Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

AWE Tuning

Old 05-29-2023, 09:41 PM   #57
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
Thank you capricio. I could splice into the crankcase to intake tube line and install a occ. Or Tracy Lewis sells a occ package that goes from crankcase to occ to intake manifold. You have to tap into the intake manifold. The cam cover fittings are drilled out , I guess they have a valve in them, and the lines go to the intake tube like factory. The package ads a oil fill cap that has a tube that goes to the intake tube where the factory crankcase tube went. Seems like Tacy Lewis wants the lgx to have more pressure relief. I have had oil seep out of the oil fill cap when oil was put to full on dip stick.
Old 09-01-2023, 11:23 AM   #58
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Mine runs 30# manifold pressure and barely a drop in the CC. Maybe a tbp. every few months. You're doing something wrong
I think it depends on the engine. Mine was bone stock and brand new and after only 4000 miles the entire intake system was drenched. Got a MM can and after another 7000 miles pulled it apart (while currently doing Jannetty's 125 package with an interchiller) and barely a drop in the entire intake system. but have emptied the can twice.
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 04:15 PM   #59
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangkok_ZL1 View Post
I think it depends on the engine. Mine was bone stock and brand new and after only 4000 miles the entire intake system was drenched. Got a MM can and after another 7000 miles pulled it apart (while currently doing Jannetty's 125 package with an interchiller) and barely a drop in the entire intake system. but have emptied the can twice.
Also don’t forget because your engine was brand new you probably had some blow by during the break in process as well as I did. Once everything seats and all is good you will get less build up into the supercharger. I installed one irregardless, anything is better than nothing preventing unwanted stuff going in the intake.
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote