Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 06-27-2019, 11:36 PM   #477
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
X
Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
Track = Mont Tremblant- Quebec, Canada
Elapsed Time= 1.50.175 (COMSCC Class Track Record, & 2nd fastest TT lap @ the event by only .48 sec margin)
Camaro Model = 2016 SS (2/Vert) (Tech scale Wt 3,952 lbs w/driver)
Date= 6/25/19
Tires= Hoosier R7's
Mods= NPP Exhaust ran on Stealth this event, Track Alignment w/camber plates, Motul 600 brake fluid, Hawks (see signature)

*Will get a better screen shot of the official TT results when posted up*

**Also added best practice run time**
Date= 6/24/19
Elapsed Time= 1:51.29
Tires= GY SC3's
Congrats!!!
But...only 1 second delta between R7s and G3s on a 1:50+ lap??? That's very weird...

EDIT2: may i suggest under mods you START the list with: motor, exhaust, tune, suspension, weight reductions, wheels/tires THEN list the others, cause unless folks actually read your signature they may get an impression this is a stock SS Vert (and make my time look like putzing around

Last edited by TrackClub; 06-28-2019 at 09:59 AM.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 12:29 AM   #478
TrackClub

Also, not sure if you (Driven2exceSS) are aware of it, but the owner's manual explicitly says not to track the car under stealth mode. This might be even more of an issue given your various motor mods, headers, etc. Fyi only.
Old 06-28-2019, 09:07 AM   #479
UrbanKnight

Drives: Fastish
Track (which config if applicable)= Sebring International course
Elapsed Time=2:21.7
Camaro Model =18 ZLE
Date=4-20-19
Tires=20 heat cycle hoosier A7's
Mods= Mamo TB, Rotofab intake, Track alignment, Hawk DTC 70/60 pads

https://youtu.be/6FEEA7EXFxM

Car has teens in it with good tires and more seat time for me.

Also
Track (which config if applicable)= FIRM (Starke Fl)
Elapsed Time=1:15.03
Camaro Model =18 ZLE
Date=3-16-19
Tires=Goodyear g3rs with 1800 miles on them
Mods= Mamo TB, Track alignment, Hawk DTC 70/60 pads

https://youtu.be/a2nHwmpVdhY
UrbanKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:01 AM   #480
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
X

Congrats!!!
But...only 1 second delta between R7s and G3s on a 1:50+ lap??? That's very weird...

Thank you!!
Haha Yeah IDK, I may have been pushing the SC3's that much? Or My second lap of the TT I did have a couple wheels off that hurt my overall and may have been the typical 2-3 sec expected?

EDIT2: may i suggest under mods you start the list with: motor, exhaust, tune, suspension, wheels/tires THEN list the others, cause unless folks actually read your signature they may get an impression this is a stock SS Vert (and make my time look like putzing around
I could change my signature at some point... But the way I currently have it, it is listed in chronicle order the things were done (I believe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Also, not sure if you (Driven2exceSS) are aware of it, but the owner's manual explicitly says not to track the car under stealth mode. This might be even more of an issue given your various motor mods, headers, etc. Fyi only.
Interesting, I did not know that (Shame on me!) However, I was in a pickle. Drive, and Money invested in Reg, I would of taken my chances. Anyone have any idea of why this is the case?? And, what potential damage can be done???
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:04 AM   #481
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Interesting, I did not know that (Shame on me!) However, I was in a pickle. Drive, and Money invested in Reg, I would of taken my chances. Anyone have any idea of why this is the case?? And, what potential damage can be done???
Someone posted a picture of a completely melted rear bumper and said it was from all the heat held in when tracking in stealth mode. Not sure what thread.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:08 AM   #482
driven2exceSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
Someone posted a picture of a completely melted rear bumper and said it was from all the heat held in when tracking in stealth mode. Not sure what thread.
Thank you.... If that is it, I believe I survived this oversight
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
Old 06-28-2019, 10:32 AM   #483
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Thank you.... If that is it, I believe I survived this oversight
The question of what might be damaged when using stealth mode at the track has gone unanswered for the last year in this thread:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...php?p=10229793
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 11:05 AM   #484
TrackClub

Quote:
I could change my signature at some point... But the way I currently have it, it is listed in chronicle order the things were done (I believe).

