Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-19-2021, 09:07 PM   #141
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
Finally decided to give vroom a shot just to see what they would offer. 2018 zl1 a10 51xx miles. They offered 62500. I paid 52k this past nov.

Who would be stupid enough to pay that from Vroom? A regular car dealer would sell that for 60k with that kind of miles on it right now around here. Ones with less miles, way less miles used going for 62-65k around here right now.

means Vroom would ask 70k for that. Why do idiots buy from Carmax, Vroom, Carvana? Their cars usually have higher mileage AND cost more than a dealer which the dealers have ones with lower miles and cheaper.

As someone else posted on here I'm wondering if some of these cars are sold in other countries and they simply just buy them here.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 09:45 PM   #142
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Finally decided to give vroom a shot just to see what they would offer. 2018 zl1 a10 51xx miles. They offered 62500. I paid 52k this past nov.

Just saw a listing from a local chevy dealer. GM Certified 2019 Zl1, under 14,000 miles, automatic and they want only 64k for it and vroom offers you 62,500 for a older one with a lot more miles on it.
Old 05-19-2021, 10:24 PM   #143
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Who would be stupid enough to pay that from Vroom? A regular car dealer would sell that for 60k with that kind of miles on it right now around here. Ones with less miles, way less miles used going for 62-65k around here right now.

means Vroom would ask 70k for that. Why do idiots buy from Carmax, Vroom, Carvana? Their cars usually have higher mileage AND cost more than a dealer which the dealers have ones with lower miles and cheaper.

As someone else posted on here I'm wondering if some of these cars are sold in other countries and they simply just buy them here.
Well you can’ wait until it’s on Vroom and find out.

Last edited by Staves; 05-20-2021 at 07:21 AM.
Staves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 10:36 PM   #144
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
Well you can’t wait until it’s on Vroom and find out.

Figuring profit margin. If it's no haggle I figure 70k at least, maybe even more. The admin cost, freight cost, insurance, etc. factors into profit for Vroom. They're not a regular car dealer that has warranty work and service at their dealers as a major revenue generator. Their money comes from car sales.

I just found it comical last Sept when I was in the market for SS, Scatpack and Mustang GT what places like Carmax was charging for the same car only higher mileage than the local car dealers around me. They wanted at least 3k more for the same year cars with more miles on them.
Old 05-20-2021, 03:45 AM   #145
Chrome383Z

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Vroom offered me $48.5k for my 2019 2SS (2k miles) after GMEP and rebate I paid $42k for it a year ago. ($50k MSRP). If I could find a new ZL1 I’d do it, but I’m worried prices might not ever go down... or Camaro production never catches up and I won’t be able to find one.

I’m seeing markups on new ZL1s over MSRP. Blah
Old 05-20-2021, 07:23 AM   #146
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
I'm sure financially it would make sense, but I like the car to much. Plus I'd be bored as hell without having a "fast" car until this whole thing is over (whenever that may be).

kind of the same thing... wife and I got our house a year ago, paid 402k. Houses r now selling for 575-580k. COULD we sell...sure. but the we would have to rent for some ridiculous price or buy another house at these raised prices. Either way, ill sit on both and enjoy the car. Plus 2019+ redesign sucks
Yep, I'm with ya. Sure I could dumb my car or Tahoe or whatever and make a few bucks... I just have zero interest in trying to make a couple bucks by selling something I love and enjoy. I guess if I were hard up for cash, but making a couple grand to me isn't a life changing event. These places are going to end up stuck with these vehicles. You'd have to be foolish to buy a car right now.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 09:33 AM   #147
sandm

Drives: no more camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
These places are going to end up stuck with these vehicles. You'd have to be foolish to buy a car right now.
it's across all cars/trucks and dealerships will be able to sit on a few that they paid too much for considering they are making BANK right now selling. they won't be hurtin after all this pans out in a few years.

we are picking up our new to us 2020 ss this weekend. we paid 3 or 4k more than we should have for the ride and we know it. however we also just sold our 2020 tige surf boat for 10k more than we paid for it last july. we netted 6k-ish in the bank once done with the sale of the boat and purchase of the SS and 2 or 3 years ago we would not have been that fortunate so depending on what transactions you are completing, there are "deals" out there when comparing to past years.
to just "go out and buy a car" today tho? ya. crazy.
sandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 09:38 AM   #148
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandm View Post
it's across all cars/trucks and dealerships will be able to sit on a few that they paid too much for considering they are making BANK right now selling. they won't be hurtin after all this pans out in a few years.

we are picking up our new to us 2020 ss this weekend. we paid 3 or 4k more than we should have for the ride and we know it. however we also just sold our 2020 tige surf boat for 10k more than we paid for it last july. we netted 6k-ish in the bank once done with the sale of the boat and purchase of the SS and 2 or 3 years ago we would not have been that fortunate so depending on what transactions you are completing, there are "deals" out there when comparing to past years.
to just "go out and buy a car" today tho? ya. crazy.
Ya, if you are selling something right now to then buy something right now, at least you are getting the crazy profit on your sale. Kind of a wash that way.
Old 05-20-2021, 09:42 AM   #149
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
Wow. Vroom offered me $49,400 for my 2020 SS1LE. I paid a little over $42,500 out the dooor for the car late August last year.

