Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #99
Seer

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOGGS-LS3-1LE View Post
And that is on a drag strip. If you haven't noticed these cars can turn now too...we used to judge pony cars based on straight line performance but times have changed.
If you read above the question was concerning drag racing.
Seer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #100
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
I don't get it. Big Al slammed the 4 saying the Camaro is a Musclecar. So is he slamming all the V6 owners who didn't pony up for a V8?
Seems like he's saying what we've been saying: Camaros are supposed to be performance cars, not economical cars, not sedans, not station wagons, not minivans. What's the point of changing the Camaro to be a Camry? Just build a Camry instead.

Quote:
Also, the new Camaro, especially the ZL1 with the magic magnetic ride has shown it's more than a muscle car, it's a true sports car. I'm sorry, but this kind of narrow thinking could again lead to the demise of the Camaro.
Who's thinking narrow? You guys seem to think the Camaro must have a 4 cylinder engine because Ford is doing it.

Quote:
Go after the Germans all you want but if Ford and Chevy don't keep their halo coupes playing in the same arena how will they continue to push each other and together present American coupes as real global enthusiast cars? I like the Camaro, and the Vette, and new Caddy's and the amazing things GM engineers and designers do, but I worry that GM management has learned very little from the bailout.
They seem to have learned something, namely to make cars people want to buy. What you should be worried about is that Ford apparently didn't learn their lesson with the Mustang 2, and so they are going to repeat that effort.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #101
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Thought you were talking straightaways ( drag races), not road courses????
At first , I was talking about road courses. But ( seer ) made it seem like the mustang can only lose at a road course and only one in the real world .

Last edited by Q'smuscle; 11-22-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #102
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
Seems like he's saying what we've been saying: Camaros are supposed to be performance cars, not economical cars, not sedans, not station wagons, not minivans. What's the point of changing the Camaro to be a Camry? Just build a Camry instead.

Who's thinking narrow? You guys seem to think the Camaro must have a 4 cylinder engine because Ford is doing it.

They seem to have learned something, namely to make cars people want to buy. What you should be worried about is that Ford apparently didn't learn their lesson with the Mustang 2, and so they are going to repeat that effort.
So again, just so I'm clear, those who bought a V6 Camaro (or V6 Mustang, for that matter) should have bough a Camry instead because the Camaro is a Musclecar, and if you don't want a Camaro Musclecar, you have no right to buy one?!?!!?

Also, I don't think Camaro should have a 4 because Ford is doing it, I think it should have a Turbo 4 to appeal to more, sell more and allow for the Camaro to continue uninterrupted this time. Benefits all, including Mustang and Camaro fanboys (and grrrls).

Mustang II was a sales success BTW. And the Mustang has never stopped production, and Ford was able to find private joey rather than turn to a Government for a bailout, so I'm quite sure they know what people want. I will give it to GM for being the world's largest automaker, but compare the range of offerings required to hold that position. I rather GM make more money, than sell more volume. I'd like to see both GM and Ford continue to do we'll, and I feel the anti $ bias is short-sighted and damaging to the future of the cars we love. There should laws be a V8 option, but without volume there will be no option at all.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #103
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
So again, just so I'm clear, those who bought a V6 Camaro (or V6 Mustang, for that matter) should have bough a Camry instead because the Camaro is a Musclecar, and if you don't want a Camaro Musclecar, you have no right to buy one?!?!!?

Also, I don't think Camaro should have a 4 because Ford is doing it, I think it should have a Turbo 4 to appeal to more, sell more and allow for the Camaro to continue uninterrupted this time. Benefits all, including Mustang and Camaro fanboys (and grrrls).

Mustang II was a sales success BTW. And the Mustang has never stopped production, and Ford was able to find private joey rather than turn to a Government for a bailout, so I'm quite sure they know what people want. I will give it to GM for being the world's largest automaker, but compare the range of offerings required to hold that position. I rather GM make more money, than sell more volume. I'd like to see both GM and Ford continue to do we'll, and I feel the anti $ bias is short-sighted and damaging to the future of the cars we love. There should laws be a V8 option, but without volume there will be no option at all.
Well the V6 is part of the camaro heritage , just like the V8. The mustang and camaros are in high demand because they have a v6 too.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #104
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Sounds like this news hurt some people's feelings, lol. No 4 banger Camaro! Awww!
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #105
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I am glad they have the V6 Camaro, for 3 reasons.
1. I love the Camaro and how it drives, 323 HP is more than adaquate for me and is more than most cars I have owned previously especially my two previous V8 Camaros. But not as much as my 65 Corvette. I can own a great car at almost a economy car price.

2. The high volume of sales the V6 Camaro has allowed cars like the ZL1 and Z28 to be built for those that want that much power and handling ability.

3. Having a V6 model keeps the Camaro a viable member of the Chevy Lineup and if they ever decide there needs to be a 4 cylinder version there will be buyers out there or it will not remain part of the Camaro family for long.

We all drive Camaros, I love every one and I am so happy they have a engine and model that fits about everyone's needs that wants to own a Camaro.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #106
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
^ agree my V6 rules..
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #107
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

No need for a 4 Banger because ppl still gonna buy the car they want. Camaro or mustang.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #108
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:

My dad bought a Mustang II. He also bought a '76 Buick Special with a 110hp V-6. Both cars were complete POS (my dad:"never again will I buy..."). The 70s were an aberration where people were so shell shocked by the economy they gave up on fun stuff.

The Camaro should go big or go home! Explore the 4cyl market with a different rear drive coupe product.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #109
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post

The Camaro should go big or go home!
So maybe they just need to build ZL1s and Z/28s... That kind of thinking will doom the Camaro...
Old 11-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #110
OperativeXIV

Drives: 2012 Summit White 2LT/RS
I'm kinda glad that they are keeping the 4 cylinders out of the Camaro, though I could very easily see them coming out with a production Code 130r around the same time frame as the new Camaro that will fill that niche. I think that would be a far better way to handle the 'lower end' Turbo-4 market than to try to shoehorn such an engine into the Camaro lineup. That's the one thing I've never really liked about the Mustangs is that they are spread way too thin across a huge swath of the market, and I'm glad they're not doing that with the Camaro.

I just had a thoug..*OW*

It's kind of resounding to hear Al talking about the V8's going completely away in the future, though I bet it will probably be 15+ years before they would truly have to do away with V8's. But, by that time wouldn't they probably replace them with.. say.... electric engines that output much higher torque and horsepower? I imagine we'll have the infrastructure and technology to somehow resolve the range issue we'd be worried about with such a car now. This isn't the 70's and 80's, this time as regulations and the public demand more efficient cars, we have the framework laid for alternatives that are just as powerful (if not more) than our V8's, which means that it doesn't necessarily mean the end of muscle cars like it did last time, it just means that they will evolve.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #111
2014v6

Drives: 2014 black 2 LT
One thing im seeing in the articles is they might be thinking of displacement reductions!
TPW 7-22-13(6-14-13)
3300 status 6-28-13
3400 status 7-18-13
3800 status 7-20-13
4200 status On its way home
6000 status 7-31-13 first camaro ever...
Sold 7-5-14.. thank you oshawa assembly
2014v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #112
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...Mr. O has spoken. BTW I see more chicks driving watered down Mustangs by an exponential factor over Camaro's. Just sayin', and if the death knell needs to be sounded....let us die with dignity. We aren't going to follow the lemmings.

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 4 cylinder camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro forum, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 4 cylinder, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation, new camaro