Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-26-2015, 01:30 PM   #1
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Find New Roads: Customize Exhaust Sound

In a couple of the #FNR threads, Fbodfather told the drivers to look into the radio menus to see how to adjust the exhaust. Has anyone tried this while doing their road trips? I haven't read about it yet anywhere, unless I missed it. I'm looking forward to hearing a report. Bahama Todd posted this in the owners manual thread about it: "Yes, page 134 in the manual under Vehicle Personlization > Driving Mode > Engine Sound Management."

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:37 PM   #2
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
In a couple of the #FNR threads, Fbodfather told the drivers to look into the radio menus to see how to adjust the exhaust. Has anyone tried this while doing their road trips? I haven't read about it yet anywhere, unless I missed it. I'm looking forward to hearing a report. Bahama Todd posted this in the owners manual thread about it: "Yes, page 134 in the manual under Vehicle Personlization > Driving Mode > Engine Sound Management."
I believe engine sound management is for the 4 cylinder for the sound to be electronically piped into the cabin. The 6 and 8 pumps real sound from the engine into the cabin. The NPP exhaust can be adjusted by the drive mode selector, tour, sport, track. Track being open all the time, hence having the loudest sound.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:21 PM   #3
Pckrfan795

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey ZL1M6
^ but you can also customize it to be open any any drive mode, i.e, wide open in touring
Pckrfan795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:27 PM   #4
SSport16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pckrfan795 View Post
^ but you can also customize it to be open any any drive mode, i.e, wide open in touring
Yes you are right

Old 10-26-2015, 02:30 PM   #5
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pckrfan795 View Post
Unless you are SSport16. Chevy told me they put a special encryption for him not to be able to change anything!
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:32 PM   #6
SSport16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Unless you are SSport16. Chevy told me they put a special encryption for him not to be able to change anything!
Lol...I actually paid the line workers to add some "extra" customization options, had them add the flame thrower out of the tailpipe option as well!

Old 10-26-2015, 02:37 PM   #7
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
I believe engine sound management is for the 4 cylinder for the sound to be electronically piped into the cabin. The 6 and 8 pumps real sound from the engine into the cabin. The NPP exhaust can be adjusted by the drive mode selector, tour, sport, track. Track being open all the time, hence having the loudest sound.
Fbodfather was addressing people driving on the Find New Roads tour and none of them would have had the four cylinder model. Other discussion makes it sound like the tone can be changed somehow, not just set when the flaps are open. I'm just wanting to find out. The section in the owners manual doesn't specify which model they are talking about, or if it is all models. Scott may have been directing his comments to guys driving the V6.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:29 PM   #8
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Quote:
Quote:
Fbodfather was addressing people driving on the Find New Roads tour and none of them would have had the four cylinder model. Other discussion makes it sound like the tone can be changed somehow, not just set when the flaps are open. I'm just wanting to find out. The section in the owners manual doesn't specify which model they are talking about, or if it is all models. Scott may have been directing his comments to guys driving the V6.
Yes. By changing drive modes you can alter the sound of the exhaust/function of the valves. SNOW/ICE goes to stealth, TOUR goes to tour, SPORT goes to sport and TRACK goes to track.

However, you can via the radio, go to SETTINGS, then I think VEHICLE and then Engine Sound Management. In that screen you can turn the active exhaust (NPP) to AUTO which is when you change drive modes, it changes the NPP operation, or OFF where it leaves the valves open all the time. OFF and TRACK are essentially the same thing except, TRACK drive mode gets you the changed transmission and throttle mapping. OFF lets you have it loud in all the drive modes.

The Engine Sound Management is more or less right out of the Stingray.

Some details from the Stingray:

Quote:
There are four specific exhaust performance modes that result in different behavior of the exhaust tailpipe valves. These modes are:

Weather/Eco Mode: Exhaust tailpipe valves will be closed at all times when the engine is running. SNOW/ICE on CAMARO

Tour Mode: Exhaust tailpipe valves are closed when the engine is idling and during normal/non-aggressive driving. Valves open during aggressive driving.

Sport Mode: Exhaust tailpipe valves are open when the engine is idling and during most driving scenarios.

Track Mode: Exhaust tailpipe valves are open at all times.

It is possible to personalize the exhaust sound. Select the Driving Mode menu and the following will be displayed:

– Exhaust

– Steering

Select Exhaust. This controls how robust or quiet the engine will sound. Select:

– Auto
– Off

When the engine sound enhancement is turned Off via the personalization menu, the exhaust tailpipe valves will be put into track mode no matter which vehicle mode (Weather/Eco, Tour, Sport, or Track) is displayed on the drivers instrument panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:55 PM   #9
SSport16

Quote:
Oh ok...not real sure then what that is. Cool that Scott was pn the tour, wondering if he will be at anynof the other stops.