Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-18-2013, 06:38 AM   #57
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Will View Post
Now that I have a family with an 18 month old toddler. My current two seater Corvette may not work so well with the family in mind.

However, while there are back seats in the camaro, there doesn't appear to be a lot of room there. Can you put a car seat, kids, or even an adult in the back seats? I did a search, but the only applicable thread was from 2009.

Any insight people?
I sold my vette when we started having kids for this reason. I have 3 kids now and my two boys go in the back all the time. Installing the car seat is a little more of a pain, but now that they are both in boosters its a sinch. The only thing I do is have them slip there shoes off because they have a tendency to want to put their feet into the seat. It doesn't help that I am around 6'2'' though.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:09 AM   #58
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Hey, all three of these guys could sit back there no problem. I think that one in the center is excited about...the prospect of riding in a Camaro

But in all seriousness the Camaro backseat was a source of contention for us too. It's not so much can you fit someone back there, it's how inconvenient that space is to use with any frequency.

We struggled with our beefy Britax car seat. Once it and the kid were in, it was fine, but the constant in and out through that narrow opening was a PITA. Not to mention the doors on the Camaro are so long it makes it really tough when some asshat parks close to you.

With the occasional adult rider not such a big deal unless the person is claustrophobic.

The solution for us was the CTS-V sedan.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #59
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Thanks everyone, some real informative posts. Anyone who has ever seen the back seats wouldn't put an adult in there for long periods. But I wanted to know if I was kidding myself that the back seat was usable. Apparently it is.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #60
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClossHtx View Post

My son fits in the back fine. Just go to the dealer and try it out and see if its something your comfortable with bcuz some times it is annoying putting them in and out.
Looks like a fit. What child seat is that?
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #61
ClossHtx

Drives: '10 L99. '08 Silverado CC

It's a safety first alpha omega elite. We got it at SAMs
ClossHtx is offline   Reply With Quote