PM   #14
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
I guess you don't understand that today's Camaro is more than just today's interpretation of a muscle car, either.

That may be fine for you, but other people see other outstanding attributes in the Camaro that were never part of traditional muscle cars. Speaking of . . . I'm betting that today's sixxer Camaro would gap most of the original muscle cars, stock for stock.

Norm
Most people would also be shocked with how well today's sixxer Camaro would hang with an LS1 powered Z28 or GTO.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote