#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-20-2018, 09:06 AM   #6007
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
I'm with you on the 2.7. It's begging to go into this truck although personally I love the 3.6.
I don't want to see the 3.6 go away either. But there would be no point with the 2.7 if it were made an option. Hard not to be tempted by the 2.7 with its nearly the same HP rating as the 3.6, but having another 60 or 70 (ish) torque.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:58 PM   #6008
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Silverado Medium Duties shipping to dealers.

https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us...lverad-md.html
Old 12-20-2018, 01:57 PM   #6009
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Seeing some early Ranger reviews pop up. General consensus is that it is competitive if not class leading in most categories.

The Colorado refresh and/or 3rd gen should be very interesting within the next few years. Are they going to skip the MCE?
That's good that the reviews are so good for the Ranger. On that "other" site, some of the people that seem well connected made it seem like the Ranger was going to be full of compromises and just good enough. Glad to see the press likes it. As we know competition makes everyone better
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 01:41 PM   #6010
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/12/...-spy-pictures/

2020 Escalade ESV.
Old 12-27-2018, 11:21 AM   #6011
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Geeze, Chevy is getting destroyed.

3rd place (out of three)
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...try-comparison

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 11:28 AM   #6012
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Just saw that Lansing Grand River holiday shutdown is extended to January 14th. Partially due to conversion for upcoming CT5, mostly due to slow sales of everything currently coming out of that plant.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 05:32 PM   #6013
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Geeze, Chevy is getting destroyed.

3rd place (out of three)
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...try-comparison
"A $70,000 kick in the nuts"

Ok, that's pretty funny. And not in a good way.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 07:07 AM   #6014
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
"A $70,000 kick in the nuts"

Ok, that's pretty funny. And not in a good way.
I know right.

I didn't expect the negativity on the driving dynamics. That concerns me more than the bland interior.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 09:58 AM   #6015
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
70K Trucks :

for the Uptown Cowboy in your life.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 10:58 AM   #6016
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
I know right.

I didn't expect the negativity on the driving dynamics. That concerns me more than the bland interior.
I agree. I mean...surely the 2019s don't ride worse than the 2018s right? I could have sworn I read an early article a while back when editors were doing PR drives of the new GM trucks saying the ride in them was decent.

But now I've read a couple of different articles (including the Car and Driver one) that make it sound like the ride in the Silverado is bad, and really bad with the bigger wheels.

Motortrend just named the RAM the truck of the year and had this to say about the GM trucks: https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ram/...k-of-the-year/

Quote:
The coil-spring suspension is better in the Ram than the ride in any of the GM trucks
Forget about the air ride...the traditional spring is still better. I've ridden in the last gen RAM and I thought the ride in that truck was pretty nice on the coil setup also.

I'd like to see a comparison between a Silverado and Sierra in terms of ride comfort. Don't the GMC trucks have optional mag ride? I thought I read that somewhere, that the GMC trucks ride a bit better.

The interior in the GM trucks isn't terrible or anything, but they just didn't move the needle enough, especially in the Denali, and that's a real shame.

Rumor mill says that FCA is developing a new aluminum block engine to replace the current 5.7 and so it would likely reduce weight, and add power (and likely efficiency). That, and there are still spy photos of RAM trucks with camo'd tail gates, which make it seem like they are working on a smart tail-gate of their own. If RAM drops these two things in the RAM next year or year after, it would be an awesome addition to an already awesome truck.
Old 12-31-2018, 11:05 AM   #6017
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Plum Crazy Scat Pack Charger
My Dad,71 years young, bought a 19 Denali. Went with him to make sure it had an A10 and not an A8. Drove the truck 2 days, took it back. 70 grand for a truck that rode worse than his 04 Avalanche which he is back to driving now. Not a Dodge fan but their trucks are nice, really nice.
ChickenPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 11:24 AM   #6018
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I agree. I mean...surely the 2019s don't ride worse than the 2018s right? I could have sworn I read an early article a while back when editors were doing PR drives of the new GM trucks saying the ride in them was decent.

But now I've read a couple of different articles (including the Car and Driver one) that make it sound like the ride in the Silverado is bad, and really bad with the bigger wheels.

Motortrend just named the RAM the truck of the year and had this to say about the GM trucks: https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ram/...k-of-the-year/

Forget about the air ride...the traditional spring is still better. I've ridden in the last gen RAM and I thought the ride in that truck was pretty nice on the coil setup also.

I'd like to see a comparison between a Silverado and Sierra in terms of ride comfort. Don't the GMC trucks have optional mag ride? I thought I read that somewhere, that the GMC trucks ride a bit better.

The interior in the GM trucks isn't terrible or anything, but they just didn't move the needle enough, especially in the Denali, and that's a real shame.

Rumor mill says that FCA is developing a new aluminum block engine to replace the current 5.7 and so it would likely reduce weight, and add power (and likely efficiency). That, and there are still spy photos of RAM trucks with camo'd tail gates, which make it seem like they are working on a smart tail-gate of their own. If RAM drops these two things in the RAM next year or year after, it would be an awesome addition to an already awesome truck.
Yeah, it seems like GM focused too much on stuff like weight savings instead of making the truck as a whole better. They did a great job cutting weight (I think the mostly steel bodied Silverados are as light or a smidge lighter than the 'all aluminum' F150). But unless that translates into more capability or at least a better driving truck or even fuel economy, whats the point?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 11:47 AM   #6019
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:

We get several press cars a week, so I get to drive a lot of cool stuff. I had the opportunity to drive a moderately equipped Silverado Trail Boss 5.3L one week and a moderately equipped Sierra Denali 6.2L with DFM the next week. The drive feel and drive quality of those two “similar” trucks was farther apart than I would have ever imagined. The Sierra Denali rode and performed as I expected. I should have prefaced all of this by stating that I am NOT a pickup guy. If somebody gave me the world’s most awesome-est pickup truck, I would sell it and buy a sports car or a mid-sized luxury crossover. I did not like the Silverado drive quality at all. Way to much body roll and it tended to motorboat over undulations in the pavement. The Sierra Denali was far better behaved.

Quote:
We are forecasting that FCA will introduce an Inline 6 turbo that would overlap, maybe replace the 5.7L Hemi. The 6.4L and 6.2SC would not be impacted. The reason I say overlap is because it very well could be that FCA would use the I6 in some product lines (Jeep products, maybe Charger / Challenger) and the 5.7L in other products (Ram products, maybe Charger / Challenger). The 5.7L will no doubt continue to be a lower cost engine than the new I6, as well as a good step on the pricing ladder to get folks to pay more for a 6.4L or a 6.2SC.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 01:53 PM   #6020
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
I don't have any complaints about the ride in my 2016 Z71 and I can't imagine the 19 being worse. I doubt the 19 rides bad jusf probably not as good as the competition. 2 of my neighbors bought 19 Rams one of them being a limited. Nice looking trucks. I hope that sales don't take a downturn with the Silverado, there's enough of that on the vehicle side.

Tags
fenwickhockey65, gm questions, questions