Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 10-17-2019, 12:50 PM   #15
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Dodge would have to copy Ford and partially Chevy on using all aluminum in all body parts and other composite materials. That would save a lot. The back quarter panel alone are huge.

I know on my 2019 Silverado, Chevy uses all aluminum in moving parts,... doors, tailgate, hood and changed other things and the truck is 450lbs lighter. That is a lot.

Sure suspension needs work, but its main "drag" is weight.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:18 PM   #16
BlueinTN

Drives: gas powered
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro View Post
But the C8 will have suspension adjustment so what is your point?

I understand from your posts you like lots of back and forth but ill try one more time.

SRT vehicles comes with -2 camber sometimes a little more box stock. That is a GREAT spot for wishbone suspension. your dont need ALOT of camber to make the suspension work. You dont want alot of camber.

the whole "there is not adjustment" is just a silly argument. I dont even know where to go with that...yeah you cant but -5 degrees in it with out aftermarket arms but you really dont want to unless you like the "slammed" look.

if you want to debate Short arm long arm vs McPherson strut we could spend a lifetime its been hashed out since the beginning of independent suspension.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!
BlueinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:26 PM   #17
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Dodge has the straight line market right now. They are pretty much untouchable for the price. So I doubt the validity of this article.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:34 PM   #18
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Dodge has the straight line market right now. They are pretty much untouchable for the price. So I doubt the validity of this article.
couldn't agree more.

I don't see them trying to turn those things into sports cars any time soon...... at least not in any affordable way.

That thing will be incredibly expensive if they do it the way they should. Most of us probably wouldn't be able to afford one.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:23 AM   #19
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueinTN View Post
I understand from your posts you like lots of back and forth but ill try one more time.

SRT vehicles comes with -2 camber sometimes a little more box stock. That is a GREAT spot for wishbone suspension. your dont need ALOT of camber to make the suspension work. You dont want alot of camber.

the whole "there is not adjustment" is just a silly argument. I dont even know where to go with that...yeah you cant but -5 degrees in it with out aftermarket arms but you really dont want to unless you like the "slammed" look.

if you want to debate Short arm long arm vs McPherson strut we could spend a lifetime its been hashed out since the beginning of independent suspension.
When you are setting up a car for track vs. autocross vs. drag, the ability to adjust front and rear camber, caster is needed. And no 99% of SRT vehicles do not have -2* of camber from the factory most have a factory spec of -1 to -1.3ish, the only SRT with close to -2* is the SRT Grand Cherokee and it had adjustable camber and caster, I am a FCA technician and have been for 12years so you could say I have had a few SRT's on the alignment rack over the years, I could literally post all the factory service specs if you truly think you are correct if you want be to proven wrong.

And yes there is a need for camber greater than -2* on a tracked or autocrossed car even without the "slammed" look you are talking about, Hoosier recommends a minimum on -3* on A7's or R7's to work correctly, I am running greater than -3* on the front and more than -2* in the rear on mine if I had a SRT vehicle and wanted to stay in a stock or street class for SCCA I couldn't due to the lack of adjustment.

Also if any camber over -2* is unneeded that makes you wonder why chevy added camber plates on the ZL1 1LE, I guess it must have just been a mistake on there part, I will get mine pulled off the car this weekend and get them returned to the dealer asap since they are not needed.

Last edited by ICTsccaCamaro; 10-18-2019 at 09:39 AM.
ICTsccaCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:05 PM   #20
BlueinTN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro View Post
When you are setting up a car for track vs. autocross vs. drag, the ability to adjust front and rear camber, caster is needed. And no 99% of SRT vehicles do not have -2* of camber from the factory most have a factory spec of -1 to -1.3ish, the only SRT with close to -2* is the SRT Grand Cherokee and it had adjustable camber and caster, I am a FCA technician and have been for 12years so you could say I have had a few SRT's on the alignment rack over the years, I could literally post all the factory service specs if you truly think you are correct if you want be to proven wrong.

10 second google search I fould alot of screen shots of camber numbers past -1.0

Moog off set bushings have been available forever. its a cheat but some people run offset bushing in the stock SCCA classes. I cant see getting caught unless its really obvious.

And yes there is a need for camber greater than -2* on a tracked or autocrossed car even without the "slammed" look you are talking about, Hoosier recommends a minimum on -3* on A7's or R7's to work correctly, I am running greater than -3* on the front and more than -2* in the rear on mine if I had a SRT vehicle and wanted to stay in a stock or street class for SCCA I couldn't due to the lack of adjustment.

A7 R7 in stock SCCA classes? your mixing apples and basketballs together. What class runs slicks on a box stock chassis?

Also if any camber over -2* is unneeded that makes you wonder why chevy added camber plates on the ZL1 1LE, I guess it must have just been a mistake on there part, I will get mine pulled off the car this weekend and get them returned to the dealer asap since they are not needed.

Didnt read anything from before... I said....Chevy ,Macpherson stut needs camber to work hence the added adjustments TO THE 1LE.

Old 10-18-2019, 10:33 PM   #21
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
The ZL1 1LE is in SS with 200tw tires and SSR with A7's
Old 10-19-2019, 09:21 AM   #22
BlueinTN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaperSS View Post

https://www.allpar.com/forums/thread....223091/page-2

If the chit chat is correct and some on this post are insiders its pretty crazy. even the words GT3 GT4 feel out of someones mouth.

Quote:

An absolute sledgehammer of a Challenger is coming, and all most folks can do is preach doom and gloom?

I have known about this car for quite a while. I won’t say all I know, but I will day a few things. From what I heard it will be (in some fashion) two cars. I don’t know what that means. I suspect it means a Scat Pac (6.4L) version, and a 6.2L Redeye version, but that is speculation on my part. It would make a ton of sense, as supercharging would disallow it from some amatuer sports car racing series and classes.

The other thing I heard is that Viper ACR-E owners had better watch their rear view, as that is the car that was benchmarked. I don’t know if it is as fast, that’s what I had heard.

I suspectulate that it would go down to the track. At RoAm ( Road America), with its long straights (Power) and slower (lower downforce required) corners, the Chally would be quicker. However, at high downforce type tracks, with shorter straights, the Viper would be quicker.

To see what hood it would have, google Wesley Motorsports. They are running four Mopars: Chally Redeye WB, Chally 392 Widebody, a Charger WB, and a Viper ACR-E.

There are other posts where I describe what mods the Wesley cars have. I am not saying the Wesley cars are the prototypes, I am saying that it would make a ton of sense we’re it true.

As far as I know, the only cars truly safe, are the Porsche 911 GT2 RS, the Lambo, and a couple of hyper exotics.

I have Ben actively asking about a GT3 version, and a GT4 version, but I have heard nothing. Those are worldwide race standards, to which a manufacturer and/or a race house can build a car to meet that spec.

IMSA GTD and SCCA Trans Am GT and SGT are classes running the GT3 and GT4 standards.

End Quote

Kevin Wesley runs Challengers and has factory help for Pikes peak etc. Good chance the car will look like his.

http://wesleymotorsports.com/

Old 10-19-2019, 09:22 AM   #23
BlueinTN

Old 10-30-2019, 01:57 PM   #24
LIVEVIL

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaperSS View Post
Good news, you don't need to wait until 2023 for your competitor. It's right around the corner

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...0-performance/
LIVEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 06:21 AM   #25
mt.nichols

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVEVIL View Post
Good news, you don't need to wait until 2023 for your competitor. It's right around the corner

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...0-performance/
The car weighs 4200 lbs. I would be very surprised if it is able to beat the ZL1 1LE around most race tracks. Even then, I wouldn't buy it merely based on the ridiculous rate I'd go through consumables.

That's what makes me chuckle about all these track-focused cars coming out and people making a huge stink about the lap times. 90% of the population can't push a car hard enough to achieve anywhere near said lap times, and fewer will even track the car more than once or twice a year because of the cost of consumables.

The ZL1 1LE is about at my threshold of what I'd like to spend in $/day to run. Add more weight, hp, etc. and it only gets worse from there.

Last edited by mt.nichols; 10-31-2019 at 09:13 AM.
mt.nichols is offline   Reply With Quote