Gonna sell it. I like the car but have a C8 Corvette on order and would rather cash out now. I just don’t see how prices can go much higher. We have two other vehicles, one being a 2020 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe that I will just drive this summer with the top and doors off. Will miss the sports car but money talks.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 09:45 AM   #150
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
Wow. Vroom offered me $49,400 for my 2020 SS1LE. I paid a little over $42,500 out the dooor for the car late August last year.

Gonna sell it. I like the car but have a C8 Corvette on order and would rather cash out now. I just don’t see how prices can go much higher. We have two other vehicles, one being a 2020 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe that I will just drive this summer with the top and doors off. Will miss the sports car but money talks.
Ya, the offers being made can sure make it tempting. If I had a C8 on order already, I'd do the same thing. I just checked Vroom again. They are now offering me $4k more then the last estimate. They are offering me $10k more then I paid for it last year. Hmmmm
Old 05-20-2021, 09:57 AM   #151
Thill444

Quote:
Ya, the offers being made can sure make it tempting. If I had a C8 on order already, I'd do the same thing
Yes, it’s a crazy market, I’m patient. My C8 order is supposed to get matched to an allocation in June, I should have the car by September or October. I have not been without a sports car in my driveway for over 20 years, but we are in some crazy times.

I might have to rent a few cars on Turow to tide me over.
Old 05-20-2021, 11:44 AM   #152
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Ya, the offers being made can sure make it tempting. If I had a C8 on order already, I'd do the same thing. I just checked Vroom again. They are now offering me $4k more then the last estimate. They are offering me $10k more then I paid for it last year. Hmmmm

Again, I just have to wonder. That means vroom will list the car at least 6k more than what they paid to buy it from you in order to make a profit. Why do people buy from these places when you can go to a regular car lot and buy the same cars, usually less miles for thousands cheaper than Carmax, carvana, vroom etc.

They run about 4 grand higher than regular car dealers and their cars typically have more miles on them. When i was looking last sept Carmax was a joke how much their cars were listed for compared to local car lots with less miles on them.
Old 05-20-2021, 12:56 PM   #153
Thill444

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Again, I just have to wonder. That means vroom will list the car at least 6k more than what they paid to buy it from you in order to make a profit. Why do people buy from these places when you can go to a regular car lot and buy the same cars, usually less miles for thousands cheaper than Carmax, carvana, vroom etc.

They run about 4 grand higher than regular car dealers and their cars typically have more miles on them. When i was looking last sept Carmax was a joke how much their cars were listed for compared to local car lots with less miles on them.
So I sold my 19 Jeep Wrangler w/18K miles to Vroom for almost $2K more than I paid out the door about a month ago.

When the truck came to load the car, the driver told me it was going to Manheim auction as the destination.

So Vroom was auctioning off the vehicle. I bet they do the same with my 20 Camaro.

Vroom is a startup company with tons of investor capital. I really wonder if they are taking losses just to pump up the number of transactions they are doing to get even more investor capital. Pretty crazy they are going to pay me almost $50K for a used SS1LE!
Old 06-17-2021, 11:29 PM   #154
gchu

Drives: Chevy Camaro
i had Vroom give me, what I thought were crazy offers, on the last 2 cars that I wound up trading in at local dealers.

First was a 2018 Honda Ridgeline I bought new - Vroom offered about $5K more than all the dealers except for the one I ultimately bought my F150 from. It was the cheapest F150 I could find with the options I wanted and the dealer matched the Vroom offer

Similar story with my 2017 1SS Convertible that I bought used 18 months ago - Vroom offered me 40% more than I paid for it... Wound up getting a local dealer to match the Vroom offer for a 2016 1LT C7 M7

Both cases, Vroom offered about 2-3K over Carvana but the local dealers were able to match it... Both times selling me a vehicle at a price lower than what I could find on Vroom...

Can't understand the logic, but it worked for me so who am I to complain LOL
gchu is offline   Reply With Quote