Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

View Poll Results: To 1LE or not to 1LE
I bought a 1LE and sorta wish I had bought a non-1LE 4 14.29%
I bought a non-1LE and sorta wish I had bought a 1LE 24 85.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2019, 12:45 PM   #43
HypeBlueZL1

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
The only car to not 1LE is possibly the ZL1, depending on what your intended use is. I daily mine so I didn't want the 1LE.
HypeBlueZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 02:57 PM   #44
Clam

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
I would get the 1LE over the 1SS, as I am currently modding my car to look and handle somewhat like a 1LE when I should have gotten one from the start!
Clam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 03:39 PM   #45
sonikk71

Drives: 2017 Summit White V6 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRockford View Post
regardless of which engine is selected
2017 V6 1LE owner here. I daily drive my car about 60 miles each day. As a guy who had never owned an american car, I was a hot hatch guy, I was shocked at how great the much larger 1LE Chevy handled. I will not buy another Camaro without the 1LE package. It is that good. I dont need super fast but I do want handling.

Don't worry about the lip. The car at stock height is a 4x4 you shouldn't have any issues at all.
sonikk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 03:55 PM   #46
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
There are those who buy a 1LE and those who wish they had bought a 1LE.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 01:52 AM   #47
ggaites

Drives: 2021 ZL1 6MT
1LE package is a must have

I put 42,000 miles on a ‘17 1SS. I have 11,600 on my ‘19 1SS 1LE. The 1LE put my enjoyment of this car on a whole nother level. I love everything about it. I was really afraid of the Recaros being uncomfortable, and having to shift it, but that and the MRC are the best things about the car. E-diff is great, brakes are great. Way better than standard SS. I DD as much as possible, and as often as possible for no reason but to drive - it’s the best part of every day. No regrets. Best car ever! I spend a lot of time in snow/ice mode. I like the stealth exhaust setting as to not draw too much attention because I’m always on the gas, and even softened up it handles great. And it’s only 1 click from track mode... ***EDIT*** - I have set the suspension to track mode full time for the last several thousand miles (toggling only exhaust and steering feel) and I am thoroughly enjoying the suspension and handling!

Now, I think the ZL1 1LE may be a little different. My friend has one (ZL1 1LE) and he says it’s one of the most uncomfortable cars on the street he’s ever driven. It’s part of his fleet of track cars. I haven’t tried one but apparently the spool valve dampeners are pretty stiff. ***EDIT*** - I tried one, on a track, and I want one!! I would adapt to whatever...

Last edited by ggaites; 12-26-2019 at 08:34 PM.
ggaites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:33 PM   #48
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I read some on here say the ss m6 is faster in a straight line but plenty of 1le's have been reviewed as being just as fast. There's less guys running them at drag strips but they're just as capable just possibly harder to launch correctly. Fast list on here has some faster ss's and on 6th gen fb groups there's plenty of 1le's running great times as well.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 04:11 PM   #49
JimRockford

Drives: 1SS + SS-Sedan M6 + Terrain diesel
What a treasure-trove of info & ideas, really good stuff!
Thanks everyone for all SUPER HELPFUL INFO. I will think about it all.

Also thanks and for the poll responses for those who wanted to go back in time and toggle that 1LE option on/off. next poll will have more responses like 'wish i had bought two 1LE, one for track one for commuting gratuitously.'

Tracking is NOT my thing, my thing roadtrips around USA is my thing with occasional commuting into cities. I can drive across the USA and only touch the brakes 14 times so I wouldn't wear out the 1LE brakes too fast :|. Indeed I'm torn between value-pricing and getting all the same options i like in my SS Sedan like mag ride, and the one option it doesn't have, the heated wheel which would ensure lots of winter camaro use. There are some bad roads around here too. I thought Boston roads were bad until I drove in Pittsburgh (wow) .

I will hopefully continue to have multiple cars but I rotate between DDing them all weekly/seasonally and do loooong road trips too.

The more stealth the better for me actually, but there is nothing stealth about camaro in the first place. For now my city-commuter car is a 2017 cruze diesel stickshift , so i have that for whenever i want good mpg :| . i seem care more about handling & v8 than the mpg however. the cruze handles somewhere inbetween an amoeba and a paramecium, but it the ultimate stealth torque-monster.

Intentional impracticality, yes, I like that idea and its sheer gratuitousness. It reminds me of Seinfeld Car & Coffee when he drove the GTO (the only one i've watched).

My ss sedan has blind-spot/cross-traffic/all-that and it really is useless to me, i almost never remember to use it and don't really like or need it.

Thanks again and ROCK ON EVERYONE. ( I'm guessing there aren't too many of yall listening to classical music but who knows .

ps - camaro trivia - 1970s and early 1980s camaros & other GM cars with limited-slip rear-ends required an additive to the gear oil - the additive was WHALE OIL, sold in a tiny bottle at the parts counter.
JimRockford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 05:41 PM   #50
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
That stuff stunk bad. Is that really what it was ??
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 07:32 PM   #51
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
There are those who buy a 1LE and those who wish they had bought a 1LE.
Nope, not me. But when I bought my 2SS, you could not get that equipment level with the 1LE. Since I only drag race and street cruise, it wasn't worth the trade off for me at the time. Now I understand you can get both, so 1LE is more tempting now then it was a couple of years ago.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:40 AM   #52
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Nope, not me. But when I bought my 2SS, you could not get that equipment level with the 1LE. Since I only drag race and street cruise, it wasn't worth the trade off for me at the time. Now I understand you can get both, so 1LE is more tempting now then it was a couple of years ago.
you kind of agreed at the end.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:15 AM   #53
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
The 1le package is a way for GM to sell you $3000 worth of suspension parts only 2% of the drivers who buy this car will use or know its there....That's the truth.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:22 AM   #54
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
The 1le package is a way for GM to sell you $3000 worth of suspension parts only 2% of the drivers who buy this car will use or know its there....That's the truth.
Or it's a way to get all the chassis features of the ZL-1, minus the engine.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:39 AM   #55
End User

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE, 2012 GLI M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
Agreed the SS 1LE is uncomfortably stiff if you are driving on uneven or poorly maintained streets even in touring suspension mode, but it can be done. The underside of the front splitter scrapes on steep entrances and exits but it is attached to the bumper very securely. Also not the most pleasant to drive in bumper to bumper traffic due to the manual transmission. But if you plan to track the car it is worth it!
My daily is a 2012 GLI but my 2SS 1LE is driven to work on sunny days. I switch my 1LE into tour mode on bumpy roads and it does just fine. I have no issues in bumper to bumper traffic as the 1LE handles it easily. I can trundle along at 8-12 km/h all day long. I just leave space so I don't have to brake as much. No different that driving the GLI.
End User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:42 AM   #56
End User

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE, 2012 GLI M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
Sure there is more tire noise
Tire noise? My exhaust is always set to "track mode" so I never hear tire noise.
End User is offline   Reply With Quote