Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-22-2021, 10:54 PM   #15
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future1LEa10 View Post
Just meant to get the others like me that are bummed that we cant be out there washing/waxing/driving/racing our awesome camaros, together and talk about whats going on with us and how we are going to get to our goals.
Washing and waxing? Racing?
Get to our goals?
Old 05-22-2021, 11:11 PM   #16
Future1LEa10
Banned

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
Washing and waxing? Racing?
Get to our goals?

What the funny?
Future1LEa10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 11:28 PM   #17
m6z

Drives: Currently looking
Yeah, the current market sucks for buyers. I'm finally in a good position to buy another fun car and everything is priced like it's gold.

Looked at a 2017 1LE with 10k for $45k..

For that money I'll just order a new one.
m6z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 11:42 PM   #18
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
I wouldn't buy a car this year. Wait for the bubble to pop.
2021 is a seller's market.

Totally agree. If it's a Camaro maybe around Sept if the Chevy dealers get 2022 in they will want to clear their lots of the used.

HOWEVER it might be tough because I'm sure dealers are not going to want to carry a lot of new ones until they sell their used ones. I wouldn't be shocked if the dealers with used ones skimp until they clear them.

Other options are to look into the 400z. It is really going to be beefed up and from the looks of it the 1/4 mile and 0-60 times should be very similar to the SS. Starting price is 39k so not far off from SS pricing.

Mustang GTs can still be got at good prices. One dealer near me has 2020 GT premium left overs on their lot listed for about 5k off on some models.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 06:49 AM   #19
Chrome383Z

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
I’ve been thinking about trading my 19SS for a ZL1 given the high trade in and I get GM emp pricing. However finding one is impossible. I found a black one 500 miles away but that introduces other challenges... my luck it would sell while I’m en route lol.

I’m getting the itch to pop the power train warranty (mods) so I don’t have too long. Figure my trade in will tank after I do that. Haha
Old 05-23-2021, 08:18 AM   #20
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
To the Op, if you really want a ZL1 then hold out and order one when production gets going again because if you buy on impulse a SS or LT1, you will regret not getting what you want! The ZL1 is an awesome Camaro for the money and you will really enjoy it.👍
Old 05-23-2021, 09:20 AM   #21
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Great post , and I find it ironic that some think it’s a good idea for us to take advantage of the market and sell our cars. Nope! May make sense for others, but not for me.
I agree. When I buy a fun car, I buy it with the intent that I am going to lose thousands of dollars on it by the time I sell it. Idc if I can make money by selling it now. If I needed the money from the profit of the sale than I probably shouldn't have bought a fun car in the first place. Now selling it to order a new higher model I totally understand because you are getting a couple extra grand toward the new model. But other than that it does not make sense to sell.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 06:04 PM   #22
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Im not the do gooder of the world. Not saying we should all hold hands, sing songs and hug strangers. I think we are all F-Body enthusiasts, especially Camaros. There will always be a douche bag with their posts. Just think of two things, the pandemic is some serious shit. Hope nobody was affected. A car should be a second concern. We are all in kind of the same crap situation. I ordered a 2SS 1LE in February. It may be built, it may not. I needed a second vehicle and bought a truck the other day (at least a Chevy). Everyones finances are different. If you can buy a car outright, awesome. If you need to finance, do what works for you. This forum is about Camaro's, not being a A-hole. Everyone stay safe and just chill. Later.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 07:11 PM   #23
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
I agree. When I buy a fun car, I buy it with the intent that I am going to lose thousands of dollars on it by the time I sell it. Idc if I can make money by selling it now. If I needed the money from the profit of the sale than I probably shouldn't have bought a fun car in the first place. Now selling it to order a new higher model I totally understand because you are getting a couple extra grand toward the new model. But other than that it does not make sense to sell.

Yea. Only cars that are investments are classics like your muscle cars like GTOs, Hemis, and Stingrays. I've always loved the GTO. THey have gone up in value a lot the last 15 or so years. Again, those are not daily drivers though or practical.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote