#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 08-23-2019, 08:51 AM   #211
ABQautoxer

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcanuck View Post
Looking forward to hearing how these are working after a few track days and exactly how much camber people are getting when combining some stock adjustment with these. I am looking for -3 degrees which seems possible if you dial -1 with factory setting and -2 with these plates.
-3 should be easy even setting the hub at the min setting given the plates alone can add -2.5 camber.

I install mine next weekend and align it myself. Hoping to have a formula/system so I can swap between -3.5 to -4 for autox and then something like -2.5 for street use and the math on the tie rods to go between which I think is about 1/32" per flat.
ABQautoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:37 PM   #212
Calcanuck

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQautoxer View Post
-3 should be easy even setting the hub at the min setting given the plates alone can add -2.5 camber.

I install mine next weekend and align it myself. Hoping to have a formula/system so I can swap between -3.5 to -4 for autox and then something like -2.5 for street use and the math on the tie rods to go between which I think is about 1/32" per flat.
Cool, I would like to go between -2 and -3 to start. As you figure out your system I would like to hear how you made out. I have been reading about having to adjust toe along with the camber if you switch between different camber settings. Would love to just be able to loosen it, jack it up, adjust it, tighten it and go without messing with toe.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:02 PM   #213
ABQautoxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcanuck View Post
Would love to just be able to loosen it, jack it up, adjust it, tighten it and go without messing with toe.
Unless you DD use is toe in and track/autox toe in slight toe out AND you only change the camber a minor amount like -.5 difference, this isn't likely possible. There is a big toe change when you dial in something like -1.5-2 extra negative camber. I'll let you know but depending how many events you do a year it's not that bad to adjust the toe.
Old 08-31-2019, 02:27 PM   #214
ABQautoxer

Just finished installing my plates on an otherwise stock suspension ZL1. Because my goal is to run 18x11s next year, I set the hub to minimum camber and thus maximum clearance for wheels then maxed out the camber plates. The result was a little bit of a surprised, -2.5 on both sides. This means I'll need to go back in and dial in about -1 more camber than I have now at the hub to hit my -3.5 target. Overall very pleased with the quality and they were quiet on two test drives. I'll follow up. If anyone happens to see this and knows the answer, what's the thread pitch of the bolt you can add to fine tune your hub camber? I'm going to search it now. Found it, 10x1.5 40mm hex head or regular head bolt.
Old 08-31-2019, 05:10 PM   #215
Dixie ZL1
NOXQCES ZL1

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
I’m excited to receive & install them. I plan to set camber at -3 degrees as a baseline for daily driving and track days.
Dixie ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:36 AM   #216
Chevy1LE

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
19SS1LE here and I'm maxed at -2.4 stock. Has anyone got a lot of track events with these at -3.5 or more? Comments on how they are holding up? I'm good with DD -2.5.
How much work at track adjustment from -2.5 to -3.5 and back would be what I'm after.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:12 PM   #217
ABQautoxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy1LE View Post
19SS1LE here and I'm maxed at -2.4 stock. Has anyone got a lot of track events with these at -3.5 or more? Comments on how they are holding up? I'm good with DD -2.5.
How much work at track adjustment from -2.5 to -3.5 and back would be what I'm after.
You can get a lot more if you adjust the camber at the knuckle too.

I just finished playing with my alignment this weekend with the plates. I have it set so at the 4th hashmark from maximum negative setting, I'm at -3.2 with 0 toe. If I max out the plate, I'm at -3.9 with 1/8" of toe out (nice to have that option and settings in between). I still have probably -.6 more negative camber at the knuckle but don't need it. Since my '19 ZL1 has the same suspension as your car, I would assume you could hit similar numbers.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:32 PM   #218
Chevy1LE

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQautoxer View Post
You can get a lot more if you adjust the camber at the knuckle too.

I just finished playing with my alignment this weekend with the plates. I have it set so at the 4th hashmark from maximum negative setting, I'm at -3.2 with 0 toe. If I max out the plate, I'm at -3.9 with 1/8" of toe out (nice to have that option and settings in between). I still have probably -.6 more negative camber at the knuckle but don't need it. Since my '19 ZL1 has the same suspension as your car, I would assume you could hit similar numbers.
That would get me my numbers. Much track time using them?
Old 09-18-2019, 01:18 PM   #219
ABQautoxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy1LE View Post
That would get me my numbers. Much track time using them?
Zero, just about 500 street miles now on them. I'll be doing a two day autox thats a bit higher speed than your normal autox with bumps in 1.5 weeks. So not hammering curbs at 100mph but should give us some indication. Given the construction, I'm not worried about them. I say this having had many sets over various cars I've autocrossed/tracked.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:43 PM   #220
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Still waiting for my ring with the longer studs. I was told today they will ship soon

Last edited by carguy55; 10-18-2019 at 04:49 PM.
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 04:39 PM   #221
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
Still waiting for my ring with the longer studs. Told today that would ship soon
Sorry to hear it's been such a long wait still. Sounds like a positive update though on your shipment. I'd trade my long stud slide plate "ring", and do without the strut brace, for a car that runs above 4,000 rpm on the track!! Waiting for GM/UAW strike to officially end so the dealer can get a transmission wiring harness. In other words, mine has been useless for me for at least three track events
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:34 PM   #222
ABQautoxer

35 autox runs on mine now, holding up strong and noise free with no changes to the adjustments on their own.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:48 PM   #223
BigShow1960
BigShow

Drives: 2017 1 Camaro + Chevy Avalanche
I would like the longer studs too. Are they making them yet? I really don't like how few threads are on the cross bar mounted bolts.
BigShow1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:12 AM   #224
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShow1960 View Post
I would like the longer studs too. Are they making them yet? I really don't like how few threads are on the cross bar mounted bolts.
They ARE making them, although sounds like only a small batch at a time. I would make the effort to call them direct with your concerns.
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote