Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-03-2021, 07:31 PM   #1
Liquidstone

Drives: 2018 ZL11LE
Elite X catch can

]Hey guys hope you all are keeping well and vaccinated. I wanted to share a picture with you guys in case you were wondering about the performance of this particular catch can. Iv had this catch can installed since 2019 and have tracked/dragged race my car a number of times. As well as many trips to Mexico. I routinely empty it during each oil change. As of yesterday June 2nd the supercharger was removed for pully install, upgraded valvetrain and stage 2 cam. I was very impressed with how little blow by there was!!!! I highly recommend this product!!
Attached Images

Liquidstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:26 PM   #2
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Yep, catch cans work.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...ght=catch+cans
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 09:00 PM   #3
Liquidstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post

Damn straight !
Old 06-03-2021, 09:27 PM   #4
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidstone View Post
]Hey guys hope you all are keeping well and vaccinated. I wanted to share a picture with you guys in case you were wondering about the performance of this particular catch can. Iv had this catch can installed since 2019 and have tracked/dragged race my car a number of times. As well as many trips to Mexico. I routinely empty it during each oil change. As of yesterday June 2nd the supercharger was removed for pully install, upgraded valvetrain and stage 2 cam. I was very impressed with how little blow by there was!!!! I highly recommend this product!!
I’d love to do this but the installation intimidates me. I’m not a mechanic, and admittedly a bit of a dumb ass in this regard. Will figure it out though.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:38 PM   #5
Liquidstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupilbone View Post
I’d love to do this but the installation intimidates me. I’m not a mechanic, and admittedly a bit of a dumb ass in this regard. Will figure it out though.
Get you mechanic buddy to come over on the weekend. Grab some beers and pizza, and help him
Old 06-04-2021, 09:24 AM   #6
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
Reminds me that I still need to install my Elite Engineering Ultra catch can... lol.
willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 11:25 AM   #7
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
I have one, and it's a quality product. The mount in the pic was welded underneath so it would not change position. Their mount could have been better. But otherwise, I'm glad I did it. I think it will add a lot of longevity to my car, as I'm keeping it forever.

There is an all-out assault in the media and throughout the popular culture to eliminate all internal combustion cars and go electric.

This is the best and coolest car I will ever own, and I'm going to enjoy it as long as the powers that be don't close down the gas stations.
Attached Images

Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 11:30 AM   #8
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i have one in my garage im putting on in a few weeks but not sure itll fit with my strut bar guess we will find out!
Old 06-04-2021, 01:03 PM   #9
ZX-10R

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Riverside
We hate catch cans here j/k

Install takes maybe three hours first time you do it. Stop making excuses and "get er done"
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 06:28 PM   #10
Chippy
BanHamWatch

Drives: 21 ZL1 1LE
I’m very surprised at how much more blow by there is with this motor compared to my Hellcat. Not to hijack I’m using the MM.
Old 06-04-2021, 09:19 PM   #11
SHE'Z 18

Drives: 18 ZL1 - M6
Hey Guys,
Quick question regarding the Elite X... Do any of you also have a helluva time getting the canister unscrewed once it's been screwed tight for a while? I've got mine mounted on the right side of the engine bay and there's little / no room to get my hands (or any tools) in there to grip and unscrew it. I usually get it hand tight and let it be. However, It's like it draws tighter while in operation. Any others having this issue as well?

Thanks All..
SHE'Z 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 09:27 PM   #12
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHE'Z 18 View Post
Hey Guys,
Quick question regarding the Elite X... Do any of you also have a helluva time getting the canister unscrewed once it's been screwed tight for a while? I've got mine mounted on the right side of the engine bay and there's little / no room to get my hands (or any tools) in there to grip and unscrew it. I usually get it hand tight and let it be. However, It's like it draws tighter while in operation. Any others having this issue as well?

Thanks All..
Yup this happens to me periodically. I just grab a strap wrench If it needs persuasion.

Hey OP thanks for the post. When I get to FI I’ll look into this product.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 12:08 AM   #13
ZX-10R

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Riverside
Elite has a bracket to mount in front, I moved it there and put the intercooler reservoir on the right. I don't unscrew the can, just drain it. Probably a good idea to clean it out once in awhile but not required every oil change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
I’m very surprised at how much more blow by there is with this motor compared to my Hellcat.
How much are you getting?
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 10:01 AM   #14
SHE'Z 18

Drives: 18 ZL1 - M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-10R View Post
Elite has a bracket to mount in front, I moved it there and put the intercooler reservoir on the right. I don't unscrew the can, just drain it. Probably a good idea to clean it out once in awhile but not required every oil change

How much are you getting?
How do you drain it versus unscrewing? Did you install a drain valve? Mine is a sealed canister that only gets emptied by unscrewing and dumping.

Thanks for the heads up on the bracket..
SHE'Z 18 is offline   Reply With Quote