Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-09-2017, 05:45 PM   #1
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Anyone import into Germany?

Has anyone imported a Camaro into Germany? It looks like I'll be heading that way (after I spend a year in Qatar). I've been told that there's a decibel limit for importing cars... I have a set of Kooks 1 7/8" headers coming, and I'm debating on installing them or leaving it alone. I currently have a Rotofab intake, Borla 60606 midpipe, and my OEM NPP exhaust.

Any suggestions?
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:40 PM   #2
HYPER1LE

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE HBM
Get you a decibel meter reader, measure your noise, and then compare to decibel limit in Germany. If your too loud for the standard now, quiet it down. Also, check on YouTube for videos other Camaro owners have posted to see what there readings are. Finally, there are a few comparison videos on YouTuve as well.
HYPER1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:53 PM   #3
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
While there is a limit I have rarely heard of it being implemented on US spec. They definitely do it for motorcycles as I have almost failed on 3 separate occasions. I "barely" pass is what they tell me. I will tell you this, be super anal about where they place the microphone and how high they rev your RPMs. The regulation is pretty clear about where the mic should be and how high the RPMs should go. Have a print out of that information to show them when they do it wrong because they will likely screw it up.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:16 AM   #4
chrisvr6

Drives: suzuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
Has anyone imported a Camaro into Germany? It looks like I'll be heading that way (after I spend a year in Qatar). I've been told that there's a decibel limit for importing cars... I have a set of Kooks 1 7/8" headers coming, and I'm debating on installing them or leaving it alone. I currently have a Rotofab intake, Borla 60606 midpipe, and my OEM NPP exhaust.

Any suggestions?
ask this guy, http://geigercars.de/

he imports us cars to Germany and sells them, and he can say what you Need
chrisvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:48 AM   #5
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
EU camaro got 93db into it's papers, so I don't think loudness will be a problem for an imported one if you are not that far away from stock. But I would stay away from more mods for the exhaust, than it could really be a problem
samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:48 PM   #6
Smudo

Drives: ZL 1 2018, BMW M4 Comp. 19, Z4 M 06
Some news on it? Geiger Cars will not take care for private Cars. What about Lights, Klimate Media, Tires on it? Which Camaro you have?
Smudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:47 AM   #7
Bradl1982

Drives: 17 Camaro 2SS
I took my 2000 SS to Ramstein, Germany back in 2008. Had a full exhaust with longtubes. The exhaust was not only too loud, it also hung too low because the car was lowered. I ended up getting a new exhaust built while I was there. The inspection sucks and depending on where you go, they might strictly enforce it. Some people have good experiences, some have Hitler himself performing it. My whole experience with that car was just a huge headache. It's easier just to leave it stock and save some money for mods when your tour is over. Your Camaro as it is now will be more than enough fun over there.
Bradl1982 is offline   Reply With Quote