Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 06-02-2021, 09:41 PM   #1
LiqTenExp

Drives: 2017 ZL1
New Clutch - McLeod RTX

Well, I actually didn't need a new clutch but needed to replace rear main seal. BTW I have LS3 front and rear main seals now, supposedly they are more resilient than LT series. So while we were there just did a clutch anyways to save on labor not doing it later. I make 200+whp over stock (new #'s on Saturday) but really had no issues on the street with stock clutch. A sticky track with my new drag radials may have been a different story but can't comment on that now.

Shop (Tune Time Performance) recommended a McLeod RTX clutch. They did clutch, throw out bearing, slave, etc while in there doing the rear main.

McLeod has a long break-in requirement of 500 non-highway miles (aka shifting a lot). I'll tell you what is boring, that 500 mile break-in, nearly was falling asleep driving the car. I complied with the no WOT, no dyno, and minimal highway, borrrring!

Post break-in the clutch pedal feel is a tiny bit heavier than stock but is started to feel modulation wise nearly like the stock clutch. Take up position is favorable, mid to low. I had a little chattering in first during break-in period but that seems to have gone away, thousand miles and it'll be a thing of the past.

Shop did a good job on the clutch, no issues to report. If you are in the NJ area you can check them out: https://tunetimeperformance.com/ I've used them for all my major install work and always have good results. Here is a link to the clutch: https://www.mcleodracing.com/rxt-/p38

Been doing some 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear pulls, feels good! I'd recommend this clutch for someone looking for a 1000 whp capable clutch.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:05 AM   #2
thetastelingers
Master baiter

Drives: 17 NGM ZL1
Thanks for the review!
thetastelingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 09:10 PM   #3
Liquidstone

Drives: 2018 ZL11LE
Nice feedback ��
Liquidstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 07:34 AM   #4