Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 04-03-2015, 07:17 PM   #71
forzasteve

Drives: Love any sports cars
My supplier for the custom printed circuit boards has finished making my test samples and I will be live testing the 3-way controller soon.

If there is anyone in Phoenix, AZ area with a Gen5 Camaro that has the factory NPP option (dual mode exhaust) ... if you would like a free 3-way controller ... send me a PM. I would like to be able to test the device on at least two vehicles.

Thanks,

Best regards,
forzasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:35 PM   #72
2NASSTY

Drives: 2014 M6 ZL1
Great news Steve. Do you have rough idea when your product will be done with testing and ready for sale. Cat-less 2" Kooks were ordered last week. Will be getting louder soon. Thanks
06' LeMans Blue Metallic Z06, 11.726 at 127.80 MPH Motor - SOLD.
96' Impala SS LTx, 11.397 at 118.10 MPH Motor, 1st stage 10.526 at 127.46 MPH
2NASSTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:43 PM   #73
d00mz

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
I'm also in for a 3 way controller when they're ready. My recent mods make my ZL1 much louder.

The wireless capability is what sells it for me. Please keep us informed, I'm ready to order!

2020 ZL1 Convertible in Shock

-Bone stock (for now)

2017 ZL1 Convertible in Hyper Metallic Blue (sold)
-stock

2014 ZL1 Convertible in Red Hot (sold)
-Roto Fab Cold Air Intake with larger HX Rez
-2.5inch upper pulley, solid isolator
-Ported Blower Snout
-ARH 2 inch headers and longflow off-road pipes
-1000cc fuel injectors
-NGK TR71X plugs
-Catch Can
-Dyno tuned to 600RWHP
-All work done by Advanced Modern Performance
d00mz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:34 PM   #74
forzasteve

Thank you all for your interest in the 3-way controller. I don't want to keep you all in dark and feel it right that I update you all on the status ...

I will be receiving my test samples of the internal printed circuit board this week sometime. Once I get the sample, I need to perform some bench testing to make sure it meets design spec. I should be able to perform my bench testing next week sometime.

Following my bench testing, I need to perform some testing on vehicles to make sure it installs easily and performs as designed in the actual vehicle. This will take one to two weeks.

My next activity is that we have a family vacation planned. I will be out of pocket for doing additional testing / proofing until I return. Bad timing on my part ... but family has to come first.

Assuming all testing goes as planned ... and, I do not have any reason to think otherwise ... I should be ready to release in the second half of May.

I feel badly keeping your guys on the end of string, but I don't want to rush the testing and I need to take the time to go on this planned trip with my family.

As I have more details from my testing, I will post an update.

Best regards,

Steve
Old 04-13-2015, 11:32 PM   #75
forzasteve

Here is an update on the Forza 3-Way Controller ...

Thanks to Ray ... a local Camaro enthusiast here in the Phoenix area ... I have been able to install the prototype in his gorgeous Z-28.

Ray was kind enough to let me use his Camaro as a test bed for the 3-Way Controller and I am very pleased to report that the test was very successful. Ray's Z-28 now has the controller installed and the last report was that he is very pleased with the results. All 3 Ways are fully functional (1. Normal Mode, 2. Always Open, 3. Always Closed) Ray tells me he was playing with the remote key fob all the way home.

As I stated earlier, it is 100% plug and play. No splicing of wires ... no cutting of wires. I love it when things go according to plan.

OK ...now for some details of getting these bad boys ready for sale. As I stated in my last post, I am going on a family vacation in a couple of weeks, so it will be mid May before I can offer these 3-Way controllers. I will keep you all posted.

Regards,

Steve
Old 04-14-2015, 04:54 PM   #76
forzasteve

Prototyping and testing has been completed of the new Forza 3-Way Exhaust Controller for Camaro and Corvette C6 with the factory NPP (aka Dual Mode) Exhaust Option. The 3-Way controller provides three modes of operation for your NPP exhaust:
1. Normal Mode ... this is factory mode and the ECU controls the exhaust bypass valves.
2. Always Open ... forces bypass valves to open position at all times
3. Always Closed ... forces bypass valves to closed position at all times

Based on feedback I received from several members here on the Camaro5 Forum, I will be adding this controller to the Dual Mode Controller that was announced last month. I am very pleased with the way this has turned out. I think you will agree from the attached photos that the quality is outstanding. I have not yet set the price, but it will be less than $200.

I have used high quality components to assure the buyer high reliability. I designed the internal printed circuit board to be task specific. The PCB is manufactured by a company specializing in RF remote control communications. The wiring harness is constructed of automotive grade cabling. It is 18AWG stranded conductors. The cabling is water and oil resistant and rated 221 deg F.

You will see in the photos installation of the controller. The wiring harness that will be included with the kit, connects to the vacuum solenoid valve as you can see in the photos. This is true plug and play. As you can see, no wire splicing, no wire cutting. The kit includes everything you need to install. There are installation accessories included in the kit (3M Dual Lock Mounting Strips, cable ties, etc. which are not shown in the photos).

A key feature of the Forza Controller is the ability to use either the included remote control transmitter or a manual on/off switch that you could mount in the passenger compartment (e.g., center console). This is unique to Forza. No other controller offers this.

The photos you see here are of the prototype. I need to ramp up now with manufacturing and the product will be ready for sale in the second half of May.

[Edit ... This info not on the web site yet, but you can see the Dual Mode Controller there ... http://www.forzacomponenti.com/ ]

I wish to extend my gratitude to Ray here in the Phoenix, Arizona area for graciously allowing me to install this prototype on his magnificent 2015 Z28

Best regards,

Steve
Attached Images

Last edited by forzasteve; 04-15-2015 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:17 PM   #77
dcpatters

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
I'm ready for this.
dcpatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:01 PM   #78
d00mz

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Jeez, I gotta wait until May?! :P

2020 ZL1 Convertible in Shock

-Bone stock (for now)

2017 ZL1 Convertible in Hyper Metallic Blue (sold)
-stock

2014 ZL1 Convertible in Red Hot (sold)
-Roto Fab Cold Air Intake with larger HX Rez
-2.5inch upper pulley, solid isolator
-Ported Blower Snout
-ARH 2 inch headers and longflow off-road pipes
-1000cc fuel injectors
-NGK TR71X plugs
-Catch Can
-Dyno tuned to 600RWHP
-All work done by Advanced Modern Performance
d00mz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 03:46 PM   #79
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by d00mz View Post
Jeez, I gotta wait until May?! :P
Well look at it this way. Unlike the mythical, folklore stories you may hear about these lengendary intake manifolds that might make it to fruition one day in the not so distant future.....

The creator of the Forza 3-way controller I'm willing to bet, will meet its target date in short order
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 03:54 PM   #80
forzasteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Well look at it this way. Unlike the mythical, folklore stories you may hear about these lengendary intake manifolds that might make it to fruition one day in the not so distant future.....

The creator of the Forza 3-way controller I'm willing to bet, will meet its target date in short order
I leave for vacation for 3 weeks end of this month. All my parts are on order and I hope, indeed, to meet the target date ... by end of May.

Best regards,

Steve
Old 05-22-2015, 07:46 AM   #81
forzasteve

The Forza 3-Way Controller is available for immediate ship.

You can see more info here ... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404314

Or you can go to the Forza Web Site for complete details and ordering info ... http://www.forzacomponenti.com/

Thanks to all of you for your input and feedback.

Best regards,

Steve
Old 05-22-2015, 05:39 PM   #82
dcpatters

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzasteve View Post
The Forza 3-Way Controller is available for immediate ship.

You can see more info here ... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404314

Or you can go to the Forza Web Site for complete details and ordering info ... http://www.forzacomponenti.com/

Thanks to all of you for your input and feedback.

Best regards,

Steve
Thank you Sir.
dcpatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:38 PM   #83
NW Sam

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Garnet Red
Is there a Camaro5 discount? Thanks, Sam.
NW Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:35 PM   #84
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Sam View Post
Is there a Camaro5 discount? Thanks, Sam.
+1?

:cigarette:
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote