Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-29-2015, 12:59 AM   #15
Captain Canada

Drives: 15 Wrangler Rubicon, soon 16 2SS
I'm getting the Hyper Blue with white rally stripes, bright silver split 5 spoke aluminum rims and ceramic interior. Saw pics of a blue and white one on here and it looks amazing. Would actually love to see more of that car. Hint hint if the owner is reading.
Captain Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 05:14 AM   #16
ScratchAce

Drives: 2SS - Hyper Blue/Ceramic White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factorypilot View Post
Anyone like this? Just curious:

Love that look!

ScratchAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 05:16 AM   #17
ScratchAce

Drives: 2SS - Hyper Blue/Ceramic White
From your three choices, #3 is what I would choose.

I think that hyper blue with black stripes would look awesome though.

ScratchAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 05:41 AM   #18
priusowners

Drives: 67LincolnConv 71Cuda 65CorvairConv
Really wanted the drop top in white w red rally--so cool how the tonneau cover is striped too in the build page
BUT
couldn't wait so got a sunroofed coupe
(killed me to ruin the reverse-mohawk roof tho,
& now I see the SR opens over the roof--yuck--too late, my blue velvet c white rally's
been ordered for a month, I'll still love her)
SO
I'd go for the white w red rally--enjoy your ride!
priusowners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:47 AM   #19
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Damn you guys have this a hard one. I've narrowed it down to the blue and white and the grey with red hash marks, but can't make up my mind. It's driving me nuts.

A couple things I should add...going with the front fascia extension and I'm going to be 41 soon. I've always lusted after a blue and white striped car since seeing the vipers you mentioned and the old grand sport corvettes in that combo (and being born Greek), but I'm afraid that I'll regret it after a year.

Also, definitely going black rims. It's 100x's easier to sell a car with black rims over chrome nowadays and I've already got a black charger with chrome American Racing wheels. I'm going to upgrade the rims down the road anyway.
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:51 AM   #20
E-Ray

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Nightfall Grey
#4 grey with black stripes, but since you didn't option for that choice,
#3 blue with white stripes.
E-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:59 AM   #21
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
Blue Velvet w/ Silver Stripes?

I looked at this exact color combo myself on the configurator. I have no clue what I am going to order once I pull the trigger. Besides the choice above I am also thinking:

Summit White with black center stripe, black split spoke wheels, white interior

Mosaic black, no stripes, black split spoke wheels or red line wheels, white interior

NFG metallic, kalahari interior, machined grey face wheels

Blue Velvet, machined grey face wheels, kalahari interior

ETC.......
I was in love with that blue velvet and almost ordered a vette with it until I found it's been canceled for the Corvette. You'll have to come to terms with dark blues and blacks showing every scratch and dirt exponentially over other colors. Take it from someone with a black car already...it's a PITA and it gets hot hell in summer if you leave it parked outside somewhere. My current car has remote start and cooled seats as well, but you're not going to be able to start it and let it cool off all the time.

Also, I would seriously consider the front fascia extender option. On chevy's site when you're doing build and price, go to "overview" and click on "grills". It looks so much better IMO...all personal preference though.
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:23 AM   #22
AN0NYM0US

Drives: .
I'd personally go with black exterior/red interior...but out of your choices I'd pick the 3rd option...
AN0NYM0US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:40 AM   #23
Factorypilot

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
I was in love with that blue velvet and almost ordered a vette with it until I found it's been canceled for the Corvette. You'll have to come to terms with dark blues and blacks showing every scratch and dirt exponentially over other colors. Take it from someone with a black car already...it's a PITA and it gets hot hell in summer if you leave it parked outside somewhere. My current car has remote start and cooled seats as well, but you're not going to be able to start it and let it cool off all the time.

Also, I would seriously consider the front fascia extender option. On chevy's site when you're doing build and price, go to "overview" and click on "grills". It looks so much better IMO...all personal preference though.
Good call - thanks
Factorypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 12:12 PM   #24
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Damn you guys have this a hard one. I've narrowed it down to the blue and white and the grey with red hash marks, but can't make up my mind. It's driving me nuts.

A couple things I should add...going with the front fascia extension and I'm going to be 41 soon. I've always lusted after a blue and white striped car since seeing the vipers you mentioned and the old grand sport corvettes in that combo (and being born Greek), but I'm afraid that I'll regret it after a year.

Also, definitely going black rims. It's 100x's easier to sell a car with black rims over chrome nowadays and I've already got a black charger with chrome American Racing wheels. I'm going to upgrade the rims down the road anyway.
If you want to stand out get the blue with white, it is a show stopping color for sure. If you want something sleek and aggressive I would get the gray with the hash mark. Its a mean looking combo in my opinion.

Kayla L.
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 12:20 PM   #25
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Its up to you, they all look good IMO.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 12:34 PM   #26
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Been a busy day car shopping and researching my 2SS, but I'm down to my final decision on the color combo. What do you guys think?

1) Grey w/red hash marks, black 5-spoke wheels (w/Brembos) and ceramic white interior

or

2) White w/red rally stripes, (same wheels and interior)

or

3) Hyper Blue w/white rally stripes, (same wheels and interior)

This is so much harder than picking options!
You asked for opinions so here it goes. And as an owner of a vehicle that has white interior I hope this helps. White gets dirty fast, no matter what you do be prepared to clean this interior a lot. if you're going to drive this thing everyday I would strongly reconsider white especially if you wear jeans a lot. White interior is very high maintenance.

1. This color combo sounds a little bit busy. Grey car, red accents, black wheels, and then white interior....That to me sounds like it was just tossed together. Especially the white interior with the red hash marks, if it was the red interior this would be my top choice, or if you lost the red has marks all together.

Grey exterior and white interior is what I have on my focus (i know no where near as cool as a Camaro lol) but it looks killer when it is clean. The white offers a good contrast to the dark exterior. This is also the only color I think the black wheels are acceptable on as I am not a fan of black wheels but on this color they do look pretty good.

2. White with the red stripes sounds like a winner to me but not with the white interior, that IMO is just a bit much and again black wheels on a white car meh. to me that makes the wheels always look like they are covered in brake dust or are dirty or are cheap looking.

3. Hyper blue, white stripes, white interior is what I like best out of what you listed exactly how you listed it. - the wheels lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 01:38 PM   #27
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIN R G View Post
Well you asked so here goes. I say #2 or #3 but please don't ruin them by putting black wheels on them. However, it is your car so get what you want!
I love black wheels on a performance car...

to each their own.