No idea regarding the possible damage, but there must be a reason why GM warns about it. Glad it looks like you came out unscathed (fingers crossed as often one cant see what happens in a motor right away).

As far as the mods...not suggesting you change your sig but rather be more explicit when listing mods for the benefit of Provoste, who is already doing one hell of a nice job posting all of this lap info without him having to hunt for extra relative info elsewhere - and so the readers have a good idea of what a car is all about while reading his posts.

When i saw your post i was scratching my head thinking how on earth could an SS Vert (which stock weighs about 200lb extra) be 2 seconds faster than my 1LE on the same tires? Then i read your signature lol!

So, say if i had a blower on my car and took 200lb out of it, yet posted my mods (in the fast laps thread here) as brake fluid and alignment only...what would you think of it?

You get my drift here, dont ya?
Old 06-28-2019, 01:32 PM   #485
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
There's too much there to sift through at a glance, and the font size is too small for easy reading - harder for some of us even at 150% zoom on a 17" screen with reading glasses. I can't imagine trying to read it on a phone.

Given that the majority of your latest 100 or so posts seem to be performance-oriented, and that most of those are road course related perhaps just mentioning the more important parts (vendor names optional) for the performance things and leaving a catch-all category like "misc other stuff" for the rest would be more useful.

Constructively intended . . .

Norm
Old 06-28-2019, 06:51 PM   #486
TrackClub

Well Norm, I think your note was very constructive, albeit what folks put into their sigs is one thing and what they report in this thread as "mods" is quite another.

If folks cant tell between "go fast" mods vs "banal" ones like "alignment" and "brake fluid", then maybe we need to help them with more detailed definitions, such as:

Engine mods
Exhaust mods
Suspension mods
Aero mods
Weight reduction mods
And tires

The rest really doesn't matter much - imo - and is representative of individual choices that we make as drivers.

But, bottom line, Provoste is in charge here, as he has started this thread and graciously continues to update it. Hence i will leave it up to him how best to manage it. And i will be fine with whatever he decides btw.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:03 AM   #487
driven2exceSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
The question of what might be damaged when using stealth mode at the track has gone unanswered for the last year in this thread:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...php?p=10229793
Thank you, hope that we all get a solid answer on this sometime.

***Sorry Provoste for cluttering up the thread Sir***
Old 07-02-2019, 08:29 AM   #488
Ichabod

Drives: 2018 zl1 1LE
Track (which config if applicable)= NJMP Thunderbolt
Elapsed Time= 1:31.131
Camaro Model = ZL1 1LE
Date= 6/11/19
Tires=OE goodyear
Mods= Alignment + SRF

First track day driving very conservatively in this car and already ~2 seconds faster than my SS.
Skip to 4:50
2017 Ram 1500
Ichabod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 02:19 PM   #489
Osbornsm

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Grattan Raceway
Belding, MI
12-turn / 1.88 miles

Camaro SS 1LE + pads and fluid

Hot lap of the day = 1:30.48

Mods: Rotofab, Nick Williams 103mm TB, MSD IM, Kooks 1 7/8
Results: 470 hp / 447 tq
Osbornsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:38 PM   #490
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Beat my Nelson Ledges top time by just over a second at the SCCA regional Time Trials this weekend. Took P1 overall out of 52 cars and Ls6Larry took P2 overall. Video now posted.

Track = Nelson Ledges
Elapsed Time=1:11.218
Camaro Model = 1SS
Date= 6/29/19
Tires= Very worn G3s, corded the front by the end of the day
Mods=2300 Supercharger, MRR 017s, BMR adjustable sway bars, BMR cradle lockout, Hooker Blackheart Race catback exhaust, C7 Carbon ZLE wing, track alignment, SRF, PSTD pads
https://neohioscca.com/2019-time-trials-results/

Track addict was being generous with the time and I posted my official transponder time. I think it was so far off because i put the phone in airplane mode to block any notifications coming in. You can clearly see it doesn't start and stop in the same place.
Attached Images

Last edited by TheRealJA105; 08-02-2019 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Added Video & official timing link
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote