Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 11-21-2021, 02:35 PM   #29
friendlyglenns

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
2 cars...2018. 1 original and 3 crates...3rd motor just installed this past week...2021 w/10 speed auto...2300 miles on original and crate replacement caught on fire due to bad install at HAIK Chevrolet Houston...I have a feeling that the freeze/power outage might have disrupted the install being that the dealer was shut down for at least a week...I will say they got to the repair quickly and the correspondence and all my inquiries into the status of the repair by me were almost always immediate...glenn
friendlyglenns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 08:50 PM   #30
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Gottta say, I've been on this forum for 1.5 yrs and other than the valve spring issue last year where there were maybe 5 new owners who posted being affected, I haven't seen many posts about people losing engines, let alone multiple engines like you guys are posting here in the last week. I track mine, so am understandably concerned about my engine blowing.

What gives? I'm glad GM is sticking behind their warrantee, but if I was losing engines at the rate you seem to be, I'd be really worried that I'd lose one not too long after the car goes beyond power-train warrantee period.

Are you planning to get rid of it before the power-train warrantee expires?
Have you tried to figure out what the cause might be?
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 02:37 AM   #31
1lE_1LE

Drives: '21 M6 1SS 1LE
Does anyone have proof that there actually IS a track warranty? The manuals aren’t specific enough, and you can’t take car and driver’s words to a dealer and say here look at this. I’ve brought this issue up with my service manager and he’s adamantly claiming if I walk in with a blown motor and he tells GM I blew it up on track they’ll deny it. He even told me my car was flagged for abuse for needing an alignment and a tire replaced under 5k miles (I live in chicago and shit gets ****ed up quickly here)

OBVIOUSLY a lot of us have no issues with this, but there’s a good amount of us that are. How are you guys opening claims with GM? What are you telling them? How are you dealing with pressure besides just going to a new dealer?
1lE_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 10:27 AM   #32
Coded4SS

Drives: 2020 1SS 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lE_1LE View Post
Does anyone have proof that there actually IS a track warranty? The manuals aren’t specific enough, and you can’t take car and driver’s words to a dealer and say here look at this. I’ve brought this issue up with my service manager and he’s adamantly claiming if I walk in with a blown motor and he tells GM I blew it up on track they’ll deny it. He even told me my car was flagged for abuse for needing an alignment and a tire replaced under 5k miles (I live in chicago and shit gets ****ed up quickly here)

OBVIOUSLY a lot of us have no issues with this, but there’s a good amount of us that are. How are you guys opening claims with GM? What are you telling them? How are you dealing with pressure besides just going to a new dealer?
so far, from what I can tell is that was all hot air from a dealer service guy that didin't want to do the work.

Most people are referencing back to C&D articles and whatnot that reference a GM rep saying its covered under warranty on the track. The manuals are slightly confusing and vague. "racing, Competitive driving". The website sells the 1le as a track car, burnouts on the website etc. It would be one hell of a misrepresentation in marketing. But im just some guy lol
Coded4SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 10:54 AM   #33
Paulie-G

Drives: 2SS 1LE & ZR2
I don't understand.
When I worked at a dealership I was paid 33 & 1/3 % of the shop labor rate.
Warranty work paid the same. The dealer was reimbursed whatever the shop rate was.
Why would they turn down the money?

Two dealers I've taken my truck to are gone. North County GMC and Poway GMC.
I'm sure under president potato head more will close too.
Money keeps the lights on.
Paulie-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 11:20 AM   #34
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coded4SS View Post
so far, from what I can tell is that was all hot air from a dealer service guy that didin't want to do the work.

Most people are referencing back to C&D articles and whatnot that reference a GM rep saying its covered under warranty on the track. The manuals are slightly confusing and vague. "racing, Competitive driving". The website sells the 1le as a track car, burnouts on the website etc. It would be one hell of a misrepresentation in marketing. But im just some guy lol

I'm aware of a full on race car Z/28, other than the stock engine, that had the engine replaced under warranty at "our" dealership.
Old 12-04-2021, 06:58 AM   #35
Rich J

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Manual
Anyone know a dealer in the DC area with a track friendly service department?
Rich J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 12:43 PM   #36
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
What would it have cost to put a dry sump in the 1LE option package? Seams to me it wouldn't cost GM more than 2 or 3 hundred to do it . The 1LE package is $7000.00, so if they charged $7500.00 for it with a dry sump no one would complain . These cars can pull 1.2 g with a track alignment . The bean counters over at GM are stopping the SS 1LE from being a world class sports car .
Old 12-05-2021, 01:35 PM   #37
Midblues

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2019 Turbo 4 LT 6sp
Sorry but a throw out bearing will not be covered due to wear item Unless you can prove some thing else is causing it which may be a weak s clutch slave cylinder. I would change that out while you are doing throw out bearing its fairly cheap part and can upgrade to a better one external of transmission . Especially if you track car. Just another reason tracking these cars are not cheap but fun.
Midblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 07:13 AM   #38
nasbagoat

Drives: 17 SW 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich J View Post
Criswell Chevy in Gaithersburg
Technician : Luke
Advisor: Dina

Luke does a good track alignment too.
nasbagoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 01:51 PM   #39
JD_

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE in Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich J View Post
Don't know if its closer, but I know the Chevy dealer in Fredericksburg has covered the 1LE for an on track blown motor. Their towtruck driver picked the car up from Dominion Raceway paddock.
JD_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 04:17 PM   #40
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midblues View Post
Sorry but a throw out bearing will not be covered due to wear item Unless you can prove some thing else is causing it which may be a weak s clutch slave cylinder. I would change that out while you are doing throw out bearing its fairly cheap part and can upgrade to a better one external of transmission . Especially if you track car. Just another reason tracking these cars are not cheap but fun.

You would be wrong, Throw out has been covered many times under the B2B back when GM only offered the 3yr/36K warranty from the factory. It has also been covered under the 5yr/100k and the now 5yr/60k warranty as well. It is a part of the drivetrain and is covered under such warranty.

The throw out bearing is not really a wear item in the sense of say the brake pads or clutch disc. Even still GM covers the brake pads and clutch disc for the 1st year or 12k miles.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 05:14 PM   #41
Uncle Sam

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_ View Post
Don't know if its closer, but I know the Chevy dealer in Fredericksburg has covered the 1LE for an on track blown motor. Their towtruck driver picked the car up from Dominion Raceway paddock.
Criswell did my track alignment correctly and it held spec very nicely.

They fixed a collapsed lifter, head off, under warranty. This was after a track day.
Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote