Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-09-2022, 07:39 AM   #1
cjperformance

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
AEM Wideband Capture on Banks Datamonster?

Anyone know if its possible to capture data from an AEM wideband O2 with the OBD II style connector on the banks datamonster? Or is it limited to factory provided pids for logging/display on the Banks?
CircleD 3K Stall | QA1 CF Driveshaft
Forgestar F14 Drag 17x10 NT555R2 305/45/17 Rear
Forgestar F14 18x8 NT555G2 235/50/18 Front
10.84@131 w/4.13" pulley
??.??@??? w/3.7" pulley (installed & tuning)
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 02:43 PM   #2
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjperformance View Post
Anyone know if its possible to capture data from an AEM wideband O2 with the OBD II style connector on the banks datamonster? Or is it limited to factory provided pids for logging/display on the Banks?
I’ve looked into this exact scenario and the quick answer is there seems to be compromises.

I’m going to explain this the way I comprehend it and you come to your own conclusion. Stay with me here.

So Banks offers a B-Bus Expansion module. It appears this module will give you additional sensor inputs. The problem I see is not being able to keep the AEM CAN bus and also having an output signal to the B-Bus expansion module.

This, to me, means you’d have to use an analog WB with the analog adapter from Banks. If that’s true, you’d need the MPVI2 Pro Feature Set for the WB to use AEM’s input analog signal.

I’d think the AEM CAN WB would ideally need an analog output along with the OBDII connector in order to use it with the Banks B-Bus analog input adapter.

Are you looking to be able to log without having your laptop with you?

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 10:46 AM   #3
cjperformance

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Are you looking to be able to log without having your laptop with you?
Thanks for the info. I understood ... and sounds like it's probably more trouble that I'm interested in right at the moment.

As far as logging w/o laptop... Yes and no... I wanted to be able to get *some* kind of wideband logging when I don't have my laptop connected up, but I also know it's not a substitute for logging with HPT for real tuning purposes.

More curiosity than anything.
CircleD 3K Stall | QA1 CF Driveshaft
Forgestar F14 Drag 17x10 NT555R2 305/45/17 Rear
Forgestar F14 18x8 NT555G2 235/50/18 Front
10.84@131 w/4.13" pulley
??.??@??? w/3.7" pulley (installed & tuning)
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 11:32 AM   #4
Trochoidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjperformance View Post
Thanks for the info. I understood ... and sounds like it's probably more trouble that I'm interested in right at the moment.

As far as logging w/o laptop... Yes and no... I wanted to be able to get *some* kind of wideband logging when I don't have my laptop connected up, but I also know it's not a substitute for logging with HPT for real tuning purposes.

More curiosity than anything.
After looking at the pinouts again, I believe I stand corrected. I do see unpopulated outputs in the “A” connector. Even if that means the outputs are there, you’d still have to get the B-Bus components and the input adapter.

I agree, it’s more expense and headache but it would be great if the Banks gauge could just pick this up and record that AFR data.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Old 04-28-2022, 06:42 AM   #5
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
FYi the Haltec WB1 or WB2(dual) worked like a champ for me with the Banks just needed to install a 4 pin DTM connector on the end of the banks gauge wire and plug into the WB1 can bus. The aeromotive is prettier to most people but I really like how you can daisy chain the gauges and i like the pillar gauge to do this vs ac pod or ac extension pod.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 03:10 PM   #6
Trochoidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
FYi the Haltec WB1 or WB2(dual) worked like a champ for me with the Banks just needed to install a 4 pin DTM connector on the end of the banks gauge wire and plug into the WB1 can bus. The aeromotive is prettier to most people but I really like how you can daisy chain the gauges and i like the pillar gauge to do this vs ac pod or ac extension pod.
If I follow your earlier thread right, wouldn’t you need the Haltech ECM to deliver AFR to the Banks gauge?

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=594677