Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-19-2021, 08:46 PM   #15
ocurtis
Searching for my 6th Gen

Drives: In The Market
Haha, my wife is against it as well.

I am doing a home addition, complete remodel, building a pool. So money is flying around and I'm losing track of it. Might just keep this money in my depreciating asset!
ocurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 07:25 AM   #16
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
I'm seriously considering the same. I can get even money on my car at one year old (bought it new) which means I would have paid out only the true operating costs.

One of the reasons I'm considering it is because I may possibly buy back in with a ZL1. These prices simply can't last "that" much longer... It's simply not sustainable.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 08:26 AM   #17
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDaddy82 View Post
I’m not selling. I could make a SOLID pile off my car but what am I going to do with it, pay off bills? Get ahead on the house? Who cares. There will always be a bill to pay. After I pay off these bills there will be a another that pops up, they always do. So nothing will really change, and I won’t have my dream car anymore. My wife and I have made wonderful memories together on car trips, CamaroFest, LS Fest, etc. What’s that worth?

Also, my old man has always been into cars, he’s in his 70’s now. Met my mother street racing his new at the time 70’ Nova with a 4 speed. Regrets selling that car to this day.
I'm in the same boat. We are debt free. So what am I going to do with the extra money? Put more in savings? I buy toys because we already have enough in savings and we also put enough away in retirement funds, so what is the point of having more money in savings? I'll keep the toys I have and upgrade them when I get the itch. If I was in debt with vehicles or my situation was different, then maybe I'd be considering what the OP is. Just not my scenario. I'm just worth more right now because my autos are worth more. I'm good with that.

Everyone's situation is different, don't look to an internet forum to help you make a decision like selling your Camaro. You'll make the wrong choice. Make the choice based off your own situation.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:58 AM   #18
ocurtis
Searching for my 6th Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
I'm in the same boat. We are debt free. So what am I going to do with the extra money? Put more in savings? I buy toys because we already have enough in savings and we also put enough away in retirement funds, so what is the point of having more money in savings? I'll keep the toys I have and upgrade them when I get the itch. If I was in debt with vehicles or my situation was different, then maybe I'd be considering what the OP is. Just not my scenario. I'm just worth more right now because my autos are worth more. I'm good with that.

Everyone's situation is different, don't look to an internet forum to help you make a decision like selling your Camaro. You'll make the wrong choice. Make the choice based off your own situation.
Yeah, I am in similar situation. debt free, plenty of investments, plenty of savings both retirement and general - but $12-15k is $12-15k! then in two years I could buy a ZL1 for the same price I sold my SS for.

it probably wont happen, because my wife isnt super excited about it and neither am I. I just installed the AWE exhaust and man it sounds good!
Old 07-20-2021, 12:36 PM   #19
mooton

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocurtis View Post
Yeah, I am in similar situation. debt free, plenty of investments, plenty of savings both retirement and general - but $12-15k is $12-15k! then in two years I could buy a ZL1 for the same price I sold my SS for.

it probably wont happen, because my wife isnt super excited about it and neither am I. I just installed the AWE exhaust and man it sounds good!
I still can't believe you bought a 2020 2SS 'vert five months ago for $35K! That's the screamin' deal that's putting you so far in-the-money right now. Lucky find there.
mooton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 12:52 PM   #20
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post

yep i hear you.
same here. we own out house outright. owe nobody a penny.
ok i could sell my camaro right now for 50k..
dont need the money and prefer to have the car than another 50k sitting in me account.
i'm not a stocks and shares kinda fella. like my hard cash to hand
Old 07-20-2021, 01:09 PM   #21
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
i have 3 sunny sunday cars that I put less than a 1k miles a year on and I just cant bring myself to letting any of them go. They do not make a manual vette anymore so my c7 z06 with the z07 pkg and a rare color (daytona sunrise orange met) will stay. My 2018 zl1 1le in garnet red met is near the same color as my dads 2013 zl1 and someday i will have both and have 2 of the 3 generations of zl1s and my 2018 ss 1le has a ton of go fast mods and over 1k hp and I could not replace it for what i could get for it but I will buy another car or cars before they go all electric
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 01:26 PM   #22
ocurtis
Searching for my 6th Gen

It was a good deal, but it wasn't screaming back then - they could be found for high 30's but this one had under 10,000 miles and the options I wanted. there was similar cars with more miles or a year or two older for 38kish around the same time.
Old 07-20-2021, 01:30 PM   #23
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
It was a good deal, but it wasn't screaming back then - they could be found for high 30's but this one had under 10,000 miles and the options I wanted. there was similar cars with more miles or a year or two older for 38kish around the same time.
I had a dealer offer my $35k for mine (2SS, Convertible, MagRide, Navigation, M6) with under 4k miles as part of a trade in May. I told him to kick rocks.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 03:28 PM   #24
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:

... how do you think, that in two years, you will be able to buy a ZL1 (that isn't wrecked) for $35.5k..? Unless you would be going to a 5th Gen, then sure.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 03:29 PM   #25
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
For $10k-$12k, I would absolutely sell the car (and I did mine). A new car can always be had (even if not a Camaro), opportunities like this cannot.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 03:36 PM   #26
ocurtis
Searching for my 6th Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
... how do you think, that in two years, you will be able to buy a ZL1 (that isn't wrecked) for $35.5k..? Unless you would be going to a 5th Gen, then sure.
I bought my car for $35k. take the plus the 12-15k I would make and get to 47-50. a used ZL1 was selling for around 52-55 before the world lost its mind
Old 07-20-2021, 04:50 PM   #27
Orangeman13

Drives: 2023 Black Camaro 2SS
I actually sold mine - and turned around the next day and bought a Lexus RCF!
Orangeman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 05:05 PM   #28
Chrome383Z

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Depends if you want a Camaro. I thought about it as well, can’t get a dealer to bite on a ZL1 with GM discount right now. My concern is there won’t be a Camaro in a few years to buy. So I’m keeping my 2019. Even though similar to others I could get $8k ish over what I paid for it. ��*♂️