Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-13-2019, 06:03 PM   #15
AdmAnt13

Drives: '16 Red Hot 2SS M6 NPP
So what happened?

'16 2SS, M6, Borla Atak
AdmAnt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:43 PM   #16
B_rad1969

Drives: 2013 2lt
I went back to have the new rim installed that the tech nicked the face on. Inspected the new unmounted rim. Just like the other 4 rims. There is rough paint on the lip of the rim. I emailed Carlos again and haven't heard back. I feel he completely dodged my questions and statements about the paint defects. He keeps claiming it's the installation. Well not on a new rim!!!! SMH.... Rims from 2 different companies have the same defects. If you are thinking about MRR rims just look someplace else. JMO...
And I asked Carlos for his contact information so the shop manager could call him and tell him what the paint defects are. He wouldn't give that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmAnt13 View Post
So what happened?
B_rad1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:44 PM   #17
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc

Drives: camaro
Unfortunately we can not make everyone happy
after tracing paper trail for the wheels purchased it was found that the wheels where from a dealer that had this set in inventory for over 2 months which unfortunately we dont have any QC control over how a product is shipped from a seller. the wheels could have been fitted on other cars for clients to see, they could have been displayed on floor or mishandled by the shop, it could also be a sold set that was returned to them we have no clue.

What we offered and recommended is to contact the shop or dealer that sold the wheels and to request for a return and for a new set to be shipped from our location ( MRR facility ) this way we have full control over what the customer is sent. it was a ebay sale.
MRR wheels douse handle and take care of any issues that come about from our wheels especially if its a cosmetic or structure issue that we shipped out or processed and im sure many of the Camaro forum members have seen or experienced this from our brand.

2nd option, was to simply contact the seller and return the wheels so he can get a full refund ( its a ebay sale this is a option and a must if you received poor wheels or any product)

If the wheels had been purchased through any of our authorized dealers and shipped from our facility we would simply exchange the entire set but to be fair a set with so may issues would have never shipped from our facility.

It was already stated by the customer that he is disappointed with our brand
and our quality. other then going through the steps required so he can obtain a new set from our facility their is just nothing I can do.
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:34 PM   #18
Cherry

Drives: 2017 SS 50th
oof I wonder how many of the posts like this are from people buying on Ebay. Good on y'all for following up though.
Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:03 PM   #19
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
eBay is a terrible place to buy big ticket items… They are a dumping ground for anybody whowants to get rid of anything, especially non authorized dealers like this… No easy answer here… Except don’t buy off eBay. MRR is not the culprit here, the eBay vendor who sold them is.

Carlos: do you sell any of your wheels that don’t make QC to any outside vendors? I doubt you do , but I thought I’d ask.

Last edited by Glen e; 09-16-2019 at 05:14 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:53 PM   #20
B_rad1969

I'm wondering if they sell rims that don't pass QC too. This is a legitimate wheel company in California. I've never had an issue like this with any eBay purchase. And once again Carlos is dodging my statement on why rims from 2 different companies are flawed and the rim from the tire show was ordered from an authorized dealer. The paint isn't sticking! And I'm not talking about a chip from the install. The paint flakes off with my finger nail. It doesn't matter where I purchased these rims from. They simply will not stand by their product and make every excuse as to why it isn't their fault. I offered to have the tire shop manager contact MRR but Carlos declined. Buyer beware! We have over 500 members in our 3 Camaro clubs in Indiana. Guess what rims they won't be buying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
eBay is a terrible place to buy big ticket items… They are a dumping ground for anybody whowants to get rid of anything, especially non authorized dealers like this… No easy answer here… Except don’t buy off eBay. MRR is not the culprit here, the eBay vendor who sold them is.

Carlos: do you sell any of your wheels that don’t make QC to any outside vendors? I doubt you do , but I thought I’d ask.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:10 PM   #21
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post

Oh hell no, that would be a huge liability for us.
not worth it, any wheel that is not up to par go's straight to the melting pile.
I mean imaging we have Camaro customers even in Europe where the the standards are even higher as the wheels need to pass TUV procedures just so that customers can install on the car.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:45 PM   #22
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_rad1969 View Post
I'm wondering if they sell rims that don't pass QC too. This is a legitimate wheel company in California. I've never had an issue like this with any eBay purchase. And once again Carlos is dodging my statement on why rims from 2 different companies are flawed and the rim from the tire show was ordered from an authorized dealer. The paint isn't sticking! And I'm not talking about a chip from the install. The paint flakes off with my finger nail. It doesn't matter where I purchased these rims from. They simply will not stand by their product and make every excuse as to why it isn't their fault. I offered to have the tire shop manager contact MRR but Carlos declined. Buyer beware! We have over 500 members in our 3 Camaro clubs in Indiana. Guess what rims they won't be buying!
Thank you Brad, 500 members in Indiana I would bet if thats true a good high percentage of them already have our wheels and have had a good experience.
what I dont understand is if you received bad wheels from a vendor why is it so hard for you to return them??? especially buying from ebay, its so simple , return them and get your money back. I have no Idea what you want.
my offer still stands.

1. call the shop that sold you the wheels and tell them to send you a new set.
and to be shipped from our facility

2. Call the shop and simply return the set for a full refund.

anyway good luck Brad, I tried but some people prefer attention then actual service, Im here to service and help you along the way to getting what you need but im not here to hug and burp anyone.

this is the last response to this post , if you decide to do what you got to do to get a set thats right please let me know so I can help.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:09 PM   #23
B_rad1969

This is my last post as well on this. The reason I don't just send them back is this. Shipping and mounting. This is the cost I am out to send these back and undo everything. $160 initially to swap my tires, rims and tpms. Another $160 to do it all over again. $250 to ship because I am not a UPS preferred business. I get no discount. Another $160 to redo all this again when I get new rims. 160+160+160+250=$730!!! That's half of what I paid. Not a hard concept to understand why someone would rather have MRR stand behind their product! No reason I should be out $730! Get it? Got it? Good!

Went back to the tire shop and it is the tire pulling the paint off as it goes over the rim. Probably single stage gloss that isn't as durable as the matte finish. Anyways, it's MY problem. Lesson learned. Nobody will stand by their product.

Last edited by B_rad1969; 09-17-2019 at 11:22 AM.