Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 03-07-2024, 07:01 AM   #1
E75

Drives: Challenger R/T
Door window not touching?

Hi guys. Last few days I noticed the driver side window had some wind noise on the highway. Yesterday on thy way home I noticed it getting worse.

After I got it in the garage I noticed the driver-side window is cocked out, to the point it does not even touch the rubber seal in back... anybody ever had this before? I added pics with the passenger side for reference...
Attached Images

E75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 03:18 PM   #2
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Looks like the window didn't index, I've had it happen once where the door opens but the window doesn't crack open like it should. Try disconnecting your battery and reconnect to reindex the windows (follow instructions on cluster after reconnecting battery)
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 06:32 PM   #3
E75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
Looks like the window didn't index, I've had it happen once where the door opens but the window doesn't crack open like it should. Try disconnecting your battery and reconnect to reindex the windows (follow instructions on cluster after reconnecting battery)

Thanks for the reply! I gave up researching how to fix it myself and made an appt. at the dealer next week to drop it off. The car only has just under 1000 miles - hopefully they take care of it for free...

I don't think this is the issue though, because the window still goes down a half inch or so when I pull the door handle. And it goes back up to the position shown in the pic. Also, I noticed wind noise getting progressively worse over the last week or so. I was actually about to post asking how much wind noise is normal before I saw this...

On my old third-gen firebird, the door glass had multiple adjustments for every possible dimension. One of them controlled how far the glass "leaned in" so to speak or how hard it would press on the t-top seal when the door was closed with the window up. I'm hoping this 6th gen has some similar bolt that maybe they forgot to tighten enough at the factory. But even the black plastic triangle piece at the front of the window is cocked out a little away from the a-pillar seal.
Old 03-09-2024, 06:15 AM   #4
Deacon Blues

Drives: 2024 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by E75 View Post
Thanks for the reply! I gave up researching how to fix it myself and made an appt. at the dealer next week to drop it off. The car only has just under 1000 miles - hopefully they take care of it for free...

I don't think this is the issue though, because the window still goes down a half inch or so when I pull the door handle. And it goes back up to the position shown in the pic. Also, I noticed wind noise getting progressively worse over the last week or so. I was actually about to post asking how much wind noise is normal before I saw this...

On my old third-gen firebird, the door glass had multiple adjustments for every possible dimension. One of them controlled how far the glass "leaned in" so to speak or how hard it would press on the t-top seal when the door was closed with the window up. I'm hoping this 6th gen has some similar bolt that maybe they forgot to tighten enough at the factory. But even the black plastic triangle piece at the front of the window is cocked out a little away from the a-pillar seal.

Mine is *exactly* like this from the factory. I have to take mine in for warranty service when the snow stops falling here in WNY. Maybe we had the same person installing and indexing our windows from the factory

I picked mine up from out of state and honestly didn't notice, especially since the windows drop when you open/close the car doors (newest vehicle in our family, so never had anything that fancy). However, picked up on the wind noise driving, and after the first wash/detail, I noticed it was out of alignment. Hopefully it isn't a major fix, but I am definitely thinking it should be a warranty issue.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 07:41 AM   #5
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
As you guys suspect, this is abnormal, the windows weren't installed correctly. They should lay flat against the seal and index up into the weatherstrip when the door is closed, with zero wind noise while driving. Hope y'all can get it fixed properly at the dealership.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 07:51 AM   #6
Deacon Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
As you guys suspect, this is abnormal, the windows weren't installed correctly. They should lay flat against the seal and index up into the weatherstrip when the door is closed, with zero wind noise while driving. Hope y'all can get it fixed properly at the dealership.

Thanks, glad that this isn't the norm. My plan is to have them fix it when I drop it off for the NYS inspection. Hopefully soon, I'm tired of seeing it in the garage with the cover on and not being able to drive it.
Old 03-09-2024, 03:05 PM   #7
E75

I was on the fence about trying to fix it myself, but decided if someone’s gonna break all the little clips behind the door panel I’d rather it be them so I can take it back later if it rattles…
Old 03-09-2024, 04:18 PM   #8
Deacon Blues

Quote:
I was on the fence about trying to fix it myself, but decided if someone’s gonna break all the little clips behind the door panel I’d rather it be them so I can take it back later if it rattles…

Can you please keep me posted on the warranty repair details, especially work order numbers? I'm about a month or give or take before I can get mine to the dealer, so if I can provide them with more details I would really appreciate it.
Old 04-11-2024, 09:17 AM   #9
keep_hope_alive
Electrical Engineer

Drives: 2023 1SS A10 Black
Quote:
Any update? Keeping the responsibility on the Dealer is the right move here.

1100: 5/3/22 . . . . . . . 2000: 6/25/22 . . . . . .4000: 8/17/22 . . . . . . . 6000: 9/10/22

Daily Driver mileage update: 22k mi. @ April 2024
New Engine @ 22,600

Build Log: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...6#post11353116
keep_hope_alive is offline   Reply With Quote