Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 07-07-2021, 08:52 AM   #29
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Thanks for the offer man! I am not sure what I am doing yet, mainly because I have to figure out the GFX exhaust bezels and tips. I don't want to leave them polished as it would look wrong with black tail bezels imo. Not sure what the best solution is for those. I figured I could do a trial run in a plastidip just to see if I like the look, but I would be afraid of it melting and making a mess. I have the square-ish MBRP tips. Would black bezels with black tips be too much? I don't see how I could leave any of it polished if I go black on anything/everything else. If I do all that I am likely going to replace my trunk SS emblem with the black/red version.

If you plan to hold them a bit I will let you know soon if that's cool. I may just go for it and paint them all - taillight bezels, tips, exhaust bezels. Uhhhg, decisions...
lol, I hear ya bro, decisions decisions. I think the way you have your bowtie now is fine, black with the chrome surround, mine is that way and when I had the black bezels in with the tinted tails and reverse lights and chrome exhaust tips, it looked pretty good, lots of folks liked the look, but it wasn't what I was looking for. Did it just to see how it would turn out. I think yours would look great with the bow tie the way it is, just do the black bezels since the tails are tinted and use VHT hi-heat paint on your exhaust GFX bezels and leave the exhaust tips the way they are, no need to paint them as they are inside the bezels. Before you do paint the GFX bezels though, I would plasti-dip them first to make sure that is the look you want before you take that big leap and paint them because if you ever want them to be chrome again, that would cost ya, and I'm not sure you can get another set except for maybe in a scrap yard. Also on the bezels I have I'm picking them up either tomorrow or Saturday, we have shows on both days depending on the weather and I will hold on to them for you, just let me know if you want them of not and I will mail them to you, free! lol. By the way, how did you all fare on the storm, Elsa over there? Looked pretty dicey for a bit for you all. Hope everything is well!
Old 07-07-2021, 01:33 PM   #30
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Yeah I may try the PlastiDip just to see how I like it. I had considered exactly what you said about doing the exhaust bezels and keeping the tips natural. I will def let you know, I really appreciate that.

As for the storm...It was a dud here. Yeah we got an absolutely insane amount of rain (Still raining now), but there really wasn't much wind and luckily, no damage around my parts. I am about 45 miles north of Tampa, 10 miles from the gulf, so we were directly in line to get hammered had it been stronger. I am a bit of a storm freak, so I am a bit disappointed it wasn't more exciting, but at the same time I am thankful it wasn't worse as I never want harm to people or property. And also, I don't have a garage, so my cars all sit in the driveway under a couple of massive Florida Live Oaks. Thanks for the concern though man! I hope everyone else in the state fared as well as we did.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 02:50 PM   #31
CPCNY

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, VR ext/Blk Int
Quote:
Looking at the pictures, I feel like I should blackout the remaining chome on the rear of the car...
Here's my crude attempt to visualize what you are stating. The wheels are gloss so I would imagine gloss black would flow better. I'm kind of on the fence between blacking out the bezels and leaving them chrome. Definitely leave the exhaust tips silver. Maybe paint the spoiler gloss black also.
Attached Images

CPCNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 08:18 PM   #32
1JEWLDSSRS

^^^ man that does look pretty cool!! The tail light bezels look great, not too sure about the GFX bezels though, just looks a bit too big to black out, kinda looks like a big hole in the back. Maybe the car color? To give it some flow? Then black out the tips.
Old 07-07-2021, 08:23 PM   #33
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Yeah I may try the PlastiDip just to see how I like it. I had considered exactly what you said about doing the exhaust bezels and keeping the tips natural. I will def let you know, I really appreciate that.

As for the storm...It was a dud here. Yeah we got an absolutely insane amount of rain (Still raining now), but there really wasn't much wind and luckily, no damage around my parts. I am about 45 miles north of Tampa, 10 miles from the gulf, so we were directly in line to get hammered had it been stronger. I am a bit of a storm freak, so I am a bit disappointed it wasn't more exciting, but at the same time I am thankful it wasn't worse as I never want harm to people or property. And also, I don't have a garage, so my cars all sit in the driveway under a couple of massive Florida Live Oaks. Thanks for the concern though man! I hope everyone else in the state fared as well as we did.
Cool, anytime bro, just let me know if you want them. Glad you folks made out alright with Elsa, and yea she wasn't very big to begin with, but that is a good thing as nobody needs to have to deal with any damage from these storms. Over here we didn't get anything at all, no rain, no wind or anything. But there is a show tomorrow evening so it will probably rain like crazy!! lol.
Old 07-08-2021, 01:03 PM   #34
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Nice setup, I have the same wheels. They set the car off big time!
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 08:22 PM   #35
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampos View Post
Nice setup, I have the same wheels. They set the car off big time!
Heck yeah they do! Thanks man. I catch myself staring at the car constantly now, especially when I am walking away in parking lots. I love every bit of it. I can't believe I waited this long.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 03:44 AM   #36
Yellow 1
Grumpy Grey-haired Guy

Drives: Camaro, Corvette & Merc C300(daily)
Looks nice, really changes the car. I fitted some MMR650 rims a couple of months back - I love how she looks now. They're replica 6th gen ZL1 rims.
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2021, 06:26 PM   #37
Brazensol

Drives: 2013 2SS
I have the same wheels on my Rally Yellow 2SS and I must say they looks almost as nice on yours as they do on mine!

Seriously it looks much more aggressive now. Just be prepared for the brake dust!
Brazensol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 02:25 PM   #38
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:

Hey there my brother, I got those tail light bezels back today that I painted matte black and cleared if you want them. They are the OEM ones I took out of my Camaro and sanded, primed and painted, so the fit is good on them. This way you could do a couple "test" fits with them to see if you want them matte, or paint them gloss, without having to buy any!! lol. Cheers my friend!!
Old 07-13-2021, 07:23 PM   #39
floyd haughton

Drives: 2010victoryred2lt
sweet camaro looks great
floyd haughton is offline   Reply With Quote